• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard is it to play SR4 with a keyboard and mouse?

My first playthrough of SR4 I went kb/m and the default key-binding to switch super powers is annoying, F1-F4. Whenever I wanted to hit F1 I would almost always hit Esc by accident Other than that it plays perfectly

Second playthrough I went with a 360 controller and everything felt easier sans aiming of course.

Anteater

Let's roll

saintsrowiv_2014_01_1kucok.jpg

Levyne

Banned
I started up Singularity today after some PS+ distractions the last couple.

Damn, it really is "like Bioshock". So far. Game isn't the prettiest but I think I am going to enjoy it.

Prophane33

Givin' back to the community.

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Afterlight -- MB-7C313606757F10FE - Taken by C4rter

An-Det

I started up Singularity today after some PS+ distractions the last couple.

Damn, it really is "like Bioshock". So far. Game isn't the prettiest but I think I am going to enjoy it.

I played it last summer and got huge Bioshock vibes from it as well. Definitely keep at it, I thought it was pretty solid.

I think I'm going to have to give up on my copy of Prey coming in. If it's not here tomorrow, the seller via Amazon.co.uk will send another or give me a refund. All I really want is the key for redemption on Steam... but it's not worth the hassle of ordering another one, I'd wager and chancing it not showing up again.

Any of you that picked up a bunch happen to have any extra?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A part of me really wishes that someone would make a multiplayer mod of FTL like that of Journey on PSN. No notice that one is playing online and interactions of other ships all work the same way (trading, battle, retreating, etc), all just an even more varied experience that one can still think is single player only as long as nothing is done too out of the ordinary by the other player and obviously no one tells you about it before hand.

It's fun to see someone play journey and get help by another player without knowing a person is controlling that other character until some time later when realisation takes place.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Did everyone get that GMG Thief voucher? -37% for a brand new game doesn't seem too shabby I guess?

The only thing that could have possibly made me less confident in the new Thief game is mass discounts of the new Thief game before it's available. At this point I'd put my life savings on a bet that this game will be a complete trainwreck.

Does anyone who use Metro for Steam skin have any problems playing Source games? The overlay does not deactivate occasionally since I installed it and I have to force close the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently Steam Bandits is F2P but will be a paid game for the duration of its Early Access period. I better make a note of this somewhere so I don't forget to buy it.

vazel

Banned
The only thing that could have possibly made me less confident in the new Thief game is mass discounts of the new Thief game before it's available. At this point I'd put my life savings on a bet that this game will be a complete trainwreck.
2K was giving out two free games at many online retailers if you pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite for PC and that game turned out alright.

I wish this Thief discount was more widely available. I got no email from GMG with a discount code. That would have pushed me over the edge to pre-order.

Seagoon

Good luck everyone!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hoard -- MB-6789AA17403722C4 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-473EE2BD1E8A3D84 - Taken by mannerbot. 5 entrants total.

t1389946362z1.png

cicero

awww. I totally forgot that the GamersGate 20% off Compensation discount ended December 31st 2013. I mistakenly assumed it was like the 25th of January marking a year from when they finally resolved the issue back in 2013. I feel like one of the unwashed massed now, paying full price on my highly discounted purchases.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
awww. I totally forgot that the GamersGate 20% off Compensation discount ended December 31st 2013. I mistakenly assumed it was like the 25th of January marking a year from when they finally resolved the issue back in 2013. I feel like one of the unwashed massed now, paying full price on my highly discounted purchases.

Time to get in on the trading game!

Arthea

I have a question. If I don't buy SR4 during the free weekend, did I lose and install and save files? I mean, if I buy it later, I have to download and start from the beginning again?
Never cared for a free weekend game before, but I am going to buy SR4 at some time, just not right now and I was thinking is it worth playing now if I have to replay it later?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I have a question. If I don't buy SR4 during the free weekend, did I lose and install and save files? I mean, if I buy it later, I have to download and start from the beginning again?
Never cared for a free weekend game before, but I am going to buy SR4 at some time, just not right now and I was thinking is it worth playing now if I have to replay it later?

I believe it has steam cloud therefore you will get your save back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom