• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

It just shows that GAF has especially good taste. I hope I won't regret saying this after I see the next votes.

You love a good guessing game, Wok: what do you think will be the first top 10 appearance to prompt a table flipping gif? Tomb Raider, perhaps?

Nabs

invMeIQetr4yy.gif

Tellaerin

We knew hardly any of the month long deals they had last year at the start of that sale. Why do people keep complaining about a promotion that has only started, that is still being put together as we speak, that has and will have shifting game selections and temporary discounts, and that has been run like this previously with great success?

Were the discounts and selection at the start of last year's sale this dire, too? (Honest question - I didn't buy anything through Amazon last year.) If last year's promo started out like this and improved later, I'd say you're right to tell people to be patient. But if not, I can understand them being disappointed right now - in general, these prices are a big step down from the Amazon sale we just came off of.

denx

Another game I haven't played. SR3 runs like crap on my laptop, so I assume the same applies to SR4 since it uses the same engine. :(

3 games down, 3 games I have not played. Off to a great start!

There are seven games off the top of my head that must be in the top 10...so since AC4 will probably be in there that means at least one of them is missing out.

I missed it on sale for the massive discount, but I couldn't help myself. I bought the Pixeljunk Eden ost for 6 bucks. Probably could have got it for a dollar a few days ago, but i missed it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
SR4 was fun but imo the only thing it did better than SR3 was the superpower travel. Everything else was pretty much exactly the same. Was a worthwhile purchase for another 8-10 hours of Volition's tactless humor... but top 10? Eeeeeehhhhhhh

sprinkles

How much did I miss if I completed it in ~90 minutes?
Probably not much, depends on how quickly you went through the rooms. I don't think it is possible to advance without finding all the voice over stuff.

Saints Row IV: great fun, a "pure" video-game popcorn-movie experience.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm a bit surprised by Saints Row IV. I understand the appeal, I'm a big fan of Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Crackdown and Prototype, but at the same time I recall hearing so many issues with the game in it's final state on top of the "it's an expansion" complaint going in. Nice to be surprised.

Also I'm fine with this interval speed. Waiting on a plane isn't very exciting anyroad, so this helps to pass the boredom more than an all at once.

Dr Dogg

Huh well that's a little... unexpected. Outside of release window I've heard little else about SR IV. Seamed to me to be more of the same Saints Row craziness mixed in with Crackdown.

kiguel182

Fez at 7 and I still haven't started the hard part of the game. I'll probably never finish it.

But, for what I played, it's an amazing game. Well deserved.

kulapik

The Steam GOTY ceremony is brought to you by Mountain Dew and Doritos my giveaway:
So, I have 5 euros burning on my Steam Wallet, so I wondered I would do a giveaway. But because I don't know what to giveaway, I'll let you decide!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19C...xrLoldqfl-i4U/viewform#start=publishanalytics

Introduce there your GAF username and the game you would want. If I can get it cheaper than 5€, I'll make a giveaway for it. It doesn't have to be on the Steam Store, I can trade keys for it so from russian traders or thanks to other websites might be cheaper.

I'll let this form 24 hours so y'all can answer it, and I'll try to do reminders.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I really must get around to playing more than the three minutes I spent making sure Fez worked well enough. It's just sitting there, waiting to be played back at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom