• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC's answer to everything.

Can't afford a decent dinner? Use that money to get a cheap new Steam game instead! The perfect excuse.

Haha, incidentally I did decide against ordering pizza tonight since I figured the $25 could be better spent elsewhere. ;)

Congrats! How many save files did it take you?

3 or 4, but I'm sure Uplay will see fit to wipe my saves at least one more time as I work my way through the two DLC campaigns.

Tenrius

Haha, incidentally I did decide against ordering pizza tonight since I figured the $25 could be better spent elsewhere. ;)

$25 for a single pizza? That's pretty steep. You can get some very decent (and huge) pizza for like $14 around here, $10 in some cases. No region lock too, haha.

Anyway, I still have to finish ACIV myself. It was really fun at first, especially since I'm crazy about all things pirate, but then I came to a point where I had done everything the game had to offer at least once and it all was all about repeating the same activities multiple times from there on out. Mostly lost interest at that point.

Oh lets check out the TR Definitive Comparisons thread....

O.O

new Lara looks creepy.

After ~200 hours, I've finally finished Black Flag (save for the DLC)!

But of course, it wouldn't be an Ubi game without a hilarious bug. After I skipped the end credits, the game spawned me at the very top of the game world:

I was free-falling for a good 20 or so seconds before I saw solid ground:

And I continued to fall for a further ~20 seconds before I hit it:

That's great. I always like the thought of 100% a Ubi game...but havn't been able to do it yet. Starting Far Cry 3 next week, maybe that'll be the one!

What games are the easiest to get all achievements?

The Walking Dead and To The Moon

JaseC

$25 for a single pizza? That's pretty steep. You can get some very decent (and huge) pizza for like $14 around here, $10 in some cases. No region lock too, haha.

Nah, not one. I was going to buy two and save one for tomorrow.

Anyway, I still have to finish ACIV myself. It was really fun at first, especially since I'm crazy about all things pirate, but then I came to a point where I had done everything the game had to offer at least once and it all was all about repeating the same activities multiple times from there on out. Mostly lost interest at that point.

Speaking of repeating activities, I just realised I still need to hack one more computer... but that can wait.

PriitV

In the walking dead there are 2 achievements that rely on choices/luck, both in 400 days DLC.
The one where you jump into the ditch to hide from a car and the rock-paper-scissors one.

JakeD

pretty sure my humble account was hacked. got a email saying my gift was ready. except it was for a game i already redeemed, clicked on the link, only to see my humble account was currently linked to this account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OneMoreCola/

changed my humble password and unlinked their account...anything else i should do?

mannerbot

Hack Slash Loot kinda sucks. I want to like it, the 8bit is oddly enjoyable, but the randomization makes it kinda frustrating.

I've heard nothing but bad things about that game ever since it first came out. It's the only game in the Humble weekly that I don't already own -- I think I own all of the proper roguelikes on Steam and a ton of the rogue-lites -- and I don't even want it lol.

JaseC

pretty sure my humble account was hacked. got a email saying my gift was ready. except it was for a game i already redeemed, clicked on the link, only to see my humble account was currently linked to this account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OneMoreCola/

changed my humble password and unlinked their account...anything else i should do?

I'd use the situation as an excuse to begin using a password manager. I'm partial to LastPass myself and generally use randomised 20-character passwords, inclusive of special characters (symbols and such), but KeePass and 1Password are two other popular alternatives.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hack Slash Loot kinda sucks. I want to like it, the 8bit is oddly enjoyable, but the randomization makes it kinda frustrating.
I can't play randomization games in general because they bore me. I've tried demos for both Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac and just got burned out on them. :\

Dr Dogg

I'd use the situation as an excuse to begin using a password manager. I'm partial to LastPass myself and generally use randomised 20-character passwords, inclusive of special characters (symbols and such), but KeePass and 1Password are two other popular alternatives

I don't think I'd be able to cope without LastPass and XMarks anymore. Did use 1Passowrd for a bit when I got it cheap on a Mac App Store deal but they keep on wanting a pound of flesh for every now and then for different versions where as LastPass is great even if you don't go premium.

JaseC

I don't think I'd be able to cope without LastPass and XMarks anymore. Did use 1Passowrd for a bit when I got it cheap on a Mac App Store deal but they keep on wanting a pound of flesh for every now and then for different versions where as LastPass is great even if you don't go premium.

The free version is perfect for desktop use but I'd say Premium is well worth the (small) cost if you browse on your mobile regularly -- LastPass' own browser isn't particularly good but the Dolphin plug-in works flawlessly. My subscription recently lapsed, however that's only because I switched my pre-paid mobile plan to one without any included data (a dumb move in retrospect).

Tizoc

Playing Portal 1 and I like it but am stuck at the first Turret Enemies chamber.
I hate those Turrets.
Does Portal 1 have cards by any chance?

Anustart

Lemme make sure here...

Currently playing dead space and loving it, dead space 2 is great as well and dead space 3 veers off into uncharted and bad terrain?

Ehh...not really. I like the new face.

5k0GXm.gif

louiedog

I'd use the situation as an excuse to begin using a password manager. I'm partial to LastPass myself and generally use randomised 20-character passwords, inclusive of special characters (symbols and such), but KeePass and 1Password are two other popular alternatives.

I second LastPass. The amount of time I spend thinking about passwords these days is low. Website gets hacked and they send out an email warning you of this? Login, change password (or close account), and live happily knowing the lost password won't help them break into your other accounts.

Also, for anyone who missed it a couple of days ago, it seems the reddit giveaway for GOG copies of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav still has codes and will be active for another couple of hours.

Anteater

Ehh...not really. I like the new face.

I like neither of them, lol, I like the CG Lara the best, but the skin shader and lighting with the new Lara is way better.

Kind of interested what the performance would be if they port this version to pc, most interested in the new tressFX interms of quality and performance

JakeD

i'll look into it, thanks

whats strange is the "gift" email i got (the thing that tipped me off) was the only game in the most recent humble i didn't redeem, however, i had gifted it to my friend last night, who succesfully redeemed it. it's still on his account. so im curious where this new "gift" came from. no odd charges, which is good because im assuming humble has none of my payment info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom