• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bought puzzle quest and I got the "You've got a new item in your inventory" popup. I checked and it showed 2 of the snow globes from the winter sale. They show up in the new items section but they aren't actually in my inventory since they are expired.

Anteater

Bad Rats is on sale.

There is no hope anymore.

I imagine this is the face of the creator reading gaf and thinking to himself "come on buy it gaf :D"

icg99jzqw9xqglnyg5.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Due to my own foolishness, I lost my save files for Pid. Thus, time to start from the beginning and I'm not looking forward to the first section over again. Fortunately the game does improve in design and fun of using the powers and platforming once it reaches Rooftop City and I'm sure I could get there rather quickly.

I will beat the game, I promised that.

Before I start up again though, how about a giveaway?

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wakes American Nightmare -- MB-9E7F7AA5187C68F5 - Taken by Faabulous. 7 entrants total.
Don't Starve -- MB-1BD8C2C30AD42DA2 - Taken by NotSelf. 33 entrants total.

t1389654856z1.png

I had a big long day of airport travel and layovers recently, so I bopped some Steam games onto my work laptop (HD4000) and did some gaming on the go. The one that I really dug into was Spelunky, but I have to say that I have to be one of the worst gamers at that game. I've been just slowly drudging though, and having a good time, but I've been pretty reliant on on unlocking the shortcuts to keep advancing. Now I see that I need to bring up a key from the Mines all the way to the Ice Caves. Honestly at this point my success rate of knocking off the 4 Ice Cave levels is like 25%, so adding that onto having to babysit a key through all the early levels and though the ice stages and I don't think that I'll be unlocking the Temple anytime soon. Still having lots of fun though, and I can see myself improving as I go along, so maybe it won't be too far off.

I also found myself hitting a bit of a difficulty cliff in Unity of Command. I love that game so far but I'm already getting stuck 1/3 of the way through the campaign (in Stalingrad) and the issue here is that compared to something like Spelunky each attempt at UoC can take a rather long time, so you don't get that "just one more try" feeling when you fail. I think I'm going to park it for a little bit so I don't get too frustrated.

Oh man, Nidhogg is fantastic. I played it at some indiecade even a few years ago, but it's great to finally have it at home. I love some of the stages I haven't seen before.

Ionic

Valve really should allow multiple gift purchases of the same game in one transaction, this could take a while

Anybody remember the Steam sale a few years back where they would sell bundles of like, 10 copies of the game for a super low price? Crazier times.

FloatOn

I was just made aware of something called an "all in one portable". Basically it's one of those all in one pc's but it's also a giant sized tablet you can carry around

Dell_XPS_18_35636363_02_610x436.jpg

dell has one called the xps 18. Should they ever get a model with decent gaming specs AND a right price this is something that I would absolutely be into. These are crazy times friends.

It's not much, but here it is if someone is missing them:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-D687AB02B3E042CA - Taken by Sullichin. 4 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-14813B0128480502 - Taken by Dolken. 2 entrants total.

t1389656746z1.png

Tellaerin

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. I'd been wanting Galactrix for awhile, and I enjoyed what I played of the original Puzzle Quest on the PSP but never got far into it. I went ahead and grabbed both with card money. I really need to sit down and play these.

Dolor

I was just made aware of something called an "all in one portable". Basically it's one of those all in one pc's but it's also a giant sized tablet you can carry around

dell has one called the xps 18. Should they ever get a model with decent gaming specs AND a right price this is something that I would absolutely be into. These are crazy times friends.

I want this. I want this now. Seriously.

Oh, feel free to think whatever you believe is true! By no means I think my opinion is the only one that counts, not at all. I just found Remember Me's combat to be totally enjoyable, fun and well made. It may be a clone of the Arkham ones, but to me it's a good one.

Besides, I liked being able to customize the effects of each combo step, and how the special powers were implemented. But that's only my opinion, so you shouldn't blindly trust it.

I just found it curious, is all.
I hear good things about Remember Me -- I picked it up during the sales and will probably get to it this year, it's near the top of the backlog.

Hopefully you're right, cause I'd like to enjoy the game as much as possible.

Due to my own foolishness, I lost my save files for Pid. Thus, time to start from the beginning and I'm not looking forward to the first section over again. Fortunately the game does improve in design and fun of using the powers and platforming once it reaches Rooftop City and I'm sure I could get there rather quickly.

I will beat the game, I promised that.

Before I start up again though, how about a giveaway?

Cheers for the giveaway.
And I feel your pain. My own idiocy (OCD) ended up costing me several hours of my MGR:R playtime. :(
My remaining save at least seems to have been after I finished all the achievements that are piecemeal and been right before I started my hard playthrough... still... I lost at least 200,000 BP worth of upgrades and R00-R02 worth of my hard playthrough with all the codecs collected toward the amateur radio achievement. :\

Brainsaw

Neo Member
I'll join the spirit of the giveaways with some keys I got in a package deal (and since I'm no collector, my disc based versions of these will serve me fine :D)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance -- MB-FAB9849FC406A3E9 - Taken by Annubis. 7 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-58D0C9AE68829453 - Taken by Pakkidis. 10 entrants total.
Supreme Commander -- MB-77D03C0A160F09FA - Taken by ussjtrunks. 8 entrants total.

t1389656927z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's insane how Sony is able to get Amazon/Steam -look a like- sales.

Now if Steam could just get The Wolf Among Us season pass for $13.49...

Install Enhanced Steam, then go here while logged into the client.

TOTAL TIME:
1291.4 Hours Idling for Cards.

Speaking of Enhanced Steam (or Steam in general using the web store)... I noticed last night when you're on the badge page where you can see the "cost of badge" information, that if you have all the cards, when the craft badge button appears, it gets a little wonky. I'm assuming this is just normal steam, but thought "maybe something with the extra info provided by enhanced steam causes it". Just thought it was worth mentioning in case you hadn't noticed this before.

jshackles

TOTAL TIME:
1291.4 Hours Idling for Cards.

Speaking of Enhanced Steam (or Steam in general using the web store)... I noticed last night when you're on the badge page where you can see the "cost of badge" information, that if you have all the cards, when the craft badge button appears, it gets a little wonky. I'm assuming this is just normal steam, but thought "maybe something with the extra info provided by enhanced steam causes it". Just thought it was worth mentioning in case you hadn't noticed this before.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check into it.

NO STOP, PLEASE, NOT THIS AGAIN.

Hahaha, I couldn't help it. I thought of all the playtime posters like myself and JaseC accrue through idling and thought it was worth making the joke... if I wasn't making the idling for cards joke, I'd not have posted it. :p

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check into it.

The craft badge button appearing caused the info bar for the next level of the badge to pop out of the table and hover over it. I think normally the craft badge button might just sit over top of the next level info on a higher z layer?
If I end up with another badge crafting opportunity, I'll try to grab a screen or two and check it both with and without ES.

louiedog

Play games in bed, while traveling, or out on the deck on a nice day with a cool beverage. Plug into 4k TV and more powerful external GPU and sit on the couch with a controller for an even better experience.

That's the future I'm looking forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom