• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Really loved this game, hope that the winner enjoys is as well :)

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition -- MB-05FA2434CA9EE9BB - Taken by Mono. 79 entrants total.

t1407446689z1.png

SSPssp

Here's Ys in case its the main thing you want from the bundle. Also had to redo to add raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys Origin -- MB-E9AE7BA8D212BED4 - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Ys Origin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1407436788z1.png

Nabs

All of them.

Thing is Origin improves on Oath's gameplay so playing Oath first is better. Non the less I'd still recommend Origin =)

It does? It felt pretty similar to me, it was just Felghana with no filler and a bunch of Ys I & II references. I think I rated Origin slightly higher than Felghana, but both games are fantastic. Ys II is also great.

jblank83

So One Way Heroics is actually great. Please try it and spread the word.

ModBot Basics:
- No thanks are needed. Just play the game. It's good. I swear.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-A96B056DE9FFC7A4 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.

t1407447168z1.png

ModBot 2 said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Snakethesniper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

One Way Heroics -- MB-8FF1734EEEAC9CF5 - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.

t1407447229z1.png

Takethat.gif

Sharkiller

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sharkiller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher: Adventure Game (GOG) -- MB-E9571433CAF53B0C - Taken by Dragon1893. 1 entrants total.

t1407437328z1.png
Closed multiplayer beta of The Witcher: Adventure Game!

MwuFTzZ.png

Just got this for 11 bucks. Hopefully it's as good as SR3.

SR4 doesn't hit quite the same highs as SR3, but it is a very enjoyable game nonetheless. There's bonus enjoyment to be had if you're aware of some older games, including Saint's Row 1 & 2.

Insurance Fraud was perfected in Saint's Row 4.

So One Way Heroics is actually great. Please try it and spread the word.

This is the truth! Spread the word!

Ban Puncher

Enjoy my table scraps, it's 4:30am and I'm off to bed.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-5B331D0001FB71C3 - Taken by dot. 13 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-9CF0DA2231FE9157 - Taken by billmcdougal. 10 entrants total.

t1407437448z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

The Witcher Adventure Game (beta) -- MB-52E70BC1A3E3C9EB - Taken by Snakethesniper. 3 entrants total.

t1407440148z1.png

Very awesome Humble Bundle!
And I didn't even own one title. Got all besides Astebreed.

How does Ys Origin play? Turn-based or action or is it that one game I've heard where you only "bump" and the action takes place automatically?

Gonna be my first jrpg, so giddy. It counts as jrpg, right?

NotSelf

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for NotSelf:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

One Way Heroics -- MB-C24E4CE8D0504D40 - Taken by Roboleon. 1 entrants total.

t1407436789z1.png

Peace:)

Dambrosi

Banned
Humble Japan bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Unholy Heights
  • One way heroics
  • Gigantic Army
TIER 2: 6$
  • Ys Origin
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
  • Pixeljunk Shooter
TIER 3: 10$
  • Astebreed
£6-odd for AssBreed? And the rest of those for free? Sign me the fuck up!

In fact, I think I'll go back to my Red Team avatar to celebrate!

Divius

Not interested in the weekly bundle, only think I want is PixelJunk Shooter because I loved both Monsters and Eden (that soundtrack, hnng). Hoping to snipe a GAF giveaway for that one.

jblank83

I'll just mention again that One Way Heroics is a surprisingly good game. Bite-size, but a great little "roguelikelike" (not really like rogue at all but procedurally generated with permadeath).

If you like RPGs at all, give it a try.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
GAF, after being a console gamer for many years (last ones were WiiPS360) I decided to get a kick ass PC and play here mostly.

What can you guys recommend that I can easily use a kb/m? I still need to buy a joystick and that will take time. I was thinking about FPS or 3rd person shooter and RPGs aswell. What competitive multiplayer you guys recommend? I was thinking about giving COD Ghosts a try. Is it still all about kill streaks?

Do I need to play previous games to understand Bioshock Infinite?
I'm choosing between Wolfestein and Divinity.As crazy as that sounds (or not), I really wanna explore COD 4 again. Is is full of cheaters like the console versions?

This isn't an exhaustive list.

FPS:

Singleplayer

(Old school)

Shadow Warrior (2013)
Bulletstorm
Hard Reset
Alien Rage
Serious Sam 3
Painkiller - Black Edition

(Modern)

Wolfenstein: TNO
Metro: Last Light
Half Life 2
The Darkness II
Wolfenstein (2009)
RAGE
Crysis or Crysis: Warhead
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Dishonored
TimeShift

Multiplayer:

Counter-strike: Global Offensive
Natural Selection 2
Team Fortress 2
DayZ

Haven't played personally, but come recommended by others:

Payday 2
Planetside 2

(I'm not a big fan of COD games past 4 so I probably am not the person to ask about that series.)

Third person:

Max Payne 3
Binary Domain
Dead Space 2
Sniper Elite V3

W: TNO and Divinity are both good games in separate genres. Divinity is around 50-70 hours compared to Wolfenstein's 11-20 hours if you want to look at it as a value proposition. Otherwise, it's hard to advocate one over the other as they are quite different.

-----

The 360 pad is a popular choice for PC gaming, I prefer the PS3 pad which works equally well, but you can't go wrong with the 360 pad.

I'll just mention again that One Way Heroics is a surprisingly good game. Bite-size, but a great little "roguelikelike" (not really like rogue at all but procedurally generated with permadeath).

It's got a dangerous level of "okay, one more go.... okay.. one more go... this time will be the last time I swear.... okay THIS time will be the last time" to it, since it plays so easy and fast. Great little game.

Wok

I have no idea what I have just received from GOG. I guess I registered thanks to a link posted here.

PIcD2yI.png

I'm really tempted to get that 10$-tier only for Astrebreed. But I've already spent a lot of money this month :/

I do want the other games too, except for Ys Origin, I already have that one.

For anyone who has played the games from this bundle: Is it worth the 10$ ? Or should I just wait for the next Steam sale? I probably won't play them right now because TiTS.

I'm really tempted to get that 10$-tier only for Astrebreed. But I've already spent a lot of money this month :/

I do want the other games too, except for Ys Origin, I already have that one.

For anyone who has played the games from this bundle: Is it worth the 10$ ? Or should I just wait for the next Steam sale? I probably won't play them right now because TiTS.
Same here, I'm passing the waifus this time ;(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heroes of a broken land key out on groupees build a greenlight bundle 5

H1PSTER

I already own this, enjoy.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Unholy Heights -- MB-5CE2E8BDA60AF676 - Taken by Sendou. 17 entrants total.

t1407448128z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom