• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im getting an odd error with Just Cause 2 at the start.

Fatal Direct X Error
Code:3
DXGI_Error_Not_Found

Specs.
iZzERBPimu0ds.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys... this is going to be huge

rLjAvJa.png

Kadin

not giving me the option to change the default though

When you select another location in addition to the current one, the next time you install a game it should give you an option on which to install to. As to setting a different permanent default location, not sure you can do that.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Not to be the bearer of cynical news, but Scamco hasn't said a word, which is in contrast to GamersGate being told that it can't fulfil Fuel orders until Codemasters has finished updating the game. "Updating the game?", I hear you ask? Well, I wonder, just what calls for removal... ;) It's no secret that both Fuel and Dirt 2 have new apps in the registry.

I'm worried about FUELs update. Codemasters have a habit of just shutting down multiplayer for their games later on and the Free Ride mode in FUEL is fun to drive around in with friends. I'm betting they just shut the multiplayer part down and that would be a big shame IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
no idea they havent said anything, but im still waiting. Hell Jasec was waiting like 10 days for a refund >_>

Yeah, that was a bit ridiculous. PayPal refunds are the equivalent of devil deals. "We'll refund you... if you dare."

Im getting an odd error with Just Cause 2 at the start.

Fatal Direct X Error
Code:3
DXGI_Error_Not_Found

Specs.
iZzERBPimu0ds.png

Properties-> Launch Settings

Type in this (without the ") : "/dxadapter=0"

That should do the trick.

Edit: If you get some serious FPS Problems then the game runs on the wrong graphic card. But i dont know how to fix it sorry.

Just finished off Blood of the Werewolf and Castle of Illusion. Werewolf is alright. Not a bad little game but man..getting knocked around when getting hit drove me nuts in the later levels.

Castle of Illusion is just a sweet and charming remake. Its a remake done right. Looks and sounds great, Mickey looks great and I just had a smile on my face when playing it. If you are a fan of the original Genesis game then by all means by the remake. You won't be disappointed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Would not be possible without the amazing work of 7heo on Github. It's totally not ready for primetime, but it's definitely getting closer.

Did Valve ever get back to you on their thoughts about injecting ES in the client? :p

Nope, but moving forward anyway.
Of course, this sort of mentality is probably why they don't want to hire me.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I discovered something last night about a game that I've played for a few hours and tried to start on now four separate occasions, to a total of 5 hours played.

I might really like Dark Souls.

Is there a support group for this affliction?

Grief.exe

Guys... this is going to be huge

rLjAvJa.png

How did you implement this Jshacks?

I discovered something last night about a game that I've played for a few hours and tried to start on now four separate occasions, to a total of 5 hours played.

Ya, SteamGAF. We are always here.

Took about 3-5 hours for Dark Souls to really click for me initially, then I was fucking hooked for the next 150.

Thorgal

Sorry, but what am I suppose to see here?

WHAT!? IS THAT THE CLIENT!? HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh at first i did not get it as i was looking for something that would be rage worthy .

Then i thought : is he talking about the high prices for Assassins creed ?

Then i realized it was a screenshot of the client running ES.

Now i feel dumb .

jshackles

How did you implement this Jshacks?

there is a local nginx reverse proxy running that intercepts the Steam web traffic and injects the appropriate javascript. It's not just working on the client, but in any browser, including internet explorer.

It's basically a local man-in-the-middle attack. Except the "man" is you.

If you're having social club problems, try logging on to RSG on Rockstar's site and changing your password/country. It worked for me, but I had to do it each time I started the game.

i'm getting the 'Could not contact the key server' error message, it worked fine until I bought the Max Payne 3 complete edition or whatever it was called in the Steam sale.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Amazing work there jshackles, I can't wait.

You're in it. Welcome to the group. Praise the sun.

Giran

Would not be possible without the amazing work of 7heo on Github. It's totally not ready for primetime, but it's definitely getting closer.

Nope, but moving forward anyway.
Of course, this sort of mentality is probably why they don't want to hire me.

If you figure out a way to assign multiple tags or categories to games, you'll be my hero.

Thorgal

there is a local nginx reverse proxy running that intercepts the Steam web traffic and injects the appropriate javascript. It's not just working on the client, but in any browser, including internet explorer.

It's basically a local man-in-the-middle attack. Except the "man" is you.

So for this to work do you need to install something in the Steam folder or is it just the same as the extension ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom