• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Whale bait?

*cant contain his inherent german love for boardgames and settlers*

I mean, it looks kinda nice... even expansions and stuff... hm

*clicks download*

edit: aaaahh, the expansions are in app transactions... meh

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This would be great! Now I'm sad that I can't play this on PC. I guess I haven't tried either on an emulator though.
Lost Kingdoms Cards Showcase

I can't boot Nier, it says there's an error regarding the Steam ap.
I verified my cache and there was nothing wrong.

Ive had issues like this and the game was running on the background processes and even when closing it up wouldnt launch it. Restarting the computer helps.

Ban Puncher

Yup with Sigma as dlc character.

More like Smegma ayyyyyyyyy 8====D~~~~
xuaa0KB.gif

Parsnip

New Nvidia drivers out today, version 381.89.

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Heroes of the Storm 2.0, Batman: Arkham VR, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, and Wilson's Heart.

Anteater

haven't updated my drivers for a while, every game runs fine on my end while people have a bunch of issues with them so I'm thinking I have the magical driver, gonna keep it

Nabs

haven't updated my drivers for a while, every game runs fine on my end while people have a bunch of issues with them so I'm thinking I have the magical driver, gonna keep it

If you're on W10, you may want to check 'Add or Remove Programs' to see if Windows automatically updated you to 376.53. I'm on a pretty old card and my magical driver is from August. Microsoft just won't let me prosper.

Anteater

If you're on W10, you may want to check 'Add or Remove Programs' to see if Windows automatically updated you to 376.53. I'm on a pretty old card and my magical driver is from August. Microsoft just won't let me prosper.

haha i'm still on win 7, they're not taking my magical driver away!

Parsnip

Installed Alice Madness Returns yesterday, according to my screenshot dates it's been over 3 years since I started it. I suppose it's time I finished it.

Tizoc

Installed Alice Madness Returns yesterday, according to my screenshot dates it's been over 3 years since I started it. I suppose it's time I finished it.
Take it slow
Play it 1-2 hours each day at least and have another game to play thru to act as a breather from play alice md
Pref a pnc game

data

How far away do you guys think that technology to make a gpd win-like PC that can play current gen games (souls series, fallout 4, resident evil 7, etc) at 720p@30FPS is? And will someone even make such device?

Hasn't Intel stopped making Atom CPUs?

MUnited83

For you.
How far away do you guys think that technology to make a gpd win-like PC that can play current gen games (souls series, fallout 4, resident evil 7, etc) at 720p@30FPS is? And will someone even make such device?
Well if you are willing to compromise, Fallout 4 and Resident Evil 7 are already playable if you spend some time customising it. Dark Souls 2 plays fine at 720p30fps. As for playing them at better fidelity, it might take a while. Intel no longer makes new x86 mobile chips. There are a couple of chips out there that could be a pretty good upgrade but they are currently too expensive.

I want to buy Outlast 2 and Edith, but fuck, I need to get done with Nioh and Nier.

Same here. I'm in full summer sale mode now, I just have too many games to get through (gotta finish persona 5, route C and D of Nier, Nioh, Tales of Berseria, some later parts of Yakuza 0).
The only thing that would make me budge is vanquish

Ludens

Banned
I can't get into Nier. The prologue was ok, but the game dumped me in a wasteland with invisible walls everywhere, I did two sides for two merchants, but I can't feel the game. Does it get better?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't get into Nier. The prologue was ok, but the game dumped me in a wasteland with invisible walls everywhere, I did two sides for two merchants, but I can't feel the game. Does it get better?

I loved the game and never had issues with the invisible walls really. If after a few hours of playing you are not feeling it drop it and try at another time. Sometimes it might have to do with the mood and what you're looking for.

Ludens

Banned
I loved the game and never had issues with the invisible walls really. If after a few hours of playing you are not feeling it drop it and try at another time. Sometimes it might have to do with the mood and what you're looking for.

Also I have a problem with subtitles, they are white, and often there's a white background, so I'm not able to properly read them. Yeah, there's still the audio, but often I'm speaking with someone on the phone or whatever so I miss what is going on.

ArjanN

Yes. You can also just mainline the main story as you can always do the side stuff later as nothing is really missable.

Lomax

Maybe I'm weird but I never update my video driver until I have issues. I so rarely play any new releases that having the bleeding edge drivers rarely seems useful and weird bugs happen often enough that I don't see it being worth the risk.

Phinor

That's a slap on the wrist at most. Me though, I'm not enjoying Bayonetta and I struggle to get into Persona 5. Actually that was yesterday, today it's worse than that because I uninstalled Bayonetta and sold my copy of Persona 5. I better not say what replaced both games (but it's World of Warcraft).

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm on the latest W10 version with the latest drivers and have no issues.

It's almost as if anecdotal evidence is fucking useless.
Maybe it's time to look into factual evidence instead.

Open Issues in Version 381.89 WHQL
Windows 10 Issues
 [GeForce Experience]: Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a
driver overinstall.
To workaround, perform a clean installation.
 [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][Battlefield 1 XP1]: With SLI enabled, corruption appears in
the game when switching between full-screen and windowed mode. [1889162]
 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Mass Effect: Andromeda]: Random memory errors may occur
when playing the game. [1887520]
 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Sid Meirie's Civilization VI][G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12]: Black
corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene.
[200283322]
 [GeForce GTX Titan X][Ansel][Ghost Recon Wild lands]: With FXAA enabled from the
NVIDIA Control Panel, the application crashes when enabling the in-game Ansel UI.
[200283194]
 Error code 43 appears in the Device Manager after installing the driver with HDMI
display connected. [200283276]
 [Pascal][Notebook]: The display remains blank while over installing the driver,
requiring a reboot. [200273603]
 [GM204, Tom Clancy's The Division Survival DLC] Game crashes, pointing to
ntdll.dll when changed to full-screen and to windowed full-screen. [200252894]
 [GM204, ShadowPlay] For Honor silently may crash if the intro video is skipped while
instant replay is on. [200247313]
 [SLI] [GeForce GTX 970M] Level loading may hang in Gears of War 4. [1826307]
 [367.77, WDDM 2.1] Driver install/overinstall requires a reboot. [1757931]
 [SLI, GP104] Installer prompts for a reboot during express overinstall of 372.69 driver
on 372.54. [200231806]
Release 381 Graphics Drivers for Windows, Version 381.89 RN-08399-381.89v01 | 3
Open Issues in Version 381.89 WHQL
 [GM204] Quantum Break window either remains blank or freezes in game scene in
windowed mode. [1804910]
 Surround Display icon disappears after rotate mode is set to portrait. [200201040]
 [SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is
played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]
 [Luxmark 3.0] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall
HDR (Simple Bechmark:217K triangles). [200153736]
 [347.09, GM204] Blank screen observed on an ASUS Tiled display when system
resumes from shutdown or hibernation with Fast boot option enabled from BIOS.
[1591053]
Windows 8.1/Windows 8 Issues
 [3DVision] While a stereoscopic 3D video with stereoscopic 3D enabled is played, the
monitor refresh rate switches to 60 Hz after changing the resolution using the
Windows control panel. [1314811]
 [Video, Notebook] The NVIDIA Control Panel video color settings have no effect on
YouTube flash video playback within Internet Explorer 10. [999485]
Windows 7 Issues
 [GeForce GTX 1080] Battlefield 1 hangs when campaign loaded with Fast Sync
enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200254350]
 [SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is
played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]
 [3DVision] While a stereoscopic 3D video with stereoscopic 3D enabled is played, the
monitor refresh rate switches to 60 Hz after changing the resolution using the
Windows control panel. [1314811]

Arthea

That's a slap on the wrist at most. Me though, I'm not enjoying Bayonetta and I struggle to get into Persona 5. Actually that was yesterday, today it's worse than that because I uninstalled Bayonetta and sold my copy of Persona 5. I better not say what replaced both games (but it's World of Warcraft).

oh c'mon now
that just means you are addicted to WoW and has nothing to do with any other games, you know it's true

Dunno why but I can't stop listening to "Don't Look Back in Anger".

I need to beat Bayonetta and make some more progress in Yooka Laylee, but school sucks and so does the pressure to find a new apartment.

Tonton

Not exactly Steam, but is the Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition on Origin just multiplayer stuff? I have some interest in the game but only for the campaign

Tokubetsu

are there any kind of deals on steam controllers out there? and does it work with non-steam games?
Not exactly Steam, but is the Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition on Origin just multiplayer stuff? I have some interest in the game but only for the campaign

yes its just mp stuff

I have Puyo Pop Tetris coming for the PS4. I still wish there was a PC release for the game for those unfortunately stuck with Ubisoft's Tetris game.

xezuru

I hope Strider is more MvC2 or at the very least 3 then MvC1, MvCI does seem like it's going more towards MvC1 design unfortunately.

data

So Puyo Puyo Tetris was developed by the Sonic Team... I can't imagine why Sega wouldn't put this on PC. Maybe Sega Japan wants to protect the Puyo Puyo brand from us filthy PC gamers?

The game has no digital release on PS4 even though it has one on Switch, it's really bizarre

lol, what. I thought it was a requirement for all PS4 games to have a digital release. So weird.
The Tetris Company licensing is the only thing I can think of. They struck a deal with Ubisoft for the Tetris license to be distributed digitally on current gen consoles. Switch wasn't officially announced at the time so that's why there is a digital version of the game. However only a physical retail copy for the PS4.
wow, if it really is Tetris company preventing it there will never be a PC version unless Sega licenses it again and bargains for digital releases. Damnit.

It's so weird why Sega has to abide by that rule but the Ubisoft Tetris game didn't.

Tonton

So Puyo Puyo Tetris was developed by the Sonic Team... I can't imagine why Sega wouldn't put this on PC. Maybe Sega Japan wants to protect the Puyo Puyo brand from us filthy PC gamers?

The game has no digital release on PS4 even though it has one on Switch, it's really bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom