• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seams like the typical non-proofed article. If it had been confirmed I'm sure when Tora was being bugged about it he might have at least been at least forthcoming with some details. Rumored? yes, confirmed? no.

What does surprise me is that the decisions to release not only Rising but the late port of Lords of Shadow and day and date release of the sequel weren't exactly overnight on a whim ventures but would have been in some form of consideration for some time. If that's the case why not take a gamble, to test the waters so to speak with Ground Zeroes for pc at the same time as the console versions. Considering how long since that was announced for release and no confirmation of a pc release apart from a few suspect rumors.

If it sells well push on with MGS V on pc. Despite being a different genre to Solid but still the same universe Rising had better day one and lifetime to date concurrent players than Darksiders II and DmC, which both released in line with other platforms. Says a lot for the franchise if a port after a year can turn in those numbers.

I'd say it's because LoS and MGR are small enough to test the waters, but something like MGS way to big to take any risks with it. It's their biggest IP and not something they can throw around like that. If MGR does well enough, if it hasn't already, then we might see the MGS HD collection as the next step. It would also be pretty cruel to release Ground Zeroes as a test and then not bring The Phantom Pain over, because GS didn't do well enough.

ArjanN

No it doesn't. There was a battle where you fight these scald or whatever, and immediately after one of them jumps your caravan and you have to choose between losing one of your main battle dudes or some extra gold. Like no.

I realize it's setup as a CYOA/Fire Emblem but no. No losing actual battle guys in (on at least a first playthrough) is a random event. Reloading took you back all the way to before the battle.

aaaand if you pick a specific option you just randomly lose a character for no good reason. Great.

No savescumming for you, haha. :p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
If it sells well push on with MGS V on pc. Despite being a different genre to Solid but still the same universe Rising had better day one and lifetime to date concurrent players than Darksiders II and DmC, which both released in line with other platforms. Says a lot for the franchise if a port after a year can turn in those numbers.

This is Konami we are talking about.

Knurek

But is it? I have a feeling that the Konami we're talking about would've handled the port of MGR a bit different and a late port of LoS in preparation for the sequel wouldn't even be a thing.

I wish they would give PC gamers their earlier console offerings. All those Metroidvanias would be much more appreciated than a God of War clone.

Yes, I am aware emulators exists. They don't give me Steam Score/Cheevos/etc though.

It's the Steam group chat, but it sucks, because of one or two regulars in there. And no one ever talks!

Must have been a while since you were in the chat. There's only 4-5 people in there now, and I can't think of any of the 'regulars' that currently visit that make it a bad place to go chat.

We do chat, but at the same time we're playing games. For the most part we sit in there 24/7 and talk whenever.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Could somebody explain me how to turn off a wireless Xbox 360 controller without removing the batteries?

Makes me feel like a caveman.
I caveman it too but I don't actually remove the batteries or the pack, I just press the button and move the pack cover lightly, sometimes not even opening all the way and it turns off. Then I close it again.

I saw this being suggested around (scroll below for English text) and it apparently works when you hold the home button, but I haven't been assed to try it yet.

x03vO.png

Forkball

Suddenly, Guilty Gear. I forgot that even came to PC. What other forgotten PC releases have yet to come to Steam? I know Blazblue is a big one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't the simpliest solution to generate keys for the soundtrack as a DLC?

Yeah, I mentioned as much in my PM to Chris (though he hasn't been online since yesterday morning so he hasn't seen it) as well as over at the DF's own Broken Age forums... and Steam Community's equivalent thread. I just sent another PM to Chris telling him to ignore the previous one on the count of Greg's update. ;)

Dr Dogg

I'd say it's because LoS and MGR are small enough to test the waters, but something like MGS way to big to take any risks with it. It's their biggest IP and not something they can throw around like that. If MGR does well enough, if it hasn't already, then we might see the MGS HD collection as the next step. It would also be pretty cruel to release Ground Zeroes as a test and then not bring The Phantom Pain over, because GS didn't do well enough.

I don't know. Not being privy to either of the pitch meetings of how both LoS or Rising got the go ahead it's hard to say what Konami would or wouldn't see as a risk. But taking an established franchise which is now being developed on an engine that is deployable on Windows and not considering a release pc would seam a little barmy compared to 2 titles that hardly have any pc heritage.

Either way none of them are going to be cheap to put on pc and I'm sure the bean counters have worked out if any venture would be profitable or an inherent risk.

Suddenly, Guilty Gear. I forgot that even came to PC. What other forgotten PC releases have yet to come to Steam? I know Blazblue is a big one.

GFWL, yuck!

If that was patched out I'd be all over BlazBlue CT.

Now getting official MUGEN support would be a pipe dream. Licencing and copyright nightmare though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they would give PC gamers their earlier console offerings. All those Metroidvanias would be much more appreciated than a God of War clone.

Yes, I am aware emulators exists. They don't give me Steam Score/Cheevos/etc though.
I'd love both: new titles and past catalogue. Never played Symphony of the Night, so I'd totally buy it. I'd also get a Metal Gear Solid franchise pack on day one.

I thought I was the only one doing that.

I asked like three friends before posting here and they all do the same :lol

I caveman it too but I don't actually remove the batteries or the pack, I just press the button and move the pack cover lightly, sometimes not even opening all the way and it turns off. Then I close it again.

I saw this being suggested around (scroll below for English text) and it apparently works when you hold the home button, but I haven't been assed to try it yet.

x03vO.png

Well, I don't actually remove them, I do the same as you :p

I'm going to check your link as soon as I get back home, thanks.

From the Digital Foundry article on Metal Gear Rising

I hope its not just a mistake and something that hasn't been released yet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-revengeance-pc

I will pre-order the hell out of any MGS game they put on Steam. I'll be literally shocked if MGS5 doesn't end up there.

I'm more looking forward to older titles being ported, would love to replay them on PC.

Not to dissuade anyone as its a fantastic game, but the Deadly Premonition port is shite.

even post-Durante?

Thank you to everyone who posted recommendations on Sonic games last night/this morning. It sounds like my best bet is to keep it simple and start at the beginning and work through Sonic 1, 2, 3 and then 3 & Knuckles, assuming my son is still interested after 1!

Thanks again Steam-GAF!

Tizoc

Reposting for the new page~
So I've got some Spare Steam keys I've decided to make a giveaway of.
...thing is I'm not sure if they're still active since some are over a year old ^^; Apologies in advance if the code you'd win is invalid.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts #2 -- MB-C7B06615835D9769
Whispered World #1 -- MB-869894841F5EBE8F
Whispered World #2 -- MB-2E6985094CD38117 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Awesomenauts #1 -- MB-4892CD50F091281F
ulgzbKC.png
Face Noir Desura Key -- MB-14126196EFC393CA
Strongbad's Cool game for Attractive People -- MB-A70C1CC96253B1E0 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Delve Deeper -- MB-BF9A2AAAC17562BC - Taken by Sarcasm
Pid -- MB-1121E1D167785263 - Taken by Servizio
Bioshock -- MB-F3EFC1EC547A66D9 - Taken by Friggz
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #2 -- MB-19D9BA5DB75497B7 - Taken by Divius
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-2B1023AFA62D352C - Taken by lindarasta
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-41234088C01F44CF
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed #1 -- MB-F3F3C0D3D15DC7D9 - Taken by Shadowlink
Kung Fu strike -- MB-C598D54867D7B342 - Taken by Snakethesniper
Serious Sam 3 -- MB-6523003AAB31680F
Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-82050112F97351F5
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-C5FF7D932A3480F0 - Taken by nexen
Contrast -- MB-BCCBEBB3CE9E1B7A - Taken by Zafir

t1389983262z1.png

Oh and I've got half a dozen more stuff I want to giveaway but not anytime soon =P

Knurek

I'd love both: new titles and past catalogue. Never played Symphony of the Night, so I'd totally buy it. I'd also get a Metal Gear Solid franchise pack on day one.

Yeah, Symphony of the Night, GBA/DS Castlevanias, heck, I'd even play the shit out of Contra: Hard Cops.
$JP_publisher doesn't do digital though... :(

FloatOn

Fallout 3 progress report:

I actually had a chance to play a video game for an hour or so last night. I made it to the citadel and I'm now able to wear the power armor I picked up off a dead brotherhood of steel paladin hours ago that has been weighing down my inventory capacity. With the power armor and the A3-21 plasma rifle I feel like a god damn terminator. Anyway, after my time in the citadel, I made my way to little lamplight and now I have to earn the trust of the children by murdering slavers in paradise falls. It's for the children guys, I'm not a bad guy, I swear! I feel like I'm closing in on finishing the main quest and once I do, I'll probably give fallout 3 a big send off in the way of
nuking megaton

February means New Vegas for me. So stayed tuned to more post-apocalyptic adventure reports soon.

Dr Dogg

Ok after the SteamGAF praise SR IV got I still didn't believe it could be anymore than a slightly goofier rehash of SR III but power running and jumping around Steelport with Haddaway blaring out in the background has brought the biggest grin to my face in ages. Completely bonkers game!

I think FM starts being steamworks title by FM 2012, cos I remember buying it full price.

2012 onwards it was compulsory you had to activate it on Steam (there was a lot of tears over at SI's forums) but as of 2009 you could register them on Steam (just check JaseC's account!) Hence why 2012 sold quite well as FM has always been pirated to hell and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom