• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
04dfbf9897fa87d926d9bb2c8d711972a7884a77.png

One Way Heroics is so good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-FE1C7C0F78C17AE3 - Taken by Zeeman. 4 entrants total.

t1407441168z1.png

derExperte

->

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics -- MB-4CBDEED621674CC4 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-695DC7B804E104D8 - Taken by Pop. 3 entrants total.

t1407441169z1.png

Time to go pester GMG then.

Well this could take a long, long time. Where do you want me to start? I'll be back with a synopsis later on ;)

Well, here's what I understand, as simply as I can put some of it:

Mondo works for the hitman agency. His audition/interview was to kill the guy in mission 2.
He found his sidekick on the street and took her in.
Mondo is contracted to kill David, his brother, by a woman from the Moon, because David "stole the moon" form her.
Mondo tries, Mondo somehow fails.
Mondo does extra contracts, as David is using all the wires to try to destroy the earth or something.
Mondo lost his arm to his brother in a dream sequence and was transported by a magical unicorn to the agency office. This is how he got his arm musselback.
Mondo kills David, darkness takes over, he decides the moon is his instead of giving it to the girl.

Uh... none of it really made sense to me.
But even if it was less coherent to Bayonetta, it still felt like it was a better story and was more competently delivered via the medium. :p

If I didn't already have Ys Origin (and still haven't played it yet), the $10 would be perfect.

So, uh... buy it and give the one game you own away via modbot.
You'll make someone's day better, I'm sure.

Mono

I wish Isomer had some kind of a tutorial or at least tool tips on the UI. I know it's still early access but it just throws you into the game, and that is not the kind of game that's fun to be thrown into.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Borderlands 1.75's pre-order should be up soon.

Added name – Cork Steam Store and Retail Key Pre-Order 4 minutes ago
Package was published in the database 4 minutes ago

Did you check expendabros ? It's a free mashup between broforce and the expendables 3. It's about one hour long and pretty funny ^_^

Knurek

Turning serious again, I'm reading Sapkowski books and basically there's no track of Triss. She is only mentioned in the first book as a Yennefer's friend, but nothing more.

Having read the whole series, I call bollocks on that. She's one of the main characters in the actual novels (not the short stories collections).
Heck, Geralt even cheats on Yennefer with Triss at one point, which leads to some awkward moments

chronomac

It's been on sale a ton of times but PixelJunk Shooter is a damn fun game. Considering everything you get, the $6 tier is a good deal.

Divius

25 minutes of playtime in PIXELJUNK SHOOTERS and I can already tell it has the same charm and 'easy to pick up and play attitude' of the previous games I played. I will enjoy this very much.

The controls just feel so natural and the artstyle is dope as fuck.

Nete

Well, I'm reading the SECOND book, I didn't read all of them.
How many book are there? Here in Italy there are five for now.

Two with short stories that set up the world, and five with the actual saga.

To be honest, I like the first two like a gazilion more times than the other five. Those are still good tho.

Nabs

25 minutes of playtime in PIXELJUNK SHOOTERS and I can already tell it has the same charm and 'easy to pick up and play attitude' of the previous games I played. I will enjoy this very much.

Yeah, it's perfect for short 20 minute sessions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
only way I would have got it is if it wasn't! :/

Here's hoping for reasonable BR pricing, assuming ACRTAG isn't employed for good measure.

Edit: Actually, the ROW sub has no list of purchase-restricted countries. If that remains the case, then we'll have a South Park situation on our hands.

I jumped for the $10 dollar bundle. Also, as i have had some luck nabbing the games no one wants instead of reaching for the stars and the big giveaways, hopefully someone else too will be just like me and take this wonderful piece of bundle fodder (also its a pretty fun, mindless button masher with price-y cards at the moment soooooo...)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae -- MB-B77BA49A22099013 - Taken by pupo

Zeeman

If you like shmups, pay the $4 and get the Astebreed tier. It'll be subsidized a little by the card drops too. They're not animu prices, but it's still something.

I do not really get shmups. I tried playing Jamestown a while back, and it just doesn't do anything for me and I'm really bad at it.

Mono

But I thought there were only 2 with short stories...and even then, only one in English, right?

"Droga, z której się nie wraca" is in the third short story book Sapkowski wrote, but the rest of the stories are unrelated/non-canon!

Yep, of the short stories, only The Last Wish is in English. :( Fans have translated the others, though.

It's an awesome game. Tried to get attention for the game when it was 2€ during the summer sale, but few listened. :p

Deadbeat

Banned
Have at it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Anachronox -- MB-A2B4C0087C18DEB9
Mini Ninjas -- MB-88601BB011C9DE77 - Taken by L.O.R.D

Jawmuncher

That moment when you finally figure out whats wrong with a PC.
The PC that didn't want to boot a disc for some reason that disc drive was just acting up. Threw in another one and it booted the disc and the Windows 8 installation is finally done.
I've been messing with PCs like this for awhile now that I might just be ready to build my own in the not so distant future.

Knurek

Are you not english/us? Maybe there are more in Poland that need to be translated?

The sixth novel was released here last year (14 years after the main series ended) and is, by all accounts, a terrible cash grab (prequel story to Blood of Elves, not really adding anything to the main saga).
Just make sure you have a way to read The Swallow's Tower and Lady of the Lake before tackling the main saga - pretty much every volume ends in a cliffhanger.

"Droga, z której się nie wraca" is in the third short story book Sapkowski wrote, but the rest of the stories are unrelated/non-canon!

Yep, of the short stories, only The Last Wish is in English. :( Fans have translated the others, though.

Witcher is becoming a decent name in America it seems...I don't know why they don't go ahead and get them translated for release over here.

Uzzy

I do hope we get English translations of the last two Witcher/Ciri books soon. In a dream world they'd drop before Witcher 3 comes out, but that's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom