• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was that the sale where the achievement list leaked before the sale and it had a bunch of achievements that didn't get used? I remember doing a bunch of shitty achievements that ended up not even counting for anything.

I'm not sure, but as per Wikia's Steam Treasure Hunt wiki, Shogun 2's Winter Sale achievement is Requiem of the Dead ("win a defensive siege battle with your daimyo during any winter turn").

Caerith

Was that the sale where the achievement list leaked before the sale and it had a bunch of achievements that didn't get used? I remember doing a bunch of shitty achievements that ended up not even counting for anything.

It was the 2011 Winter Sale that had a bunch of achievements that weren't used. Like, Psychonauts had one for burning stuff and one for playing on xmas day but only one of those counted toward the badge.

Gish key finally showed up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-C9A4E79BDF3FEC3E - Taken by bornlivedie

JaseC

Gish and chips*:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gish -- MB-B58D96999AEA53FB - Taken by C00kie M0nster

* There are no chips. :(

Mairu

I still have like 5 coupons and don't need any of the GTA games, oh well :/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

HOARD -- MB-74BF4A8783A74227 - Taken by skullmuffins
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-B10591EA9672BEF6 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Extras from HIBX

Gish and chips*:

* There are no chips. :(

image.gif

Thanks!

Anustart

Its the average percentage of achievements earned per game, not the percent of games you have completed from your library.

That makes more sense, as I was actually wondering how steam knew if I'd beaten a game or not. I came to the conclusion that devs just put in a completion flag. But % achievements is the more sensible way.

DukeBobby

Anor Londo done. Beat Ornstein and Smough on my third attempt.

I used 18 Estus Flasks and it took nearly 20 minutes, though. I spent most of the fight backing away.

*Phew* I need a break.

Levyne

Banned
I'm wading through Demons Souls and man, it feels great being able to retreat to the Nexus. Going to miss it when I start up Dark.

JaseC

As long as the gameplay is close enough to Max Payne I can struggle through the long cut scenes.

The forced cutscenes aren't too much of an issue your first time through but, understandably, for many people their unskippable nature gravely impacts replayability.

BigBoss

My wired 360 controller just died on me and I need a new controller, is the 360 controller still the best option for PC gaming or should I look at an Xbox One or PS4 controller as a good replacement?

Levyne

Banned
I still use the 360 controller just because it's plug and play with no issues with the adapter. Some people really seem to love the DS4, however. Apparently it's pretty easy to have the computer identify it as 360 pad so that it pretty much acts like a native controller but I don't know the details.

Oddly enough I haven't seen much about people using the XBO controller.

I still use the 360 controller just because it's plug and play with no issues with the adapter. Some people really seem to love the DS4, however. Apparently it's pretty easy to have the computer identify it as 360 pad so that it pretty much acts like a native controller but I don't know the details.

Oddly enough I haven't seen much about people using the XBO controller.

Is the XBone controller compatible with Windows now?

Coldsun

Banned
My wired 360 controller just died on me and I need a new controller, is the 360 controller still the best option for PC gaming or should I look at an Xbox One or PS4 controller as a good replacement?

The xbox 360 is still the better solution due to driver support.

JDHarbs

I recommend looking into the Logitech controllers. Had mine for over a year now and never go back to the 360 pad. They're compatible with more games, and cheaper than getting any Xbox or PlayStation pad.

Eternia

If you're fine with sticking with a 360 controller, go for it. Xbox One controllers shouldn't be an option since they don't have PC drivers yet. DS4 seemed well regarded in terms of usability and can be made usable on PCs with relative ease. The downside is that they may have certain quality issues (rubber on sticks wearing off alarmingly quick, buttons sticking).

As long as the gameplay is close enough to Max Payne I can struggle through the long cut scenes.

I enjoyed the cutscenes that I saw, so I don't think it'll be an issue. Other than that it is pretty pure Max Payne (for better or worse, depending on your point of view).

On a different note, Syder Arcade (one of the weekly sale games).

Low expectations going into it, but it isn't that bad. It is kind of Defender, kind of Resogunish (without the bits flying everywhere). It at least has a bit of challenge and the sound and music is decent enough.

Of particular note (besides being a bit buggy in menus) is the graphics options. I think there are like 15 different filters you can apply from EGA to Apple 2 to grey scale and so on.

A nice little touch that works well. Overall, not too bad.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I recommend looking into the Logitech controllers. Had mine for over a year now and never go back to the 360 pad. They're compatible with more games, and cheaper than getting any Xbox or PlayStation pad.

Last Logitech controller I used was trash. It was the F310 I think and the sticks had massive deadzones, ass triggers, and a bad dpad. Just saying.

bkw

Is the F310 d-pad better than the 360 controller at least? The 360 controller fits most my needs, but for some 2d platformers or fighting games, I kinda want a controller with a better d-pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom