• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Rock Paper Shotgun ‏@rockpapershot 27m

Sacred 3 takes the ARPG, eats it, waits a while, then squats down to offer it to you. Here's wot John thinks: http://wp.me/pkbbD-Wkj

ouch lol
Just reading about the way this game controls makes me want to grab one of the devs at the collar and slap him around a bit. And then there's the whole no loot bit and the segmented, instanced tiny levels.

Doing something different from the usual ARPG fare actually only works if it isn't much worse than the established standard.

But this isn't just bad execution of great ideas, this game seems full of bad ideas on a conceptual level.

wilflare

hmm so SteamGAF what audio systems do you use for your games
on headsets, anyone using A50 or something like that? are they really THAT good?

Autofokus

on headsets, anyone using A50 or something like that? are they really THAT good?

They are competent, yes. If you want the 'real' stuff, you should have a look at the offerings from AKG, Denon, Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic for example.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay invisible enemies, because those are always fun... fuck you RE4 :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Follow their stink-line-y breathing and you'll do fine.

yeah shotgun and rifle ripped them appart. Invisible enemies still suck tho. And these cultist fucks need to stop saying vivir es morrir, its creeping me out

Jusoni

Hhnnngh, I really wanna bite on that Might & Magic X deal, but I know I shouldn't. Got so many great games already on backlog. On the other hand I loved Legend of Grimrock and Etrian Odysseys on DS. To be or not to be!

Knurek

Hhnnngh, I really wanna bite on that Might & Magic X deal, but I know I shouldn't. Got so many great games already on backlog. On the other hand I loved Legend of Grimrock and Etrian Odysseys on DS. To be or not to be!

Get it.
Amazing game well worth the price asked.

Rhaknar

yo this cult dude has a motherfucking machine gun turret, thts not very horror like >_>

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

LYNE -- MB-8D11D4A77D0DA1D1 - Taken by Jadax
RUSH -- MB-42B8487F65C728AD

Rhaknar

You're playing Resident Evil 4, not 1, 2 or an early Silent Hill game. Did you expect horror?

no but everyone that said this was the greatest game of all time said how different it was from 5 and it keeps being the same shit, now 10 hours in o_O

where are the nope.gif guys anyway?

Divius

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dino D Day -- MB-F371FFA23352FA49 - Taken by fwpx

Got this from that free bundle thing, turns out I already have it. Someone please take it. It has cards! Free Steam Money!

tylerf

should I try to get a Astro Mixamp + any of those headsets you've mentioned?

Those are all high end headphone manufactures. It's generally a better value proposition to get a pair of quality headphones and pair it with a mic rather than a dedicated headset. I'm not sure what all the fancy features of an Astro Mixamp are but if you got a pair of good headphones you wouldn't need anything like that for excellent audio quality.

Uzzy

http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/Sacred3_2.webm

here's one more ... this time from a regular mission in the game ... damn, the more I play it the more I like it :D a very enjoyable experience so far

That actually looks alright. Loosing all the loot stuff doesn't matter to me, I'm quite happy to not spend days going through all my loot and seeing which hat is marginally better than the one I'm currently wearing.

Paying £40 for it though seems mad.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
yay invisible enemies, because those are always fun... fuck you RE4 :(

You'll be excited to hear there is a
giant stalker monster than can turn invisible
in Evil Within. He's one of the
four known 'Stalker' enemies.

Believed to be him, but not confirmed if its this guy yet (there was an old 4chan leak before Evil Within was officially revealed that talked about the game, it said the game had a
city with a giant octopus-like monster that can turn invisible
, this is believed to maybe be him):

character-shigyo.jpg

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That actually looks alright. Loosing all the loot stuff doesn't matter to me, I'm quite happy to not spend days going through all my loot and seeing which hat is marginally better than the one I'm currently wearing.

Paying £40 for it though seems mad.

yeah, I agree :) it's definitely waaaay too expensive ... although, I only paid $25 for it ;)

Knurek

Aaand bought! Maybe around christmas I'll actually get around playing this.

Please note that the easier difficulty level offers challenge only for roughly half of the game (after you reach Karthal and Grandmaster at least one school of magic, most of encounters tend to easy unless you vow not to drink mana potions). If you want to have a challenging game, start with the Warrior difficulty.

Ever since I joined steam I got exactly 1 foil. Mark of the Ninja card. Worth 30 cents.

I highly doubt the 107 cards I got left will yield any foil either.
----

So in general what genre of games do GAF want more on Steam?

I really want more JRPG and.... Cooking games..

JRPGs would be nice. Also more Simulation game. Ones that don't suck like Sim Earth.

Rhaknar

haha shot a raven and it gave me gold, fuck you birds

Surely im not the only one that opens every door by double tapping the button so he kicks it open instead right? why even have an option to open it normal is the question

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Casimir :) I'll do the saves if I can't finish Witcher 1 and 2 before 3 comes out.

your avatar still make me smile every single time!

Forgot to add: If you are planning to play through Witcher 2, you might want to pick up the re-balance mod. It changes the combat mechanics of Geralt and enemies; and modifies stats on items including the ones carried over from the Witcher 1. The modder who made it is now employed at CDPR, so some of his ideas will probably make it into W3.

Link.
---

XD

Headphones: Audio Technica M50s (They go on sale new for $100 every so often)

Speakers: Cambridge Audio S30s

I used to be into more expensive setups, but my pup thinks of them as chew toys. So I don't invest in high end audio anymore.

Surely im not the only one that opens every door by double tapping the button so he kicks it open instead right? why even have an option to open it normal is the question

If you see a group of birds, blast them with a grenade for mad loot. And if you kick the door open every enemy in that room is alerted immediately iirc.

Rhaknar

"two rats? theres an intruder besides Luis? I wonder who..."

gee I dont know Leon S. Kennedy former police officer, maybe the mysterious red dress woman that saved your life some hours ago? Just a thought

I miss Wesker :(

even anime wesker from 5 :/

Dr Dogg

All hail the Idle Master!

Remind me never to do this again. Good job it's a lazy Friday.

Anything you see in the environment that is shiny, shoot it! See a flock of birds, flash bang them! Got a treasure piece that says it has holes for stuff, try combining them with gem like treasures. You can pretty much never be short on money in RE4.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
"two rats? theres an intruder besides Luis? I wonder who..."

gee I dont know Leon S. Kennedy former police officer, maybe the mysterious red dress woman that saved your life some hours ago? Just a thought

I miss Wesker :(

even anime wesker from 5 :/

Wesker is in the game.

I do suggest you treat the game more as an action game than a horror game. I feel RE4 may be ruined for you by over-expectations, at least what it sounds like or you were envisioning something very different, which I'm saddened by as I do like RE4 a lot, but I understand.

Silent Hill 2 was a lot different than I pictured it'd be from people describing the game (a lot... gamier, than I was expecting, if that makes any sense), though I still did end up loving it, but for a lot different reasons than I was expecting.

RE4 I had the benefit of going in completely blind with an open mind and no expectations for. I have some fanboyism for the game as its the game that started me on my path of both horror and LPs.

wilflare

All hail the Idle Master!

Remind me never to do this again. Good job it's a lazy Friday.

Anything you see in the environment that is shiny, shoot it! See a flock of birds, flash bang them! Got a treasure piece that says it has holes for stuff, try combining them with gem like treasures. You can pretty much never be short on money in RE4.

best gif. hope you make a version with foil cards only

Rhaknar

Wesker is in the game.

I do suggest you treat the game more as an action game than a horror game. I feel RE4 may be ruined for you by over-expectations, at least what it sounds like or you were envisioning something very different, which I'm saddened by as I do like RE4 a lot, but I understand.

Silent Hill 2 was a lot different than I pictured it'd be from people describing the game (a lot... gamier, than I was expecting, if that makes any sense), though I still did end up loving it, but for a lot different reasons than I was expecting.

RE4 I had the benefit of going in completely blind with an open mind and no expectations for. I have some fanboyism for the game as its the game that started me on my path of both horror and LPs.

Over hyped for sure, what is REALLY rubbing me the wrong way (as a RE5 fan) is how people say how this is so much better than RE5, how RE5 was a disgrace after this...and all im seeing is the same action shooting with horror elements, the same cheesiness, if not more (that Salazar is going to be a boss isnt he...and its going to be hilarious isnt it? :/), the same awful writting as usual, the same awful tank controls, with the added bonus of some horrible sections with ashley where I killed her by mistake like 3 times (thank god she was kidnapped again), although that one is on me.

I bet that in the end ill end up liking the game (hell I am liking it or I would have dropped it) as much as I like RE5, probably less tbh, and will forever think "really? that?" whenever I see people proclaim it as the best game ever

Also, aparently Ada is Superman because Leon didnt recognize her until she took off her tiny glasses o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom