• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Rising seems to be a good option, glad you have fun with it.

Dark Souls II needs to be played on PC Grief, you know it! And yes I'm getting it, Day One. I already pre-ordered on amazon.uk so I'll just need the official release date and then I need to wait for International shipping, hoping it would not take more than 5 business days to deliver to my place. It's going to be hard waiting all those days but it was the best solution I could find. Can't wait.

I'll have to find a cheaper alternative to steam as well but having to wait for it to arrive is going to kill me...
I guess amazon is the way to go.

I bought Divinity because I am weak against the allure of party based RPGs. Anybody else ready for some sweet beta testin`?

I'm very tempted, but I'm going to have to wait a bit until I have the funds for it. I am however looking forward to seeing some impressions from you guys that bought it and actually play your games. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Raffle timing, the timer starts ticking when you CREATE the raffle, not when you post it. So if you create a three hour raffle and then come back an hour later to post, it's a 2 hour raffle.

RE: Games making it out of early access; I think the presumed arc is 6-9 months in Early Access, right? And it's been 9 months, so you'd really expect most stuff from the beginning to still be in early access. I mean, like I said, a lot of this stuff is more about iterative development rather than beta testing. Notably State of Decay was early access and is now released. Insurgency just left Early Access. ArmA III left early access. Electronic Super Joy. Don't Starve. Not sure how many others.

Kadin

Thinking of picking up Kerbal Space Program via GMG. Any impressions of the game before I pull the trigger? What other game(s) would you compare it to? Seems pretty unique from the videos I've watched.

edit - Just saw there's a demo on Steam. Downloading this now.

Hrothgar

Installing Divinity Original Sin now :D

Thinking of picking up Kerbal Space Program via GMG. Any impressions of the game before I pull the trigger? What other game(s) would you compare it to? Seems pretty unique from the videos I've watched.

edit - Just saw there's a demo on Steam. Downloading this now.

Not comparable with anything I've ever played. As a big space exploration geek, this is the perfect game.

Waku

Man that Saints 4.

Escaping an alien mothership to the sound of What is Love?

Volition, you magnificent bastards.

33vntj4y7sl.gif

Tizoc

Thanks very much to Tizoc for Lunnye Devitsy.

I seem to have received about half a dozen notifications (and counting) for it though. Is ModBot not feeling too well right now?

Looks like it, it would send me a PM showing the same person winning a giveaway 3 or so times @_@

Tried out Saint's Row 4, laughed my ass off, but gotta go to bed soon, will play some more tomorrow and hopefully I can somehow get the main game for under $15 through GMG soon XO.

The_Monk

I'll have to find a cheaper alternative to steam as well but having to wait for it to arrive is going to kill me...
I guess amazon is the way to go.

It seems that I had a 5£ voucher so the discount price helped. If you are looking to buy local I'm not sure if you are going to get any decent price, I'm afraid. Either way I'm always checking here and there for any good local deal so in case I find something I'll be sure to send you a PM as soon as possible.

Wasteland 2 should be coming out of Early Access pretty soon, I'm excited for that one.

They are actually livestreaming right now http://www.twitch.tv/inxile

This is the other game I can't wait to get it, thanks for the link, saved for later!

Grief.exe

Slipped under my radar, thanks for the link!

So, to sum it up:

- New control system (which feels super good)
- New and redesigned puzzles (including one new location/scene)
- Remastered art (more snow, fog, more effects, post-effects including color correction, vignetting, blur, a very subtle bloom effect and more!)
- Companion now integrated into the game accessible all the time via a small menu (that can be hidden!)
- A map reached via the menu
- An optional hint system, also via the menu.
+ a little bit of this and that.

Hope they add achievements and cards as well. Only increases your revenue potential, especially the latter, the former is more indirect.

Acccent

Hope they add achievements and cards as well. Only increases your revenue potential, especially the latter, the former is more indirect.

No problem. The way they formatted their list of improvements looks like all but the last line is a minus, and only the 'little bit of this and that' is an actual addition to the game :p

Also gosh it always takes me 2 full minutes before I realize that you're Grief since you changed your profile picture. Earlier today I was like 'it's been a while since he last posted he must be on holidays or something'

Grief.exe

Got em

PPxXnCe.png

I am so upset that I only donated 50 bucks right now.

Probably better off, I prefer to wait for games to be completely finished.

If you really want to get in they are about to post a $10 option for people such as yourself to get into Beta.

No problem. The way they formatted their list of improvements looks like all but the last line is a minus, and only the 'little bit of this and that' is an actual addition to the game :p

Also gosh it always takes me 2 full minutes before I realize that you're Grief since you changed your profile picture. Earlier today I was like 'it's been a while since he last posted he must be on holidays or something'

I do the same thing, I generally recognize people by avatar. Real pic January is screwing up my perception of posters!

Platy

I got Dark Souls as a gift during the sales .... and I heard in another thread that it will stop using GFWL sometime this year

A friend had some trouble losing his save and things like that when one of the Batman games lost GFWL support ... anyone had problems like that ?

Should I wait to play Dark Souls ?

nexen

I honestly don't understand why anyone would release a game on steam and NOT add trading cards. The effort to get them on there is minuscule.

Vazduh

:)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alpha Prime -- MB-648D415DAC82314B - Taken by ussjtrunks. 3 entrants total.
Take On Helicopters -- MB-4789BD42C51ED400 - Taken by Kaper. 7 entrants total.
UFO: Afterlight -- MB-393718668D6ED9C9 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 2 entrants total.

t1390001294z1.png

Cool little roguelike, I bought it during the winter sale. :( Should have waited 2 weeks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-78C9DB491B5A30E2 - Taken by trailmix16

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Probably better off, I prefer to wait for games to be completely finished.

If you really want to get in they are about to post a $10 option for people such as yourself to get into Beta.

Just got that answered in the chat. I'm probably going to pass, A) for the reason you said and B) I only missed it by 5 bucks. Not too keen on paying extra to beta test as one of the first backers. Not anybody's fault but my own, but still.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I got Dark Souls as a gift during the sales .... and I heard in another thread that it will stop using GFWL sometime this year

A friend had some trouble losing his save and things like that when one of the Batman games lost GFWL support ... anyone had problems like that ?

You should play Dark Souls right now. Period.

Nabs

Play Dark Souls now. There's no reason to wait, or even worry about your save.

I was also able to save my Batman save just fine.

AHA-Lambda

Damn, I missed multiple calls to avoid this game :(

It's average at best, well whenever it works that is. But yeah, chief complaint more than any is the scripting, it's horrendous. I've had to restart checkpoints more than once just to try and get things moving properly.

As well as that, I've had multiple crashes, the combat is like something from a cheap bargain bin title, with extremely jerky animations, random weapon switches, not being able to switch weapon and at times getting stuck in iron sights. At best, whenever it works, its simplicity is cathartic.

Eurgh, night and day from having just completed Shadow Warrior. I'm wondering if i would have been better just playing the original RotT.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care what people do with their money, I just don't like the idea of paying full price for a less than complete work product.
You're actually paying full price for a complete work product. The thing is that it hasn't been released yet at the moment of purchase, so the devs allow you to play some pre-release versions until it's out. But you'll get the full version once it is.

nexen

Damn, I missed multiple calls to avoid this game :(

It's average at best, well whenever it works that is. But yeah, chief complaint more than any is the scripting, it's horrendous. I've had to restart checkpoints more than once just to try and get things moving properly.

As well as that, I've had multiple crashes, the combat is like something from a cheap bargain bin title, with extremely jerky animations, random weapon switches, not being able to switch weapon and at times getting stuck in iron sights. At best, whenever it works, its simplicity is cathartic.

Eurgh, night and day from having just completed Shadow Warrior. I'm wondering if i would have been better just playing the original RotT.

My favorite thing about ROTT is how effectively the enemies blend into the background scenery, even while firing at you. They also hate moving, which amplifies the effect. They are like an army of invisible turrets.

bonesquad

Considering how some of the puzzles worked in Year Walk they kind of have to rework those puzzles for PC... cough/

I'm not a big horror fan but I really liked Year Walk (but I contend Device 6 is better:)

AHA-Lambda

Ooh, Divinity is up? :D

My favorite thing about ROTT is how effectively the enemies blend into the background scenery, even while firing at you. They also hate moving, which amplifies the effect. They are like an army of invisible turrets.

Yeah, the damage feedback is terrible, it's so hard to find enemies that shoot at you!!

Argh, I need to vent >_<

I think Early Access itself is not a bad idea, it just has an image/positioning problem.

I feel like it is presented as a "give us money now to buy this half-finished product" type of deal, while it actually should be positioned as "pre-order our game and get it on release, in the meantime you can play our development builds and tell us if you like it".

While technically the same, the second way of looking at is is much less misleading about what you actually get.

Myshkin

Anybody playing SpellForce 2? If yes, how's it?

It's been a few years, but as I recall...

If you played Spell Force 1, then SF2 is more of the same, but harder - there are difficulty levels though. I thought the campaigns were reasonably well written for both SF1&2. I don't recall details of the stories, but I enjoyed it while playing it. It's motivating enough. You will learn the controls quickly and I don't recall having any problems with units doing different things than I told them to or such.

If you are susceptible to carpal tunnel, you might have an issue. If you've played SF1 you already know about it. It's relatively minor, but I definitely felt something - nowhere near the effect from the constant right-click-and-drag operations of Colonization, but that was in a tier by itself. If you don't care about the challenge, then you can turn the difficulty down and take your time.

since when can you add specific amounts to your wallet? thats awesome

A couple of weeks, courtesy of Enhanced Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
since when can you add specific amounts to your wallet? thats awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom