• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
ibjoFfxrJZYaxt.png
Papers, Please doesn't have to politely ask for the #5 spot.

The_Monk

I like Copon's quote. Copons if you are here you are now in my Cool-Book-of-Quotes. May your adventures in Dark Souls return soon.

Yeah, yeah. I'm on to you woo :p

Really? I didn't know you cared! Come here then big boy....

Starbound and Gone on is not higher?

The fuck SteamGAF?

commie

Haha, me too. I played around 30 minutes then quit kinda bored. I need a weekend with nothing to do and will try again sometime.

Me too; I just suddenly realised that I was doing all this crap and I just didn't give a fuck about any of it. It's in my 'meh' category i.e. I'll give all the games in here a proper go down the line when my backlog is miniscule and I have the time and patience to put up with whatever crap in them pissed me off.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Papers, Please at 5? It's easily one of my favourite games I can't actually play. In terms of making a player feel like their characters and having them create their own narrative, their own emotions for characters one never sees, it's truly special.

So help me God if Spelunky gets #1 for this GOTY.

That's the spirit, live up to your tag and own it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I've not had as much fun being completely stressed the fuck out in anything else besides Papers, Please. Awesome puzzle game tucked away behind some cold war era misery.

sprinkles

Now, if System Shock 2 and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed don't show up on this list, there will be blood to pay.
Ah, totally forgot about the Steam release of Shock 2. That would have been totally on my list of great games I played last year.

5 games down...5 games I haven't played and I pride myself on actually playing games :|

Finally Papers Please!

Come on:

4. Volgarr
3. Spelunky
2. Rogue Legacy
1. Don't Starve

Kovaelin

I played it. The controls were... extremely wonky, and the actual gameplay was rather limited. I admit it looked cool and I really wanted to believe in it, but... it didn't deliver at all.

Yeah, they were kind of wonky. I would have liked to see their improvements in future installments. Unfortunately, their team no longer exists. What a waste of the HydroEngine :(

The_Monk

I know it's saying much... but, can I just say, my good fellow GAFfers, that, I'm more hyped for this than the 2013 VGA's. Next year we need cam-reactions.

oipic

5 games down...5 games I haven't played and I pride myself on actually playing games :|

2014 is going to be wonderful, as we make our way through the games of 2013.

Perhaps a second category could be added next year - 2014's 2013 GOTY, for those still getting through their backlogs. Much of what I played during the past year was released in 2012.

maty

Haven't played any of the these games, can't wait to try them in 1-2 years time. Also, I'll never be able to vote since I rarely play new games. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom