• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Holy shit @ RE4, hopefully it'll be the irst of many other Capcom games on PC =)

BTW how's Blacklist on Steam performance-wise? Do I need o register to UPlay to play it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You must be new when dealing with FF fans. You touch their music, you pay the cost.

True enough, but it would have at least been nice to have the option:

Default: Orchestrated
Option: Original

The music from FF6 is some of Uematsu's best work, and this album proves that the game's music can translate really well into an orchestrated masterpiece.

It sounds like they 'solved' the music issue in Hitman: Contracts by removing all the music, ambient and speech from the game altogether...

Finding a file called STREAMS.WAV in the retail version and placing it in the Steam version folder will likely fix it.

IO is pushing an update to fix this. So non issue. :)

NotSelf

excited-baby.gif

if you have never played the game and some how haven't seen any spoilers yet, don't watch the video!

This is great news, although (IMO) 4 is where the series went downhill. Hopefully this means there is a glimmer that we can get the rest of the series on Steam (1-3 & Code: Veronica please)

Everything's amazing & nobodys everyone's happy.

We truly live in interesting times. I still have to finish the HD edition on console but if comes cheap during some sales who knows.

Jawmuncher

RE4 coming to PC is definitetly nice. Hopefully it'll bode well for 1,2, and 3 sometime in the future. Since those have PC ports already as well....not to mention maybe pave the way for Dino Crisis 1 and 2.

I won't be grabbing RE4 Day 1 though.
20 dollar price is meh for something I grabbed on both 360 and PS3 and won't be playing anytime soon. Will grab at 50% off easily though...Maybe 15 if GMG or someone has it on sale relatively soon.

Category G

Neo Member
RE4 coming to PC is definitetly nice. Hopefully it'll bode well for 1,2, and 3 sometime in the future. Since those have PC ports already as well....not to mention maybe pave the way for Dino Crisis 1 and 2.

I won't be grabbing RE4 Day 1 though.
20 dollar price is meh for something I grabbed on both 360 and PS3 and won't be playing anytime soon. Will grab at 50% off easily though...Maybe 15 if GMG or someone has it on sale relatively soon.

Dino Crisis on Steam needs to happen.

Also seems kind of overkill that Resi 4, Thief and Lords of Shadows 2 will all be out February 28th. D:

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bet CV is in the works since it doesn't rely on pre-rendered backgrounds.

I'm betting on this as well, and happy this is happening since they made the HD versions of RE4 and Code Veronica recently.

Which I'm happy about, I was actually thinking recently them not making improved Steam versions and PC ports for RE4 and Code Veronica was such a shame.

Now with that out of the way, time for be to continue my crackpot dreams of Capcom making proper Steam confident ports versions of the older games and Dino Crisis, as my even more far-fetched crackpot dream that they will one day bring the Clock Tower games and Haunting Ground to Steam as well, since they still own that IP.

yuraya

This is great news, although (IMO) 4 is where the series went downhill. Hopefully this means there is a glimmer that we can get the rest of the series on Steam (1-3 & Code: Veronica please)

Code: Veronica was probably my all time favorite RE classic. and sadly I think its the only RE game that never got a PC release :( RE4 was the last one I played and I remember not liking the game much at all so this news is kind of meh for me. It is great nevertheless for Capcom to give some some attention to PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Code: Veronica was probably my all time favorite RE classic. and sadly I think its the only RE game that never got a PC release :( RE4 was the last one I played and I remember not liking the game much at all so this news is kind of meh for me. It is great nevertheless for Capcom to give some some attention to PC.

RE0 never hit PC either.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Code: Veronica was probably my all time favorite RE classic. and sadly I think its the only one that never got a PC release :( RE4 was the last one I played and I remember not liking the game much at all so this news is kind of meh for me. It is great nevertheless for Capcom to give some some attention to PC.

It may come about as Capcom made along with the HD version of Resident Evil 4 and HD version of Code Veronica on consoles. So if they have an open source code that can be brought on 360 and PS3, they have one that can be brought to PC if they want too.

KarmaCow

I would definitely rebuy RE4 (if it was cheap enough) just to have it on PC.

And assuming it's not a re-release of the old PC version.

edit: just saw the reccomended specs, yikes :(

Backlogger

This has probably been discussed at some point, but has Valve/Steam ever considered having an Android Client and selling Android games through Steam? I've been looking at getting an Android handheld JXD, Wikipad 7, or the like and was thinking how awesome it would be to have a Steam client on it which could benefit from Steam Cloud, Trading Cards, etc.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This has probably been discussed at some point, but has Valve/Steam ever considered having an Android Client and selling Android games through Steam? I've been looking at getting an Android handheld JXD, Wikipad 7, or the like and was thinking how awesome it would be to have a Steam client on it which could benefit from Steam Cloud, Trading Cards, etc.

They do have a steam android client, but it's entirely for person to person chat and buying things on the storefront on the go.

Having a steam android marketplace would be pretty great.

They want to get on mobile eventually. Now if it would be through Android or SteamOS, not sure.

No idea but there is a steam app for android already. So they have a good part of the work done. However I'm not sure if I really want another app store. :\

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since the original PC port of RE4 is such a travesty I'm counting Capcom's re-release as a belated PC port. In other words, everyone buy it because more will come and maybe one day we'll get Wet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom