• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow.
Guess I'm never playing American Nightmare.

By contrast, I really enjoyed it but then I really enjoyed the main game too. In fact I preferred AN to AW because there was less of the crappy story and annoying characters [I even somewhat liked AW himself in AN and his interactions with an NPC in AN were fun for me] but you didn't like the combat in AW [and I did] so wouldn't recommend it to you if you don't already have it. However, if you already own it then you could do worse than fire it up and see if it grabs you or not.

"telling porkies"... huh? must be some sort of Aussie phrase...
Context says it means "telling lies" but can you explain where the phrase comes from by chance?

Cockney rhyming slang i.e. porkie pies, lies. Not to be confused with 'trouble and strife', wife!

Resident Evil 4 comes to Steam with visual overhaul, 60fps and more

http://youtu.be/3waXAcZibpI

:eek: Added to wishlist so damn hard! :D I've completed this multiple times on Cube and especially on Wii so I won't get this at launch but as one of my all time favourite games and a stone cold classic, for me, this is so getting added to my library! :D

HNNNNG, I was in a tense XCOM moment and when I come back I get hit with a release title that will give me such a great nostalgia. This is amazing, I'm already listening the Saving game music in my head again. Resident Evil 4, oh my, this is great! :)

Save music theme for relaxation purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGPoLCY0xU

I see you completed it, well done :D. Glad you went back to it and enjoyed it so much.

I'm near completing my playthrough on Classic Difficulty which will be nice as it's been a bit of a tense slog! Although I just had a landed i.e. not crashed UFO mission with 19 enemies including a Sectopod, a Hyperdisc, 3 Heavy Floaters and a couple of Sectoid Commanders that was so satisfying and enjoyable. Once I had got my brave little boys and girls into position they mostly just came to be wiped out by my encamped squad. Using an assault and support to aggro them into action was required a few times but it was very considerate of them to run into my four other soldiers on overwatch really :D. The only drawback was that it was infeasible to try and stun an SC at the time but soon my pretty, soon :).

Funnily I hadn't been keeping too close an eye on my game count but I knew I was close to this number...

It's almost like it was meant to be!

Perfect! :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well as I just mentioned in the other thread...

I do hope they are doing well as it can only mean good things.

Yes, agreed on this. Though rethinking it, one reason they may be delaying talking about it is because Resident Evil 5 might also go through the process of having RE.Net support like RE6 and Revelations do.

Actually, will RE4 have RE.net support?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Daily Deal:
  • La-Mulana 90% off
Midweek Madness:
  • Hitman Franchise 80% off
  • Dawn of Fantasy 75% off

Dr Dogg

Resident Evil 4 up to 11 on the top sellers list already.

Yes, agreed on this. Though rethinking it, one reason they may be delaying talking about it is because Resident Evil 5 might also go through the process of having RE.Net support like RE6 and Revelations do.

Actually, will RE4 have RE.net support?

Hahaha I've just answered you in the other thread. I do hope 5 gets some love. RE.net support would be great and maybe, just maybe Lost in Nightmares? I can dream right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is that a pricing error? i just bought la-mulana for 1.49

I don't even know what it is

It's probably not a pricing error, as it was the same price during the Winter Sale. However, you just bought a damn fine game for next to nothing. :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is that a pricing error? i just bought la-mulana for 1.49

I don't even know what it is

It's a happy time. It's very hard, makes you think a lot. You'll either LOVE that, or hate it. When I say think a lot, I mean actually piecing together clues to find out things to do. Delightful music, too.

Anteater

It's probably not a pricing error, as it was the same price during the Winter Sale. However, you just bought a damn fine game for next to nothing. :)

no it was the same price as a daily/flash during winter sale

most likely trying to generate interest in the kickstarter for the sequel i imagine

ahh, that's a really huge discount! Guess I'll give it a try :D

It's a happy time. It's very hard, makes you think a lot. You'll either LOVE that, or hate it. When I say think a lot, I mean actually piecing together clues to find out things to do. Delightful music, too.

Interesting, I thought it would be just a straight forward action platformer

Dusk Golem

For anyone who didn't see it in the RE4 thread or my edit above, you can see Resident Evil 4 running at 60FPS with the trailer on the Steam Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

Resident Evil 4 up to 11 on the top sellers list already.

Hahaha I've just answered you in the other thread. I do hope 5 gets some love. RE.net support would be great and maybe, just maybe Lost in Nightmares? I can dream right?

That's fast, and it was actually me replying to you that made me think about it and then posted there, as I was going to mention that Resident Evil 5 actually may not be announced since maybe they might be thinking of ResidentEvil.Net support if they were going to update the game without GFWL and add the Gold Content (if this will happen), and then it hit me that Resident Evil 4 might have RE.Net support.

Actually, this leads me to be suspicious about something as RE.Net's semi-new encyclopedia section were adding Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica monsters to the monsters list recently...

Dusk Golem

That Sniper Challenge taunting me again.

4l6o.png

:3

I hate things like that too, hope it is available through some other method, I actually don't remember pre-ordering Hitman Absolution so no idea why I have it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That Sniper Challenge taunting me again.

You don't have Sniper Challenge? You must have activated the one and only Abolution sub that doesn't have it. :p

4l6o.png

:3

I hate things like that too, hope it is available through some other method, I actually don't remember pre-ordering Hitman Absolution so no idea why I have it.

Squeenix lied about it being pre-purchase-exclusive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting, I thought it would be just a straight forward action platformer

It's not so much the platforming that's challenging as it is working with clues and figuring out what a phrase somewhere MEANS. It's tough, but when you make a breakthrough (realizing something to the effect of "oh shit if I kneel in front of this statue a door opens!") and then there's a ton more stuff to mull over and figure out. It's neat. Don't go to a guide unless you hate this kind of stuff. Very rewarding game, but it's definitely not for everybody.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-95EA0188C6C4BB7D - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.

t1390328851z1.png
Bundle extra

louiedog

You don't have Sniper Challenge? You must have activated the one and only Abolution sub that doesn't have it. :p

My Absolution code didn't activate it either.

Hmmm, what are the odds that there's a pack with just games 1-3 and Sniper Challenge? Pretty high, right? Practically a sure thing?

jshackles

Yep

So much for the "professional edition".

The-Bean

Whoa, I won. Thank you so much. I've won quite a bit from you guys now and have only given away a few, I'll surely be giving some more games soon.

Here's a start. Haven't played it myself but you people seem to think it's okay:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

La-Mulana -- MB-A51CF076E87E6EBE - Taken by Snakethesniper. 7 entrants total.

t1390328942z1.png

The game is a gift in my inventory, the winner will receive a link to my Steam profile and I'll gift it when you add me.

eyeless

It probably holds up better than Hitman 2. That game has not aged well at all.
nah brah, hitman 2 is still excellent

codename 47 however i never even finished, no saving during a mission, you gotta be fucking kidding me, how to ruin your game with one decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom