• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Hmm. No V-Sync option for Syder Arcade. 300fps. GPU fan going nuts.

Set "Wait for Vertical Refresh" to "Always On" in CCC. Still 300fps.

Dr Dogg

Right then I guess we can add NG Sigma to the list of desirables then. Wouldn't be disappointed if DOA made it's way to Steam either.

Hmm. No V-Sync option for Syder Arcade. 300fps. GPU fan going nuts.

Set "Wait for Vertical Refresh" to "Always On" in CCC. Still 300fps.

You got Afterburner or Precision installed? Limit the frame rate.

Grief.exe

Tecmo Koei would rather give you the next big thing instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpzvGY24MuUl

wLkuUkO.gif

Going from the trailer, the frame drops in that gif are actually quite accurate.

I booted up Vanquish today while I was playing some ps3 games for a few minutes at a time......Oh fuck no. It's playable, but it's so damn blurry. Sega plz port to PC. ......Ugh, this and Bayonetta would be amazing in 60 fps.

Ugh, damn Sega will probably never do it.

Damn, bought a new set of rechargable batteries (again) and they are too thick for my 360 controller and won't fit.

Thank god I have those beautiful wired controllers.

rtcn63

I've been trying to play Path of Exile with my niece, but my older half-brother keeps walking past my room and singing about being in love with me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I tried Path of Exile but my witch its glitched from the get go no matter how much I try to redo her. So I gave up on Path of Exile.

mrgone

Damn, bought a new set of rechargable batteries (again) and they are too thick for my 360 controller and won't fit.

Thank god I have those beautiful wired controllers.

I had that problem with one of my controllers. Getting a 3rd party battery door/holder replacement through ebay for a buck solved it

Momentary

Banned
I really think if they just called it Yaiba instead of Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, it would have been accepted a little better. The dialogue is very juvenile too, but I'm liking that gameplay and artstyle AND this is a game by Comcept who I feel like are going to bring it home in the gameplay department.

If they don't pull through with this game, then Mighty No. 9 won't be bought by me since it will probably suck too.
I'll buy it at 75% off.

mrgone

I really think if they just called it Yaiba instead of Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, it would have been accepted a little better. The dialogue is very juvenile too, but I'm liking that gameplay and artstyle AND this is a game by Comcept who I feel like are going to bring it home in the gameplay department.

If they don't pull through with this game, then Mighty No. 9 won't be bought by me since it will probably suck too.
I'll buy it at 75% off.

Aw, Yaiba does look like potential gutter trash, but the Ninja Gaiden series isn't exactly the paragon of inoffensive dialogue and characters, either. Hopefully the gameplay will be alright (that Z mode looks interesting). I figure Inafune's much more in his element with Mighty No. 9, too, so it might be worth looking at them separately

Momentary

Banned
Aw, Yaiba does look like potential gutter trash, but the Ninja Gaiden series isn't exactly the paragon of inoffensive dialogue and characters, either. Hopefully the gameplay will be alright (that Z mode looks interesting). I figure Inafune's much more in his element with Mighty No. 9, too, so it might be worth looking at them separately

Well I've always liked games that people never really liked. This is giving me some Gungrave vibes in the art style department, so I gotta have it. I loved Gungrave.

That way seems kind of complicated. Directories, unpacking, etc. Not very comfortable messing around with files and stuff like that

Any other methods?

Download the latest version of DS3 tool. Plug in your PS3 controller, install to Windows, then with DS3 tool install the ps3 drivers. Then close DS3 because it sucks, and download BetterDS3. It works off the DS3 tool drivers, and it takes about 5 minutes to do this.

mrgone

Well I've always liked games that people never really liked. This is giving me some Gungrave vibes in the art style department, so I gotta have it. I loved Gungrave.

Gungrave was awesome! It was like the anime video game version of Desperados

Isn't Sigma really shitty? Christ it was years ago I played the demo in my PS3 but it felt a little off in the controls (plus the frame rate was rubbish). Looked great compared to the Xbox version though.

In terms of framerate? It was pretty solid. People just didn't like the gameplay changes that were made, for the most part.

I'll buy it at 75% off.

Calling it Ninja Gaiden Z and setting it in the Ninja Gaiden universe gives it some free publicity... so for a TECMO KOEI / Comcept game, it's smart because it's not just another game that can easily be glossed over -- it's going to get attention, whether it's good or bad. And the dialogue plays a part in that too -- makes it stand out, whether your'e a fan or a critic of it.

That said, I generally like things Inafune is infolved in, so I'm curious to see how this game pans out. It's not like he's only good at making Mega Man games... I've put over 175 hours into Soul Sacrifice. So hopefully this continues his streak of success, even if it's just for me. :p

It reminds me a little too much of borderlands. This is one of the bigger potential issues I might have with the game, outside of whatever my verdict on the gameplay is.

I generally tend to swing the opposite direction of the masses too... it seems rare that I agree with the general consensus on a lot of things. :)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
That way seems kind of complicated. Directories, unpacking, etc. Not very comfortable messing around with files and stuff like that

Any other methods?

That's the easiest method ever, you just click install basically
attachment.php

I've been trying to play Path of Exile with my niece, but my older half-brother keeps walking past my room and singing about being in love with me.

Pretty similar to the beginning of a lot of hentai movies.

Dr Dogg

Woo! Painkiller Hell and Damnation and Deadfall Adventures EVGA codes approved. That has to be the most free swag I've ever got with an Nvidia card, 6 games in total. Alright granted they're not all hits but hey it adds to the game count.

Woo! Painkiller Hell and Damnation and Deadfall Adventures EVGA codes approved. That has to be the most free swag I've ever got with an Nvidia card, 6 games in total. Alright granted they're not all hits but hey it adds to the game count.

How did you get 6?

I got 3 codes when I bought my 770 gtx... AO, AC4, SC:Blacklist.

Am I entitled to more?

Sorry for asking but this is the first time I see that. Is it better than DS3 Tool? >.>

Probably.
It's what I use and it's mostly good. Even works with DS4.

Dr Dogg

How did you get 6?

I got 3 codes when I bought my 770 gtx... AO, AC4, SC:Blacklist.

Am I entitled to more?.

If you bought an EVGA card you could be yes. You'll need to have registered your card with EVGA I think within 14 days of purchase (same requirements as the Step Up program) and a 770 should qualify providing it was a purchased in and around the end of October or later. The three other games EVGA themselves were offering are Rise of the Triad, Painkiller Hell and Damnation and Deadfall Adventures. Links to the pages with details and how to claim are bellow.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00764/
http://www.evga.com/articles/00801/
http://www.evga.com/articles/00802/

If you bought an EVGA card you could be yes. You'll need to have registered your card with EVGA I think within 14 days of purchase (same requirements as the Step Up program) and a 770 should qualify providing it was a purchased in and around the end of October or later. The three other games EVGA themselves were offering are Rise of the Triad, Painkiller Hell and Damnation and Deadfall Adventures. Links to the pages with details and how to claim are bellow.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00764/
http://www.evga.com/articles/00801/
http://www.evga.com/articles/00802/

Thanks, I'll check it out. There may be some giveaways in the future if so...

I managed to pair my controller but it doesnt work as a Xbox controller like I used it before. How do I set it to work like that again? >.> Im a newbie with this thing.

Check your "configure USB game controllers" menu to see what the controller is connected as.

I had a problem where I had paired my DS3 and DS4 but did not have the DS3 connected during the install process. Was your DS3 connected beforehand? Did your bluetooth dongle have it's drivers replaced automatically?

It was plugged during the install process. The Bluetooth dongle was replaced automatically.

Did you uninstall anything DS3 Tool installed first?
What does USB game controllers say is connected when you pair it?

Vazra

Check your "configure USB game controllers" menu to see what the controller is connected as.

I had a problem where I had paired my DS3 and DS4 but did not have the DS3 connected during the install process. Was your DS3 connected beforehand? Did your bluetooth dongle have it's drivers replaced automatically?

It was plugged during the install process. The Bluetooth dongle was replaced automatically.

Vazra

Working as a 360 controller now but no wireless >.> WTF

Host Address disconnected and it doesnt recognizes it for bluetooth anymore...

Lain

Looks like on the 23th there should be some good deals for certain Rockstar games, if you have a 5$ coupon:
1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99
MAX PAYNE 3 COMPLETE - $7.49
GTA TRILOGY + GTA IV - $10.99
LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99
GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,
Tony

Pakkidis

Hard Reset is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE THE SETTING. This is the first game on my new pc that is really pushing the settings. First time in a very long time that I have been blown away by the presentation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have the same achievement. I'm pretty sure it was a deal where you could download somebody else's save, hit "advance turn" or whatever and get the achievement, then exit and uninstall the game.

The Winter Sale achievement is a different achievement, though, which is the weird thing.

Joe Molotov

The Winter Sale achievement is a different achievement, though, which is the weird thing.

Was that the sale where the achievement list leaked before the sale and it had a bunch of achievements that didn't get used? I remember doing a bunch of shitty achievements that ended up not even counting for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom