• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Fallout 3 getting GFWL removed?

10 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 0
10 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
10 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp22300\SteamKey
10 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
10 minutes ago Changed changenumber – 351679 › 365235

http://steamdb.info/app/22300/#section_history

Yep! Good fucking find chop

For those of you that do not know, GFWL cannot function unless you have a key to input. Removing the key from the registry entirely would not allow GFWL to function.
Not showing a key on start up is just icing on the cake.

DMC1= No PS2 or HD consoles now.
DMC3= Heard the PC port was crap.

Oh right... I think DMC3 PC port was eventually fixed but I might be wrong. Both are totally worth it through. Haven't played the HD versions but I spent around 500 hours on DMC3 vanilla alone and half of the on the Vergil edition

Hopefully Fallout 3 gets GFWL removed, I am playing FO2 right now and loving it.

jediyoshi

Of all the steam gfwl notices I've seen, this one takes the cake

A61zxNW.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unrelated: you jerk, I was totally going to gift you Ghostbusters after you proclaimed your love for it, but you went and beat me to it.
Karma can't catch up with you and reward you if you beat it to the punch. :p

hey man blame JaseC not me! I was a few euros short and trying to sell cards for it when he jumped the gun o_O

Ifrit

10 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp22300\SteamKey

Awesome, some good news to start the year

But did they really have to remove the previous games from digital services?

Newblade

Actually, you have to buy two games out of a selection for $1 minimum, so while it does work out at 50 cents for Driftmoon, it's also 50 cents for another game on top.

The best of the rest is probably Q.U.B.E., though Blood Of the werewolf is also worth a try for the Metroidvaniacs among us.

From now until the end you can buy just one game. So 1 game/0.50$ minimum.

Deques

Doing the first Bad Rats giveaway of the year, (I think)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Deques:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I think it's Bad Rats -- MB-2D2DD5992CE2722A - Taken by Dusk Golem. 12 entrants total.

t1388790474z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of all the steam gfwl notices I've seen, this one takes the cake

A61zxNW.png

Not to be the bearer of cynical news, but Scamco hasn't said a word, which is in contrast to GamersGate being told that it can't fulfil Fuel orders until Codemasters has finished updating the game. "Updating the game?", I hear you ask? Well, I wonder, just what calls for removal... ;) It's no secret that both Fuel and Dirt 2 have new apps in the registry.

Slyjss

Excellent game that turns quite..hmm.. shitty around half way through. I still loved it. PSA: Worst QTE's ever

Worst doesn't cover it. It was just pressing completely random buttons to survive, basically getting your attention from the game. Sometimes I was so focused on the Simon-like HUD that I couldn't even recall what had happened on-screen, missing important bits.

The first half is not that bad, but at some point it derails really hard and doesn't get back on track ever. David Cage really needs to learn how to close a story.

Grief.exe

DMC1= No PS2 or HD consoles now.
DMC3= Heard the PC port was crap.
Oh right... I think DMC3 PC port was eventually fixed but I might be wrong. Both are totally worth it through. Haven't played the HD versions but I spent around 500 hours on DMC3 vanilla alone and half of the on the Vergil edition

The DMC3 PC port is actually just fine. Install xpadder and a widescreen fix and it looks and runs great.

indigo-prophecy-cover722682.jpg

Do it Gaben, do it!

I haven't played it since the original xbox release and I would love to play it again.

Bought it on GOG during their Autumn sale.

AHA-Lambda

oh yes baby :D

now just gta 4 and dark souls.

I guess I'm a little late, but I got a pretty good haul from the steam sale.

Risk of Rain (my goty)
Rise of the Triad
STALKER: SHOC
Don't Starve
VVVVVV

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The DMC3 PC port is actually just fine. Install xpadder and a widescreen fix and it looks and runs great.

Yeah, it's an easy fix. And worth it, for such an amazing game.

Cook, Serve, Delicious reminds me of when I worked in a bagel shop. Bodo's. Every single day, we would have a line going out into the parking lot during our breakfast and lunch rushes. Between those, it was completely quiet.

Triggering my PTSD pretty hard.

hey man blame JaseC not me! I was a few euros short and trying to sell cards for it when he jumped the gun o_O

Well at least someone gifted it to you.
Good show, JaseC... Rhaknar deserved a treat after the generosity he showed to SteamGAF during the sales.

Huh, it doesn't have native controller support? I suppose I should really get off my ass and purchase xpadder or pinnacle one of these days...

I own it, but I haven't tried it on PC yet as I have the HD version on PS3 as well.
But considering the amount of combo videos that are on YT that seem to use the PC version, I should think it would be at least serviceable. Glad to hear you concur.

oh yes baby :D

now just gta 4 and dark souls.

I don't think GTA4 has it -- at least I could swear someone said that during the sales threads.
The Capcom games need help. And Bulletstorm too.

liezryou

I can't pick one, there were quite a few games that I enjoyed this year like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, The Swapper, Monaco, Super House of Dead Ninjas, PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate and Zeno Clash II.

To each his own, but i would take rogue legacy over just about all of those games.

mileS

Kind of lame they didn't extend the sale after being down for so freakin long yesterday. Oh well.

Alright then.. I guess I should start playing some of these games.

FauX

ANOTHER THREAD ALREADY?!!!

I just can't keep up with you guys... Btw, I cannot believe I survived Halloween sales, Thanksgiving sales and Christmas sales.

It's finally over! :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ANOTHER THREAD ALREADY?!!!

I just can't keep up with you guys... Btw, I cannot believe I survived Halloween sales, Thanksgiving sales and Christmas sales.

It's finally over! :D

until Martin Luther King Jr. Day Sale you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom