• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Deal: The Secret World 66% Off ($10.19)

You aren't Turfster....

Will wait for 75% off

Pre-ordering the game was a huge mistake

Basically pre-ordering any game is a huge mistake unless you plan on playing it Day1. These bundles are getting a little out of control.

iOAkY6nNZaicn.gif

Caught the end of Training Day on TV yesterday. Such an awesome climax.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lemme know if you wanna do a 2-pack then Jase

Yeah, I'll hit you up if the CE is just the co-op pack sans the gift copy of Original Sin.

Edit: Even this chart isn't overly helpful since it doesn't match up with what's on offer on Steam. Game + OST + developer diary/documentary seems like a safe bet, though.

Kadin

Just in case people didn't know about these sales going on right now at GMG. Some good prices. I searched a ways back and didn't see this so if they've already been posted, my apologies.

Plus get an extra 25% off with code - GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU (thx hohoXD123 and MMBosstones86)

Available until 1600 UTC January 19th:

BioShock Infinite at 75%

Available until 1600 UTC January 20th:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY at 75%
Batman Arkham City GOTY at 75%
Headlong Racing at 66%
Kerbal Space Program at 33%
Lara Croft And The Guardian of Light at 75%
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes at 75%
LEGO Batman The Videogame at 75%
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 at 75%
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 at 75%
LEGO Lord of the Rings at 75%
Rooks Keep at 66%
Super Chain Crusher Horizon at 66%
Tomb Raider Anniversary at 75%
Tomb Raider III at 75%
Tomb Raider at 75%
Tomb Raider Collection at 75%
Zack Zero at 66%

hohoXD123

Just in case people didn't know about these sales going on right now at GMG. Some good prices. I searched a ways back and didn't see this so if they've already been posted, my apologies.

Available until 1600 UTC January 19th:

BioShock Infinite at 75%

Available until 1600 UTC January 20th:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY at 75%
Batman Arkham City GOTY at 75%
Headlong Racing at 66%
Kerbal Space Program at 33%
Lara Croft And The Guardian of Light at 75%
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes at 75%
LEGO Batman The Videogame at 75%
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 at 75%
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 at 75%
LEGO Lord of the Rings at 75%
Rooks Keep at 66%
Super Chain Crusher Horizon at 66%
Tomb Raider Anniversary at 75%
Tomb Raider III at 75%
Tomb Raider at 75%
Tomb Raider Collection at 75%
Zack Zero at 66%

Also an extra 25% off:
GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Divinity: Original Sin has hit Early Access... but isn't available just yet.

Edit: There'll be a two-pack but not one for the Collector's Edition, it seems. :(

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm a huge fan of Divine Divinity, and Larian Studios (and I know they're fans of mine as well!) so I'm really happy to see them return to their roots.

Backlogger

I was looking at these earlier and I am really tempted to start double dipping on the LEGO games. I pretty much have all of them on my xBox because its easier to play them with my son that way in the living room, but planning ahead on having a Steam box in the living room I'd like to own these through Steam.

The fact though that I don't think Pirates nor the Indiana Jones LEGO games are on Steam kinda bugs me though.

There is also that Wii U exclusive LEGO game... I'd really like to see that come to PC and/or xBox as well...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The fact though that I don't think Pirates nor the Indiana Jones LEGO games are on Steam kinda bugs me though.

There is also that Wii U exclusive LEGO game... I'd really like to see that come to PC and/or xBox as well...

The Indy and Star Wars games are on Steam, they just haven't gone on sale since Disney gutted LucasArts. Disney Interactive itself has a very strange aversion to Steam for some reason (it's never, ever, ever published a game), which is why Pirates, much to my chagrin, isn't available.

Kadin

I was looking at these earlier and I am really tempted to start double dipping on the LEGO games. I pretty much have all of them on my xBox because its easier to play them with my son that way in the living room, but planning ahead on having a Steam box in the living room I'd like to own these through Steam.

And that Wii U LEGO game (Lego City Undercover) is amazing. Definitely a must-by for the system. Not sure if it'll make it to any other platforms but from what I've read, don't count on it.

I'm also double dipping on a few of the LEGO games for a similar reason. I know I'll eventually move my computer into my living room and would like to have them via Steam as my 360 will eventually go to another room.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
AE will be made irrelevant once Ultra drops. AE and Ultra are the same game insomuch as DR2 and DR2:OTR are the same game. If you care about SF4 multiplayer you'll be playing Ultra.

Plus, I may be mistaken, won't the single-player content still be available once GFWL shutsdown?
The game may become obsolete, but that doesn't change the fact that people won't be able to keep playing its multiplayer even if they want to. They will be forced to pay $15 for the upgrade, which I think is a pretty scummy thing on Capcom's part.

Backlogger

And that Wii U LEGO game (Lego City Undercover) is amazing. Definitely a must-by for the system.

Not to get off topic, but I probably will buy a Wii U eventually but only for exclusives including Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. They shouldn't have launched the Wii U without those IMO.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I often catch myself saying that we live in the worst of all possible universes. But you know, somewhere out there exists a universe where GFWL won.

I think we're doing okay after all.
Amazing. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'd love to read a book written by you, full of your sharp and sarcastic humor.

Backlogger

The Indy and Star Wars games are on Steam, they just haven't gone on sale since Disney gutted LucasArts. Disney Interactive itself has a very strange aversion to Steam for some reason (it's never, ever, ever published a game), which is why Pirates, much to my chagrin, isn't available.

Ah, I knew about Star Wars, not sure how I missed the IJ games though. Pirates is really good too. It would sell like hotcakes on Steam.

Not to get off topic, but I probably will buy a Wii U eventually but only for exclusives including Mario Kart and Smash Brothers. They shouldn't have launched the Wii U without those IMO.

It's getting way more time than my PS4 at the moment and has been neck and neck with my PC since August. Totally worth it at the moment.

Santini

Is tomb raider anniversary any good? Should I get tomb raider 3?

I had fun checking this out (TRA) last year. I didn't finish it, only the first chapter, but enjoyed the ride. Being a remake of an older title, it offers a fair challenge that doesn't hold your hands like most modern action/adventure games do. I played it in stereoscopic 3D with an Xbox 360 controller. IIRC, the tutorial button icons don't change for some reason.

Anyhow, it's worth the discount price on GMG, that's for sure.

Grief.exe

Ballpoint Universe and Tales of Maj'Eyal are actually very highly rated on the Steam review system.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-E1827D3351ECE832 - Taken by topyy
Gravity Badgers -- MB-B5B3A8B1353252F8 - Taken by Dusk Golem - Taken by Dusk Golem
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-B45D4BE58F5BEFD5 - Taken by oipic
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-71BCAAFB8CE9A27D - Taken by RS4-
Two Brothers -- MB-022E785119ABF061 - Taken by tylergregg

Cth

At its heart, Deadly Premonition is like some strange blend of Resident Evil 4 meets Shenmue, with huge Twin Peaks, Silent Hill, and Harvest Moon overtones.

Y'know, I put off getting this game forever despite all the praise SteamGAF has given it, but you've convinced me :D

I think my wife may even play it given the above list of inspirations.

So this is the Birdemic of videogames in a way?

At its heart, Deadly Premonition is like some strange blend of Resident Evil 4 meets Shenmue, with huge Twin Peaks, Silent Hill, and Harvest Moon overtones.
So much so that the violence is surprising when it comes. (I just finished Chapter 2)

So this is the Birdemic of videogames in a way?

Nah. Birdemic is watching a car accident, whereas Deadly Premonition is watching a Hyundai Sonata struggling to parallel park. Fun to laugh at/with, but ultimately endearing, rather than actually bad like Birdemic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Something about the whole 'Early Access' thing bugs me. Basically making people pay to do QA work. I guess you know what you're getting yourself into?

It isn't QA work, because the great majority of people are never going to do any sort of bug reporting or offer any feedback. It's a pre-order, and the pre-order bonus is that you get to play the game while it's still in progress. I really don't see anything wrong with Early Access and don't understand the complaints. I don't buy into them often myself, and when I do I tend not to play them much until release anyway, but treating it like it's some blight on the industry or acting like pre-orders are something new, I just don't get that.

edit: That is, aside from people who are just anti-preorders in general. That makes complete sense.

Grief.exe

Wf7pIpt.png

There comes a point where you need to have a long think on why you have never won a modbot giveaway ;)

EDIT: He PM'd me right after I put this up about the mistake.

Grief, cheers for Ballpoint and the giveaway but haven't received a PM just yet lol.

Modbot seems to be running a bit behind, enjoy!

Alright, have an extra copy of Divinity Original Sin that comes with the first two games(beyond and Divine) Anyone want it for 14 through paypal?

Edit: Gone

Have all the Lego games bar Pirates really want it but not sure the best way to get it, Also got the star wars and indie lego titles from an russian trader they work out at about 50% off the € price think it was 21 keys for the lot

vg260

The game may become obsolete, but that doesn't change the fact that people won't be able to keep playing its multiplayer even if they want to. They will be forced to pay $15 for the upgrade, which I think is a pretty scummy thing on Capcom's part.

For SF, It's frustrating and unfortunate, but being a fighter I don't see it as scummy in this scenario when the vast majority of the online multiplayer userbase will be dropping it completely, and $15 is not much to ask really for so many improvements and additions. Also from my understanding of Capcom's internal PC push, it might not have ever happened if not for being able to port it to GFWL easily originally. All things considered, it's a non-issue to me. It's only the release timing that bothers me.

I'm more disappointed at the older standalone games.

I just want to say how much of a bummer it is that Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures is no longer available for purchase anywhere. Not only is it a source for my avatar for the past 5 years, but it was a genuinely enjoyable game. It was in the era where Telltale was making excellent adventure games almost exclusively out of my favorite series (Homestar Runner, Wallace & Gromit, Sam & Max).

It's been somewhat disheartening to see the studio change. I've played everything they've made since almost the beginning, and while I definitely am still enjoying the choice based games, it's a real shame to lose the adventure stuff. I felt like they never got enough credit for how good those actually were. I'm definitely happy for their success, and that people are finally starting to take note of them, but it's just a bit melancholy to see the shift in style.

So if you have Wallace & Gromit, please play it sometime. It's a really nice series that has some well designed puzzles, and a lovely story wrapped around it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Something about the whole 'Early Access' thing bugs me. Basically making people pay to do QA work. I guess you know what you're getting yourself into?
Indeed they know. Or they should, given that there's a huge banner on the store page.

This is no different than pre-ordering a game in its early stages, with the added benefit that you get to play it as soon as you pay. It's unfinished and probably buggy, but then again nobody's forcing you to buy it in that state. You can always wait for the final version to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom