• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

However I'm not sure if I really want another app store. :\

It would really only be beneficial if there were some other Steam services attached to it like Trading Cards, multiplayer with Steam friends, Steam cloud saves.

Imagine the Android Humble Bundles being redeemable on Steam...

Oh, and more opportunities to increase your library count :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
History suggests that Capcom is unlikely to release the pre-purchase incentives (OST and art book) separately so if you're at all interested I'd snap up the game before release. RE6 is the exception but only because it later received a Complete Pack.

Are we saying that was a good port or bad?
My experience it worked just fine....though it didn't make the game any better.
Works awful, very lousy port, poorly optimized. My rig runs Battlefield 3 with no problems, and IMO is a much bigger demanding game than RE. And on RE I had to downscale the resolution to 720p so it didn't run like a powerpoint slideshow presentation.

NG28

Now we need DMC HD collection. Also what happened with that Bayonetta/Vanquish petition that was supposed to happen? Still in the works or did I miss it?

Jawmuncher

Works awful, very lousy port, poorly optimized. My rig runs Battlefield 3 with no problems, and IMO is a much bigger demanding game than RE. And on RE I had to downscale the resolution to 720p so it didn't run like a powerpoint slideshow presentation.

Do you have Nvidia or AMD?
Not excusing the port at all (it was decent) but I never had any experience like that.

Grief.exe

Now we need DMC HD collection. Also what happened with that Bayonetta/Vanquish petition that was supposed to happen? Still in the works or did I miss it?

Why? We already have the best DMC games. There are other Capcom games I would prefer.

Petition is still in the works.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I still need to beat Operation Raccoon City. I played with some friends on Steam and got to the point after you defeat Nemesis.

It's not the worst Resident Evil game I've played, but the second worst (worst for me sticks to Resident Evil Gun Survivor 2).

Its not even the fact it's a pure action-game, or the fact that the level design is kind of meh-ish. Its that the combat just doesn't feel fun or satisfying at all, it is literally boring shooting enemies, and there is barely any feeling to shooting things or getting shot. Everything else is meh, but this core thing makes the whole thing the worst thing a game can be for me, which is boring.

The only kind of fun things in the game for me is being stupid with friends, and its kind of cool seeing old Resident Evil locations and monsters being brought back. But once that novelty wears off, there's really nothing there I could consider enjoyable.

But still need to beat it, and I will, I'm even doing the fucking DLC quests eventually.

KarmaCow

I don't really want to go into a debate because I wasn't really serious anyway, but I'd like to hear your arguments... I thought the Wii controls kinda worked against the game's "feel" or "intentions" or whatever

The game has all the content missing in the GCN version that was added for the PS2 release and looks better than the PS2 version.

As for the controls, if you feel that the Wiimote controls break the game (which they kinda do) you can play with the GCN controller.

Dusk Golem

I don't really want to go into a debate because I wasn't really serious anyway, but I'd like to hear your arguments... I thought the Wii controls kinda worked against the game's "feel" or "intentions" or whatever

While I agree, you can use the Gamecube controller in the Wii version.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Acccent

The game has all the content missing in the GCN version that was added for the PS2 release and looks better than the PS2 version.

As for the controls, if you feel that the Wiimote controls break the game (which they kinda do) you can play with the GCN controller.

Oh I didn't know about the GC controller compatibility! Thanks for the clarification.

(but again I don't actually think the GC version is superior I don't care :p )

HoosTrax

Anyone here use a Wiimote as a controller on their PC? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I can get Windows to see it as a bluetooth device, but I don't know what to do from there. The Wiimote just blinks non-stop, so I assume the PC has to tell it to sync somehow?

All of the guides I've found talk about how to use it with Dolphin, and I'm not trying to use it for emulating something, I just was to use it as a controller.

Nvidia.
It's a 550M with 2GB. I know it's for a notebook, but still...

I have that same card with my laptop and A) no way youre playing BF3 mazed out and B) yeah, the game runs decently enough. Doesn't run as well as an UE3 game but it's perfectly playable and runs better than the console versions at the same res and with extras thrown on top. You might want to use MSI afterburner to overclock that card if you haven't already, too. It overclocks really well.

With "show all text at once" or skip button plz

Or at least a "turn off the fucking gibberish" option.
It sucks to have to turn off all sound effects because you are being driven insane by the gibberish voices for 40+ hours.

The Wii version is better in every way.

Does it allow for use of a GC controller? If not, then maybe you can get away with "almost every way".
Edit: It has controller support? Okay, you're right. :)

Why? We already have the best DMC games. There are other Capcom games I would prefer.

Because DMC is fucking awesome. That's why.
I'd rebuy DMC HD collection for that again.
Especially if they added in Steamworks.

Speaking of, I'm a bit sour on the RE4 port because I want Capcom to fix the PC games I already bought that will be broken because GFWL is a dying dumpster fire.

Dusk Golem

Wow that was unexpected, did the RE4HD was released for any consoles or is it something new?

I am guessing it's an updated version of the RE4HD released for consoles. It does have new things though, like it will be the first version to run at 60fps, they say they have redone a lot of the visual work and sharpening some old assets, it'll have all previous iterations content, and say it will include things like full-controller and mouse support, Steam Trading Cards, and Leaderboards.

Grief.exe

And we have all this thanks to Cerny/some MS guy putting x86 in new gen consoles.

It was probably related to Sega's financial report at the start of 2013. The other Japanese publishers woke up to the ridiculous revenue potential of the platform.

Some have western arms like Square Enix or Capcom, but the Japanese executives didn't care or didn't listen. I call that ignorance.

Could have been Namco's quarterly reports as well.

didamangi

So Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD is next on your list for PC release, right Capcom? Oh wait, maybe just after Dragon's Dogma.
please

NG28

Because I've heard nothing but terrible things about the DMC3 port, and I've never played the original.

Good to hear about the petition!

Anteater

Might actually replay RE4, I seriously have never replayed it again after beating it once or twice on GC, and I also did not think it was that great, I was young.

Dusk Golem

Might actually replay RE4, I seriously have never replayed it again after beating it once or twice on GC, and I also did not think it was that great, I was young.

The bright side is that if you haven't played it since Gamecube, there will be new content for you in Ada's Separate Way campaign you unlock after beating the game once, which includes new story, new areas, and a new boss.

I am guessing it's an updated version of the RE4HD released for consoles. It does have new things though, like it will be the first version to run at 60fps, they say they have redone a lot of the visual work and sharpening some old assets, it'll have all previous iterations content, and say it will include things like full-controller and mouse support, Steam Trading Cards, and Leaderboards.

Sounds awesome, lets hope this version is good!

Anteater

On bright side is that if you haven't played it since Gamecube, there will be new content for you in Ada's Seperate Way campaign you unlock after beating the game once, which includes new story, new areas, and a new boss.

yeah I've never played the Ada scenario, I might've watched it on youtube but I don't really remember the specifics so maybe not.

The main game is still fresh in my memory though for some reason :lol

I actually cared about the RE plot back in the days, good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom