• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well, posts like this certainly don't help change that mentality.

That thread is going to be a mess come next week.

The only reason there's a divide is that the Dark Souls games are very much about discovery and the people who played the console versions have played the shit out of it already and discovered things together and had a blast/chatted about it. The mods aren't to blame for that, Namco Bandai is whether or not it's due to greed or due to just letting the PC version have a bit more time to develop.

It sort of reminds me when you're watching a film with a friend who's watching it for the first time but you've already seen it so you aren't really watching an 'awesome' film and discovering it together. Terrible analogy I know but it's the best I've got!

I'll probably stay out of the OT altogether and just maybe make the odd post here about it. No biggie! I just want the fuckin game already :p

MUnited83

For you.
I should be able to host a Tabletop Sim four-pack for $4.78 per head. If you're interested please quote this post rather than PMing me so it's obvious when the three spare slots have been filled. In the event that I'm wrong -- though I shouldn't be -- I'll pay the difference.

Still need one for a friend and you obviously can get it cheaper than I do, so I'm interested!

Levyne

Banned
I know "spoiler culture" is annoying to some but I still feel like a separate thread does no harm..I don't want to contribute further into making this a dumping thread for whining though so I'm going to just let what happens happen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Which ones are you talking about?

Uprising 44
Questrun
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf
Always Remember Me
Beware Planet Earth

and there was another from a indieroyale like Beware planet earth but I forget which one

impact

Banned
Give us smooth! Give us silky!

PC gamers deserve a 100% spoiler free run as well. :-/

I'm with you man, even though I know both of us have beat the game, it's still bullshit.

People are spoiling bosses from the
Pilgrims of Dark covenant
on the latest page in the OT. Fuck that noise.

Garcia

I'm with you man, even though I know both of us have beat the game, it's still bullshit.

People are spoiling bosses from the
Pilgrims of Dark covenant
on the latest page in the OT. Fuck that noise.

I just saw that. Definitely not cool at all. They're also currently spoiling end game bosses in the other thread... :-|

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
We've had non-spoiler threads before though haven't we? I realise that those are typically for story, but if there is enough interest and demand wouldn't that be the trick?

Uprising 44
Questrun
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf
Always Remember Me
Beware Planet Earth

and there was another from a indieroyale like Beware planet earth but I forget which one

Come to think of it, I seem to recall that Aveyond game being in a recent bundle but I went back to look and can't find anything about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
making half drunk statements about vidyagames is always fun :p

but really i hated the old aperture section... it bored me to death :p

(this is my half hangover statement btw)

OzLxtmW.png

Feels good man.

MUnited83

For you.
Great... I had to clean my cookies recently and now I cant use my browsers to accept trade offers for 7 days. And trade offers on my client are completely broken since more than a month ago and it seems impossible to get it working.

Dr Dogg

It did go on a bit but come on "when life gives you lemons you make lemonade" and J. Jonah Jameson's subsequent retraction made that whole segment somewhat worthwhile

Edit: I mean come on

"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade!
Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons; what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!'"

Anteater

Portal 2 felt kind of slow and dragged on for a while

but maybe I was just too stupid so it took me a while to beat it :p

aku:jiki

Seeing TB's Trials Fusion video... I'm going to have to finally install uPlay.

Great... I had to clean my cookies recently and now I cant use my browsers to accept trade offers for 7 days. And trade offers on my client are completely broken since more than a month ago and it seems impossible to get it working.
I was hit with the same thing today... I don't even understand why that restriction exists! I verified myself on this machine, why does there need to be more restrictions than that?

Marvel Heroes, but that's because I'm not much for MMOs but I do love Diablo clones.

You should ask Zack Snyder to play with you!

Marvel Heroes had a pretty rocky launch but has improved massively, from what I hear. I never really dived too deep into it. The GAF OT for Marvel Heroes is pretty active, you could make some pals there.

D'oh, forgot to write about it in that post :p

I enjoyed my time with it. Never felt the need to spend any cash. It still gets large updates(there's a Wonder Woman focused DLC coming out this year) and it supposedly still has a strong playerbase, so it's not a bad choice, especially if you're a fan of DC. You can easily play it solo, I did most of the time.

Oh, and it has Mark Hamill voicing the Joker!

DCUO is definitely solo-able. There are missions that are instance-based, and usually match-make you with other people queuing for them, which is pretty cool.

I played it super, super casually on the PS3 a while back. It's fairly simplistic compared to other MMOs, but it supports a laidback approach to the game. It wasn't terrible.

Also, note to anyone with a Gamefly subscription: they've changed the way your semi-annual $5 in your account works. It only applies to "Used Goods" now, where it used to be able to be used on PC Downloads. There goes my hopes of scoring Broforce for $6.99. I said screw it and picked it up for $11.99 anyway.

So it turned out that superspeed in DCUO is extremely cool from the look of it. I'm sold, I'm fucking sold. Wish me luck having fun playing DC Universe Online. Mahvel can wait another day.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've been having some problems with "Poker Night at the Inventory". The game starts fine but once I get into a game I can't click on anything, even when I pause the game I can't click on anything. Any ideas?

Just getting it out of the way, have you tried to verify the game cache?

If you have and have the same issue, are you attempting to play the game while you have a gamepad connected? If so, disconnect the gamepad (especially if you are on WIndows 8) and then try to play it.

If it's not a gamepad and you don't mind losing whatever saves you have, you can delete the save files in the game directory. For some reason that can be corrupted and cause issues which are fixed when removed and the game creates a new save file.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For the new page:

I should be able to host a Tabletop Sim four-pack for $4.78 per head. If you're interested please quote this post rather than PMing me so it's obvious when the three spare slots have been filled. In the event that I'm wrong -- though I shouldn't be -- I'll pay the difference.

Need one more like-minded person.

Awesome. I won Amnesia: Dark Descent. Thanks based Hanzou, time to soil myself!

RIP to the Dark Souls thread :(

Oh, it's be reopened? Nevermind then lol

ArjanN

This thread moves too fast.

If you have some sort of controller plugged in try unplugging it before you start the game. Also, check the Steam forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem, it's one of the few things the Steam forums are actually good for.

zkylon

zkylewd
It did go on a bit but come on "when life gives you lemons you make lemonade" and J. Jonah Jameson's subsequent retraction made that whole segment somewhat worthwhile

for me it just tried too hard

too noisy and too "jokey". i dunno, i chuckled at a couple of cave johnson's lines but it was like a million of em lol

plus the ameplay itself on that section was very ehhh

i kinda like the white blobbies but that's about it

Portal 2 felt kind of slow and dragged on for a while

but maybe I was just too stupid so it took me a while to beat it :p
nah, it totally drags on

BigBoss

Just getting it out of the way, have you tried to verify the game cache?

If you have and have the same issue, are you attempting to play the game while you have a gamepad connected? If so, disconnect the gamepad (especially if you are on WIndows 8) and then try to play it.

If it's not a gamepad and you don't mind losing whatever saves you have, you can delete the save files in the game directory. For some reason that can be corrupted and cause issues which are fixed when removed and the game creates a new save file.

Did all 3 and I still get the same problem, I even restarted my pc with the gamepad disconnected and it did nothing.

If you have some sort of controller plugged in try unplugging it before you start the game. Also, check the Steam forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem, it's one of the few things the Steam forums are actually good for.

I checked the Steam forums going back 15 pages and there wasn't any problems similar to mine, most people can't get the game to launch.

aku:jiki

Huh, I went to check out the Legend of Dungeon dev's next project and it's... A "single server, persistent world, online action RPG" that only 8 people can play at a given time and if you die, you completely die and never get to play the game again. On top of that, they expect the game to be a spectator sport where the viewers of the stream actually get to decide how to distribute skill points and loot the players earn.

It's kind of cool but I don't think I've ever heard a game idea more destined for failure.

jediyoshi

Mmm, just realized I had a copy of Mafia in my inventory and that it was removed from Steam. Not even any offers with hard prices on the outpost to sell it against. Hope I can cash this out.

Caerith

Finally 100%'d CSD. Hardest achievement was "15k Customers Served," but NG+ and extreme difficulty made it fly by when serving 200+ customers a day. I even reached the top of the leaderboards for a few minutes with my 296 perfect combo. I could probably break 300 if I had some coffee, but it's not worth fighting for when the top spot is held by a cheater (362 combo in normal mode when you don't even have a 5-star restaurant, really?).

The whole single player campaign was about as engaging as the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Nzyme32

Mmm, just realized I had a copy of Mafia in my inventory and that it was removed from Steam. Not even any offers with hard prices on the outpost to sell it against. Hope I can cash this out.

Why did Mafia 1 get taken down but Mafia 2 remains? Publisher issue? Also, love Mafia 1, great game

Pachimari

I would like to be one of the four.

Dr Dogg

too noisy and too "jokey". i dunno, i chuckled at a couple of cave johnson's lines but it was like a million of em lol

nah, it totally drags on

Pacing wise yes it does bog down a bit and Johnson is a different slant to Wheatley for narration. The blobs did add something extra to the gameplay but it did stretch out into what seamed like an overly long tutorial sequence. Still miles better than anything Quantum Conundrum did. Hah take that Kim Swift!

Someone posted in here the other week or so asking about the first Mafia.

The whole single player campaign was about as engaging as the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Never went on that so no idea if that's bad or reeaally bad. Though as a point of reference I went on the It's A Small World ride and that Michael Jackson "thing". Kind of felt like I was being indoctrinated.

How long should I expect to wait before getting a response from Steam support about my Stormrise appID? It's going on a couple days now that I've had the ticket open and there's not been any update that I've noticed so far...

DocSeuss

nah, it totally drags on

Yup. Portal 2's puzzles are nowhere near as good as Portal's, and consist of an awful lot of "find the pixel" rather than figuring out how to solve a puzzle. Unlike Portal, I kept trying to overthink Portal 2's puzzles. It had a few great ones, but mostly not.

And it's so slow.

I think it's worth noting that a lot of Portal 2 discussion died down really quick after people beat the game. It only really got brought up if you asked "what's a great game?" or something. But as for talking about playing it, that died fast.

Something happened to Valve post L4D. It's like suddenly everything HAD to have memorable characters. Portal 2 and L4D2's characters try so hard to become fanart.

Pachimari

I were the one asking about Mafia. Actually, I have been asking for it since starting on Steam heh. :D

The one guy who had it up for sale happens to only have 1 copy left, so of course he would like to wait and sell it for more in the future.

Later this year, I might also be willing to up to $150 for a copy of Mafia 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom