• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha...nice try.
tumblr_mzddxlmEy81qi0854o3_500.gif

ibdzX3h8syNrQG.gif

:p I just thought it was funny. Not trying to prove you wrong. I do prefer the new face (mainly the eyes) to be honest although the CG face is probably the best. They'll probably tweak it further for Tomb Raider 2 to make it look like it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
She looks less like Sasha Grey and more like a realdoll. Not a good implication for the team.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
An unlockable "classic" Lara model would be brilliant, come to think of it. Think the GBA Max Payne model in Max Payne 3, only not quite as low-fi.

Caerith

i'll look into it, thanks

whats strange is the "gift" email i got (the thing that tipped me off) was the only game in the most recent humble i didn't redeem, however, i had gifted it to my friend last night, who succesfully redeemed it. it's still on his account. so im curious where this new "gift" came from. no odd charges, which is good because im assuming humble has none of my payment info

You should probably contact humble, too, and let them know it happened. Maybe they can prevent it happening to others.

kurahador

:p I just thought it was funny. Not trying to prove you wrong. I do prefer the new face (mainly the eyes) to be honest although the CG face is probably the best. They'll probably tweak it further for Tomb Raider 2 to make it look like it.

Yeah...sadly the gif you posted will definitely get tossed around on the internet until the end of time to indulge the "master race" prowess.

Sarcasm

Is there a way to download wikia / wiki pages for offline reading? I am going out for CNY and will be playing Don't Starve...its a wikia.

fantomena

Im so pissed at myself for pre-ordering Tomb Raider and BioInf. They are so cheap on the sales these days (TR for 3,99$ with coupon) that Im never gonna pe-order a game ever again*

*excludes HL3, TLG and Shenmue 3

FloatOn

there is nothing like getting hit with a ban for the first time that makes you appreciate your posting abilities. so many times I wanted to comment this past week and it was like "nope!, try again asshole"

I know this is just the internet and we are all strangers but goddamnit I <3 steamgaf.

that being said, it's friday. who's ready to party?

iasip_party_gif_by_ellidegg-d5a8btj.gif

oh and btw I beat Fallout 3 and I'll probably finish Guacamelee today. Take that backlog!

I may write up my thoughts on both of them later. I can't make any promises but I'll try not to get banned in the future guys.

Jawmuncher

The old face is obviously better. As some others have said it's more rounded. Which to me fits far better than whatever the hell is going on PS4/XBO. Regardless not even a definitive edition on PC will make me play that bore of a game again.

Im so pissed at myself for pre-ordering Tomb Raider and BioInf. They are so cheap on the sales these days (TR for 3,99$ with coupon) that Im never gonna pe-order a game ever again*

are you new to PC gaming?

If you pre-order and don't tend to play on day 0, that's on you.

louiedog

So what you're saying is there is no way you will ever pre-order a game again?

Couldn't agree more. almost every game i pre-ordered got absurdly cheap a month later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
there is nothing like getting hit with a ban for the first time that makes you appreciate your posting abilities. so many times I wanted to comment this past week and it was like "nope!, try again asshole"

I know this is just the internet and we are all strangers but goddamnit I <3 steamgaf.

oh and btw I beat Fallout 3 and I'll probably finish Guacamelee today. Take that backlog!

I may write up my thoughts on both of them later. I can't make any promises but I'll try not to get banned in the future guys.

Welcome back! It's Friday and I'm ready to party
as soon as I get home from work.

Fallout 3 is excellent (I know most people will disagree) and Guacamelee was really good too although the platforming elements got annoying at times.

Last night I finished another playthrough of Torchlight II, so now I'm on to either Frozen Hearth or Blackguards. Haven't decided which yet.

JakeD

You should probably contact humble, too, and let them know it happened. Maybe they can prevent it happening to others.

yeah did that, also added 2 step verification with my phone. the only mystery left is why i received a gift link email for a game that i had already redeemed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

iasip_party_gif_by_ellidegg-d5a8btj.gif

Welcome back! I spend so much time here on GAF that if I were to be banned again I don't know what I'd do with myself. Maybe I'd play through Black Flag once more to help pass the time...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, just saw that Steam now has a self-service refund option for pre-orders that haven't yet released.

MRORANGE

Just tried Home Streaming:

iyNqYNWwWKbOj.gif

I love it, played UT99 with instagib and ran like magic.

oh btw:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - _____________________________

Fill in the blank

Shit, didn't even know you were banned. Welcome back.

Will definitely be partying tonight...celebrating my recent promotion. woot woot

oh btw:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - _____________________________

Fill in the blank

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

too soon?

Oh and btw I beat Fallout 3 and I'll probably finish Guacamelee today. Take that backlog!

New get New Vegas and enjoy one of the best expansions ever made*

*(This post might contains trace amounts of opinions).

MRORANGE

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/219/2/a/iasip_party_gif_by_ellidegg-d5a8btj.gif[/MG]

oh and btw I beat [B]Fallout 3[/B] and I'll probably finish [B]Guacamelee[/B] today. Take that backlog!

I may write up my thoughts on both of them later. I can't make any promises but I'll try not to get banned in the future guys.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back! what was the ban for?

[quote="jshackles, post: 98315870"]Wow, just saw that Steam now has a self-service refund option for pre-orders that haven't yet released.[/QUOTE]

They must have been getting tired of having to refund games from customer sevices

FloatOn

Welcome back! It's Friday and I'm ready to party
as soon as I get home from work.

Fallout 3 is excellent (I know most people will disagree) and Guacamelee was really good too although the platforming elements got annoying at times.

Last night I finished another playthrough of Torchlight II, so now I'm on to either Frozen Hearth or Blackguards. Haven't decided which yet.

Thanks. I took a friend through Torchlight 2 who has no experience with a TDCLF (top down clicky loot fest) recently and had a really good time. Blackguards looks really interesting, let me know what you think. It is on my wishlist

Thanks WAIH

Welcome back. Coming off ban into the middle of a console vs PC Tomb Raider "definitive" edition discussion, though?

*does an image search for "extremely bad timing" from Pitch Black*

Thanks.

I care not for such things. I'm not sure why a game as bad as Tomb Raider '13 deserves a "definitive" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom