• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
It's been sitting on my wishlist for a couple of days now. I like the concept, and there's something about the visual style (clean, kind of stylized) that appeals to me. That, and Jeremy Soule's supposed to be doing the soundtrack.

Funny you should say that, they have an achievement for that.

MRVmNJI.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Fez was one of my surprises, I didn't think it was going to truly sweep me off my feet like it did with its combo of gorgeous art and borderline completely ambient chiptune soundtrack. The mid-game freakout and eventual spoilery reveals were also awesome and the callbacks to everything from Myst to Twin Peaks warmed my heart.

I am on team Phil Fish. Well earned, Fez me boy.

Flippin through my
Tetrimino/Language translation
notebook now, man that was fun.

Kovaelin

Holy shit, I still remember all these names from Enclave... and the music. The amazing music...
Also, the Steam version is basically DRM-free and can be run without Steam being active. Sadly, the windowed mode does bad things with the Z buffer.

That's kinda insulting to Remember me.
Hydrophobia Prophecy was pretty bad =p

Have you played it? So many people who haven't bash it, but the environments are pretty cool. It did a lot right. It might have been a little overambitious, but if it had Capcom backing it up, we could have gotten another Remember Me YEARS earlier.

Dr Dogg

Well deserved place for FEZ. Great game that really did have me thinking more than usual. Should come with a store page warning of needing a pen and paper.

sprinkles

I really must get around to playing more than the three minutes I spent making sure Fez worked well enough. It's just sitting there, waiting to be played back at home.
Haha, me too. I played around 30 minutes then quit kinda bored. I need a weekend with nothing to do and will try again sometime.

Grief.exe

If BioInf, BF4 or Tomb Raider get's the top spots...

klopp-rage.gif

The trainer/whatever is me, the football player is the GAFfers

Steam GAF tends to have an indie game lean, and BF4 is a complete mess on all levels.

BF4 is not really compelling in any aspect, the single player is considered trash and the multiplayer is merely fun without doing anything new or compelling.

denx

FEZ, another game I've backlogged when I probably shouldn't had. Have no idea when I'm going to get around to actually play it.

Now, if System Shock 2 and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed don't show up on this list, there will be blood to pay.

scarface1.gif

edit: I thought Dota would be higher. Still, good thing it is on this list, well deserved.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Dota 2 pulled me away from League and then eventually killed my desire to play any and all "MOBA"/Dota games altogether. For this, we thank our 6th place winner. You were my methadone this year babes <3

Nabs

Dota 2 killed my Steam friendslist. Dead.

This recent holiday sale helped pull them out of the vortex, but I don't know how long that'll last.

Jørdan

Fez is still in my backlog, I promise to dust it off sometime soon. Not crazy about platformers after an entire childhood with them yet from what I understand this isn't just another one.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know, I could still go back to Dota and easily play with bots offline or be with friends in a LAN party. So that's something that would make me go back if I ever can (I tried with Dota 2 and other MOBAs, not for me I guess).

Turfster

Have you played it? So many people who haven't bash it, but the environments are pretty cool. It did a lot right. It might have been a little overambitious, but if it had Capcom backing it up, we could have gotten another Remember Me YEARS earlier.

I played it. The controls were... extremely wonky, and the actual gameplay was rather limited. I admit it looked cool and I really wanted to believe in it, but... it didn't deliver at all.

Grief.exe

I can also confirm that Fez loads.

4 games down, 4 games I have not played.

Poor Todd, left out do far.

The only game I have played is Dota, but gone Home is first on my list.

Come on, a game which asks for the player to scan a QR code cannot be higher than Gone Home. Unless you are Deadpool, you don't break the fourth wall.

Fez came out well before gone home which probably helps a great deal.

People probably forgot Dota came out this year, since its release at this point is merely a formality.
I know I forgot to vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom