• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Puyo Puyo Tetris was developed by the Sonic Team... I can't imagine why Sega wouldn't put this on PC. Maybe Sega Japan wants to protect the Puyo Puyo brand from us filthy PC gamers?

The Tetris Company licensing is the only thing I can think of. They struck a deal with Ubisoft for the Tetris license to be distributed digitally on current gen consoles and PC since Ubi's Tetris is on PC. Switch wasn't officially announced at the time so that's why there is a digital version of the game. However only a physical retail copy for the PS4.

deejay

ModBot said:
Instructions for deejay:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (deejay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Introversion Classics Pack -- MB-A6E948CB701049F1 - Taken by voodooray

Good luck!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Humble Unnecessary Garbage Bundle

dex3108

I am now playing Episodes from Liberty City (The Lost and Damned to be precise) and man i can't even imagine how good SP DLC would be for GTA V :( Damn you GTA Online :(

xist

I thought that I understood the purpose of a VPN....then I read that Speedify is a VPN targeting speed and not security. Maybe I need to reassess my initial assumption....

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
WinZip in 2017.

What is this bundle? Why?

WinZip in the 15 dollar tier in 2017.

g2Tbt61.jpg

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
They should at least get mIRC in a bundle or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honestly, this might be the worst Humble Bundle value proposition that's ever existed. On top of the software itself being mostly unnecessary (and potentially causing computer slowdown issues if not installed or configured correctly) most of these "keys" activate a one-year license to use the software - so they're obviously trying to gobble up new customers that they can soak residuals off of.

I would not be surprised if one or more of these tools required you to sign up for a "1 year trial using your Humble activation key" by having a credit card on file.

Absolutely terrible.

Folks thinking about wasting their money on this should just buy a physical copy of Puyo Pop Tetris for whatever system regardless on whether you have it or not.

The Tetris Company licensing is the only thing I can think of. They struck a deal with Ubisoft for the Tetris license to be distributed digitally on current gen consoles and PC since Ubi's Tetris is on PC. Switch wasn't officially announced at the time so that's why there is a digital version of the game. However only a physical retail copy for the PS4.

Yup, this is it. It's also why the game will never be on Steam.

jshackles

i dunno $1 backup software isn't a terrible deal

I would actually disagree with you on this. I recently used the free version of EaseUS Todo to migrate my Windows 10 machine from HDD to SSD and I actually found it to be pretty useful and it worked as advertised.

That being said, here is what you are getting in the "home version" vs what is available on their site for free:

• Transfer system to different PC
  • Event-based schedule backup
  • Free technical support
  • Outlook backup and recovery
  • Email notification, Pre/Post-command, FTP offsite copy, Exclude files from backupe
[Source]

You can still do scheduled backups with the free version, but I guess they're not "event based" which I assume means, "on startup" or "when this program runs" sort of thing. You can also still transfer your backup to a different PC or do an FTP offsite copy on your own, this just adds the convenience of not having to set up something yourself to do it.

I suppose you could do a lot worse for $1, but if you don't need these features it's still kind of a bad value proposition.

fantomena

Same here. I'm in full summer sale mode now, I just have too many games to get through (gotta finish persona 5, route C and D of Nier, Nioh, Tales of Berseria, some later parts of Yakuza 0).
The only thing that would make me budge is vanquish

Yeah, I might just wait till summer. Ive got so many games Im so eager to play that I already own that can last me to summer.

Also, so far in 2017 Ive got so far less spare time that Ive had before. Like, now I don't really even have time to check out SteamGAF or even buying games. There's been so many games that have been on sale that I simply forgot to buy because I don't even have time.

Wok

I thought Rhakou was pointing at the Winzip deal, meaning that it was a (night) trap.

It turns out it is a game.

Night_Trap_Cover.jpg

Erekiddo

I actually wouldn't mind a couple of those programs for my PCs, but I don't want to reward bullshit bundles like this. Especially when most are just 1 year licenses.

prudislav

Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a space sim coupled with role-playing and strategy elements. Send your mighty war fleets into combat or lead them yourself. The choice is yours. Be the Warlord!

STARPOINT GEMINI WARLORDS coming out of Early Access on MAY 23
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZrzRiM35Tc

Dawn of Andromeda is a pausable, real-time 4X space strategy game providing a fun, immersive and accessible experience, introducing fresh ideas to the genre. Build your empire, colonize new planets, interact with other factions and characters, research technologies and build great fleets.

DAWN OF ANDROMEDA is coming out of Early Access on MAY 4!
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AncF1aX5sk

Knurek

Steins;Gate 3 isn't as bad as Steins;Gate 2 was, but still, it's taking away my will to play games.
The pacing is just... so terrible in this game. I can't read for more than 10 minutes before my interest wanes and I just go to browse GAF. Like I'm doing now...
The fact that the fantranslation is... serviceable at best doesn't help here.
Hopefully Steins;Gate 4 and 5 are better. I'd really like to finish the whole series this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom