• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
new thread, here we go!

ModBot said:
Instructions for grindamasta:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blackguards Deluxe Edition -- MB-5BC063613F6170DF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 32 entrants total.

t1388791059z1.png

Radio

If you have a slow computer, I'd suggest you to play a day of CSD while Civ5 loads the next turn.
In this way you'll be able to achieve the not going out ever again.

CSD stresses me out way too much, and reminds me of actually working in restaurants. It's an entire game based around the things I used to screw up and get yelled at for.

Currently playing Ys I, so I've started with something relatively easy to finish : ) then Ys II after. Been enjoying it so far but then Ys I seems insanely short for an RPG

I'm glad the sale craziness is over. I have so many giveaways to do. Also, maybe now the Steam servers will be stable again.

/checks Steam

Nevermind.

Diedac

Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Clickr -- MB-0802C494CBE02073 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 13 entrants total.

t1388791463z1.png

I remember that game. And it was great at first and turned to shit.

First mystery then suddenly :
t74f941_aliens-meme.jpg

Edit: Mayans,Matrix-Like Fights and Necrophilic Sex Scene. Yeah the game goes full-retarded half-way trough.

The PS2 version was broken and would just crash and not let me progress to the point where the game goes down the shitter.

So the game saved me from itself and I had a jolly good time.

donny2112

Really like the idea of the 52 games in 2014 thread. Hopefully may even be able to cut the Steam backlog a good bit with some of that 52! Only added two games this past sale, but still love looking at the < $5 games on the big sales to pick some up. :)

Volimar

I've barely slept, my eyes are burning and bloodshot, and all I want to do is play more games...steamGAF I am truly one of you now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the Blackguards giveaways? not complaining, just 2 in a short time seems weirdly specific

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So there's definitely no way to get the Director's Cut of Deus Ex for $5 for having the vanilla game +dlc anymore?

Nabs

Currently playing Ys I, so I've started with something relatively easy to finish : ) then Ys II after. Been enjoying it so far but then Ys I seems insanely short for an RPG

Think of it as an intro to Ys II. It took me around 15 hours to complete both.

_hekk05

Banned
So hotline miami crashed on me for like the 6th consecutive time. Reinstalled and checked cache and everything. Using win 8. Any ideas?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Despite my best efforts, I can't seem to get To The Moon or any other game from Steam working. I know the standard procedure of deleting specific files, erradicating blobs like it's a Killer-B movie, but I think I'll just hold off until I get home and can play on my PC rather than deal with this laptop.

new thread, here we go!

Oh that looks like an amazing game. I'm surprised this is the first I've become aware of it. Thank you for doing a giveaway for that reason alone.

Hmmm can someone recommend me good mods for Just Cause 2?

Most go for the increased grapple range and speed mod. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Increased-Grapple-Range--and--Speed/

If you want a lot more combat in the sky, normal game is a bit sparse there and mostly just there to fly around in for the fun of flying around while these goes to the other extreme of making it often. Increased Air Traffic. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Air-Combat---iNcreasd-Air-Traffic/

If you just want more air traffic in general (civilian and military), http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/Increased-Air-Traffic-(Approx-20X)/
Goes well with the crazy civilian AI mod to make it absurd behaviour everywhere.

Once you've beaten the game, or for occasional just messing around normally before getting back to normal, the Superman flying mod. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Parachute/Superman-Flying-Mod-Version-4/

If you have a problem with the camera. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Miscellaneous/Completely-free-camera/

HD clouds. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/Map/Textures/HD-Improved-Clouds/

If you want a bubble fight. http://www.justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Bubble-Gun-Enemies./

ZeroCoin

So I think I suck at Rogue Legacy.

Just stick to a particular class that you like as best you can, scrape together some cash and get a few pieces of equipment and a double jump / dash rune, and then start working on the castle unlocks. I just finished unlocking the new class from the 1.2.0 patch on my humble store copy. Now to do it all again on my steam copy.

Kadin

So I finally found ONE downside to buying all Steam purchases as gifts in your inventory versus just adding them to your library directly: you have to able to ACCESS your inventory to then redeem and install them. And I haven't been able to do that since late last night / early this morning...

Zeliard

So I finally found ONE downside to buying all Steam purchases as gifts in your inventory versus just adding them to your library directly: you have to able to ACCESS your inventory to then redeem and install them. And I haven't been able to do that since late last night / early this morning...

Steam Community has also been completely down for me that whole time, and still is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey paypal, hey... fuck you. Give me my goddamn refund already >_<

Thorgal

Ah the the feel and smell of a new thread .

Also i might have missed this but did Steam got a DDOS attack ?

If yes hpw bad is it ?.

Rhaknar

This seems to have been going on for quite a while. What's the holdup?

no idea they havent said anything, but im still waiting. Hell Jasec was waiting like 10 days for a refund >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom