• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

I just finished Tomb Raider, and was a really good experience. Once you ends up playing it for what it is and not what you think it should be. Is very enjoyable.

I think the game have a lot of good ideas but is too much a console game, what I mean is that it is an easy game, a game that never delves into the gameplay, the evolution of the character is always forced, too many bullets and enemies have a predictable and week aritificial intelligence, are a very few riddles without imagination, unnecesary multiplayer, etc. I'm practically an exclusive PC gamer, and the mindless shooters with wannabe Michael Bay sequences are just not very appealing to me.

I highly recommend it for what it is but I hope that one day some developer dares more in a game of this type making it more survival than another Modern Warfare / Gears of War / Uncharted. Or at least a Tomb Raider game.

The quicktime events sucks (im playing with keyboard and was a torture).

I just finished Tomb Raider, and was a really good experience. Once you ends up playing it for what it is and not what you think it should be. Is very enjoyable.

I think the game have a lot of good ideas but is too much a console game, what I mean is that it is an easy game, a game that never delves into the gameplay, the evolution of the character is always forced, too many bullets and enemies have a predictable and week aritificial intelligence, are a very few riddles without imagination, unnecesary multiplayer, etc. I'm practically an exclusive PC gamer, and the mindless shooters with wannabe Michael Bay sequences are just not very appealing to me.

I highly recommend it for what it is but I hope that one day some developer dares more in a game of this type making it more survival than another Modern Warfare / Gears of War / Uncharted

The quicktime events sucks (im playing with keyboard and was a torture).

I loved Tomb Raider on 360, haven't played it on PC.

The experience felt great, though it was totally different from classic Tomb Raider games.

The game would have benefited from more puzzles like the old Tomb Raiders used to have.

I hope the next one is slightly less shooty and has more puzzles / tombs.

dammit I still have to beat Tomb Raider, but I don't know why I have the feeling I have to wait for the Definitive Edition to be released on Steam as S-E did with Deus Ex

Grief.exe

From the Digital Foundry article on Metal Gear Rising

Taken as a first step of a much grander initiative though, this is still a small victory for Konami. Revengeance on PC won't go down in the annals of videogame history as the most luxurious of ports, but with enough commercial success this could be the springboard for greater efforts on PC in the future. And with Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and Lords of Shadow 2 already confirmed for a Windows release, that can be no bad thing.

I hope its not just a mistake and something that hasn't been released yet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-revengeance-pc

But the Definitive Edition is not just the PC game on console?
troll off

lol

they should've named it Director's Cut like they did with Deus EX HR, but apparenlty Definitive Edition sounds more badass[(i]. I'd love to try it because of the improvements, and I gotta admit I really like the new Lara

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can get one of those AMD vouchers from eBay for £14 that has Thief and another game, just sell the other game and Thief is like £8.

Gvaz

Banned
It already makes a save right before every decision or battle, it's just way to discourage cheesing combat. Even then, the seed stays the same between every reload

No it doesn't. There was a battle where you fight these scald or whatever, and immediately after one of them jumps your caravan and you have to choose between losing one of your main battle dudes or some extra gold. Like no.

I realize it's setup as a CYOA/Fire Emblem but no. No losing actual battle guys in (on at least a first playthrough) is a random event. Reloading took you back all the way to before the battle.

aaaand if you pick a specific option you just randomly lose a character for no good reason. Great.

jediyoshi

GunZ 2 update
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/133839622/1389949544
Greetings all,

As of this week, we've cleared all of Steam release preparation tasks and the game is ready to go live. We are waiting for Valve’s green light for the release. Although we were hoping to be able to set a release date this week, I am afraid to announce that we will have to wait until review process is complete. However, I assure you all that we will set the earliest date possible for the release.

Here’s this week’s status update. In addition to Steam Achievement, we will also be supporting Steam Trading Card feature. As you play GunZ 2, you will collect various GunZ 2 trading cards. Please find out more about Steam Trading Cards at this URL.

Again, I apologize about the delay in release date announcement. We’ll be back with specific plans as soon as possible.
Thank you all for your patience.

jediyoshi

No it doesn't. There was a battle where you fight these scald or whatever, and immediately after one of them jumps your caravan and you have to choose between losing one of your main battle dudes or some extra gold. Like no.

I realize it's setup as a CYOA/Fire Emblem but no. No losing actual battle guys in (on at least a first playthrough) is a random event. Reloading took you back all the way to before the battle.

Huh? Are you upset at no manual saves or them forcing deaths? The latter would exist regardless.

Acccent

Just got a Secrets of Raetikon key from Broken Rules - I've always been very skeptical about the game yet extremely attracted to its potential. I was hugely disappointed with Chasing Aurora. I'll post impressions as soon as I've had time to try it, in case anyone's in the same spot as I was :)

jonno394

Just bought the Indie Gala Bundle on the possibility that Deadly Premonition is one of the 4 bonus games, but also because Ballpoint universe looks fantastic.

Nabs

How hard is it to play SR4 with a keyboard and mouse?

I know I'm late but KBM is the way I played the last half of the game. It's really good. Choosing powers can be a little annoying at times, but everything else feels great.

Dr Dogg

From the Digital Foundry article on Metal Gear Rising

I hope its not just a mistake and something that hasn't been released yet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-revengeance-pc

Seams like the typical non-proofed article. If it had been confirmed I'm sure when Tora was being bugged about it he might have at least been at least forthcoming with some details. Rumored? yes, confirmed? no.

What does surprise me is that the decisions to release not only Rising but the late port of Lords of Shadow and day and date release of the sequel weren't exactly overnight on a whim ventures but would have been in some form of consideration for some time. If that's the case why not take a gamble, to test the waters so to speak with Ground Zeroes for pc at the same time as the console versions. Considering how long since that was announced for release and no confirmation of a pc release apart from a few suspect rumors.

If it sells well push on with MGS V on pc. Despite being a different genre to Solid but still the same universe Rising had better day one and lifetime to date concurrent players than Darksiders II and DmC, which both released in line with other platforms. Says a lot for the franchise if a port after a year can turn in those numbers.

Tizoc

I know I'm late but KBM is the way I played the last half of the game. It's really good. Choosing powers can be a little annoying at times, but everything else feels great.

Neato, gonna be home in an hour will start dling it then, and try to put in an hour today at least XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom