• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thanks for all the advice guys :) I'll keep you guys updated in the future.
------

Now back on topic. Does anyone know if the save file in Witcher 1 transfer to 2 and hopefully 3?

Aka like what Mass Effect and Dragon Age did?

yes ... they do :) and they will for W3 as well :)

EdmondD

we literally text everyday and we try to hang out as much as we can with our busy schedule. So its not like she's not interested in me. (She say she does, otherwise she wouldn't have gone on dates with me) but for some reason she can't seem to develop romantic feelings for me yet. She want to, but I told her she might need time. I just dont wanna get friend zone. She's an awesome girl.

And you think of me during breakfast? Awe wil<3

thanks! I'm glad you guys think I'm doing the right thing. Hopefully by being a good friend/guy. I can show her that I'm the one she need in her life. Someone she can count on. And mini-golf. Is that slang nowadays for something else? I feel old.
Yeah, you're doing the right thing. Just give her time. You seem like a good dude. However, don't put all your eggs in one basket if you get what I'm saying. There are other girls out there maybe girls just as awesome as this one.

Deques

------

Now back on topic. Does anyone know if the save file in Witcher 1 transfer to 2 and hopefully 3?

The save files do transfer between 1 and 2. But what they do, I don't know.

yea. so I can easily copy that list to my own spreadsheet or what not to mark as redeemed, given away, etc.

while they have been getting better - their system of marking as used or redeemed isn't reliable.. (Groupees wiped my tags I think recently...)

possible next project for jshackles? Bundle Manager - to help you track all your bundles (gets data from all the sites)
you can sort it by platform/service (Steam, Desura, GOG)
you can sort it by games (if you have multiple copies of the same game - it will show which bundle it is from) - you can mark redeemed or given away
you can sort it by bundle provider (humble Groupees etc)

I would pay for something like this.. and help send emails to the bundle providers to support the Bundle Manager api (if it ends up using an api)

IsThereAnyDeal.com has lists of all the bundles and what games each bundle have. How does ES take the data from the site? Does ITAD have an API for it?

milena87

Yes, it transfers, but you mostly start TW2 with more gold and different weapons/armor.

Previous choices are mostly forgotten / never mentioned in TW2.

Kaper

iDLEM@STER should play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2_xFSL5H1o on infinite loop when in use.
It really should be this

In other news, here is a quick one for those who don't have this quick money maker.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kaper:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kaper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-3027281987AE19FA - Taken by wagamer

Arthea

About giveaway, I don't know what I did with that particular line but Aura is in fact Aura: Fate of the Ages. If it will be any problems with that gift, please, let me know.

wilflare

we need it to be done!
I'm just too lazy, but someone can (><)

I can't code... else I would really spend my summer working in something like this. it is something I would really use.

I'll offer to test and write detailed reports if jshackles or stump decides to take this up!

we literally text everyday and we try to hang out as much as we can with our busy schedule. So its not like she's not interested in me. (She say she does, otherwise she wouldn't have gone on dates with me) but for some reason she can't seem to develop romantic feelings for me yet. She want to, but I told her she might need time. I just dont wanna get friend zone. She's an awesome girl.

And you think of me during breakfast? Awe wil<3

haha yea. I woke up, was eating breakfast, surfing GAF.. and I'm like maybe I should talk to Shadownet and ask him how the dates went.

I do think it's a good thing she didn't just fall in love with you. (you would have to deal with alot of baggsge/burden that's really unfair to you) at least it seems like she has taught it thru and matured from her previous relationship.

dont worry about being a good pal to her. and hey, after all the young passion fades, people just really want to marry their best friend ain't? someone to really spend their entire lives with.

Shadownet

Banned

Well assuming its like Mass Effect and Dragon Age then the decisions you made in Witcher 1 and 2 and the consequences should carry over.

Like who did you kill/spare. Did you help someone or not.
I hope it carry over to 3. That's why I like the Mass Effect series. What you did that you thought was insignificance in 1 would be bear big consequence in 3.

wilflare

IsThereAnyDeal.com has lists of all the bundles and what games each bundle have. How does ES take the data from the site? Does ITAD have an API for it?

hmm. not too sure on that. gotta check w jshackles on that.

Bundle Manager will be another level altogether. With the prevalence of all the indie bundles etc, something like that would be really awesome! hahaha

Shadownet

Banned
dont worry about being a good pal to her. and hey, after all the young passion fades, people just really want to marry their best friend ain't? someone to really spend their entire lives with.

Yeah hopefully if I be myself, she can see that I can be both a good friend and an even better boyfriend. *fingers crossed*

Wok

Steam, Origin, Galaxy. Next one is Big Bang.

So being weirded out by games in the "X is now playing Y" notification popping up in the corner is stalkery now?

I have stopped using this feature: it is only interesting if you have a small list of Steam contacts and if you want to play a multiplayer game with your contacts. Other than that, the feature is irrelevant, and looks stalkery to me.

I always feel creeped out when someone says something about my gaming habits, like hey I have seen you play this game yesterday. It usually happens with people I meet at work, etc. It is okay if they want some pieces of advice about the game, whether it is good, etc. Otherwise, it just feels weird. It is like someone making a remark about some activities I have done because it was posted on Facebook: if I want to talk about it, I can do it, I do not want that my activity is the start of someone else's discussion. A good start of conversation would be "Did you enjoy the weekend?" rather than "I have seen on Facebook that you have been kayaking, how was it?".

Maybe it is just me being from an old generation.

ouUcMDY.png

Praise Idle Master.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish they had said explicitly what the new content for abyss odyssey entailed cos i'm seeing lots of things that feel knew to me but i'm not sure if this is just rng being crazy or actual new stuff

new enemies are cool tho, except fireball spammy dude, that guy's an asshole

i'm slowly pokemoning everybody, only about 6 left and i'm level 50 already

died on regular difficulty since i was playing pretty bad but i'm hoping something new happens after warlock :D

Caerith

I can't code... else I would really spend my summer working in something like this. it is something I would really use.

I'll offer to test and write detailed reports if jshackles or stump decides to take this up!
You could always learn to code. I only recently started learning Python, but it doesn't take long before you can follow along and possibly contribute or make projects of your own. (The classes at Udacity are pretty good (and free, 'though there's a paid option).)

Arthea

Oh Jesus.. That's crazy. I always thought the waifu anime games would have the more expensive cards.

That doesn't mean anything, price I mean, until somebody buys that foil, it's just ripples on the water surface and if my experience is anything to go buy, the best one can hope is $5 for a single foil until more of that kind drops, I know that Jasec managed to get $10 several times, but he's damn lucky with foils, anyways.

Shadownet

Banned
That doesn't mean anything, price I mean, until somebody buys that foil, it's just ripples on the water surface and if my experience is anything to go buy, the best one can hope is $5 for a single foil until more of that kind drops, I know that Jasec managed to get $10 several times, but he's damn lucky with foils, anyways.

Ever since I joined steam I got exactly 1 foil. Mark of the Ninja card. Worth 30 cents.

I highly doubt the 107 cards I got left will yield any foil either.
----

So in general what genre of games do GAF want more on Steam?

I really want more JRPG and.... Cooking games..

oupi

Ever since I joined steam I got exactly 1 foil. Mark of the Ninja card. Worth 30 cents.

----

JRPG's. And not remakes, but new games.

tylerf

----

You never know. I got 1 foil in like the first 300 drops and then 4 over the last 50 drops with idlemaster.

lashman

oh god ... YES!!! I want Cooking Mama on steam SO BAD!!!!
no, I'm not kidding!!

----

JRPGs and cooking games sound nice. Probably more adventure and exploration?

I think I got 2 foils in the last 30 cards I had drop. Relatively cheap ones.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Be careful what you wish for.

To be honest, I don't really know what I'd want more of that isn't already very well represented on Steam. I could certainly go for some more VNs, but all of the ones I would actually want are too old to have a chance of making it. Steins;gate is probably the only modern one I would want to play. Hatoful boyfriend is really more of a novelty than a VN to me.

I guess I'd like to see Rock Band roll its way over to PC, too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I remember when Sequence got cards I PM'd feep and asked him to ensure I got a foil. The very next drop was a foil. Now, I'm not saying that feep has magical foil powers, but it certainly seems like the most reasonable explanation.

Shadownet

Banned
JRPG's. And not remakes, but new games.

JRPGs and cooking games sound nice. Probably more adventure and exploration?

oh god ... YES!!! I want Cooking Mama on steam SO BAD!!!!
no, I'm not kidding!!

I never play Dragon's Quest games before. Would love it if there was a PC game from it. Honestly new JRPG sounds great but at this point I'll take a old port.

And cooking. I really want a sushi cooking game... I just really like sushi..

Madden on Steam would be nice too..

Koriandrr

Why the hell is Arche Age so expensive? It's an MMO with a monthly sub, published by Trion, am I right? What exactly makes it so expesnvie? I want to try it out, but I can't even begin to justify that price.

lashman

I never play Dragon's Quest games before. Would love it if there was a PC game from it. Honestly new JRPG sounds great but at this point I'll take a old port.

And cooking. I really want a sushi cooking game... I just really like sushi..

Madden on Steam would be nice too..

2014-08-01_10-55-01.jpg

Welp, as expected.

what a shame ... it really IS a pretty good game *sigh*

Shadownet

Banned
Why the hell is Arche Age so expensive? It's an MMO with a monthly sub, published by Trion, am I right? What exactly makes it so expesnvie? I want to try it out, but I can't even begin to justify that price.

Is it monthly sub? I hope not. Kinda hoping it would be like Guild Wars 2. Buy it once and don't have to pay for it monthly.

CauseAsian.pic
Don't hate. Asian cultures have better food in general.

its a lie. Beside sushi. I like western food better.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
OT: don't read if you don't care.

the girl I went on 2 dates with. She's really shy, just got out of a sad relationship recently and still not over her ex. She said I'm an amazing guy but she don't know why she doesn't feel any romance toward me. Even though she want to. I told her maybe she need to give it time and try go move on from her ex first. Only then maybe she'll see me as more than just a friend. Am I doing this right? I really like this girl, and I'm pretty sure I would give up Elizabeth for her. I've been trying to take it slow, and give her time.

I would post in relationshipGAF but I don't know those people, and I care more about what my steam family has to say.

You answered your own question. It sounds like she hasn't moved on from her ex yet. That is something that only time will change. Stick with it, but don't try to smother her.

------

Yes, the saves transfer. If you lose yours though, people have uploaded saves with the possible outcomes for Witcher 1.

Saves:
Witcher 1
Witcher 2

Arthea

We already had this talk, and not once, but why not. I want Yakuza games on steam, Basara, more JRPGs certainly, I want Suikoden series on steam too or anywhere in fact (._.), Atelier games too, all of those have no chances coming to steam.
Aside of those, I want Dragon Dogma and RDR too.
Those that have chances, rest of FF older games, for example, I want them too, including FFT.
But my biggest concern is Steins Gate, which I was sure is coming to steam, but it seems it isn't, bummer

Lain

Posted a mini review for Sacred 3 on Steam so might as well share it in here too.

Sacred 3 said:
The game holds the name Sacred 3 upon itself, but it's a very different game from its predecessors. There is no open world here, there isn't real loot you'll find dropping from your enemies, just gold, health globes and energy globes.

The story seems silly and from the start it's apparent that the game doesn't take itself seriously at all, beginning from the narrator, continuing to what the NPCs say including even your own character and the Souls attached to your weapons.

You play in confined levels that can be pretty short or somewhat long that you pick from a map, after which you get dropped into the level and that you'll navigate until the boss fight at the end, after which you'll leave.

After certain fights (usually Bosses that I've seen) you'll find new Souls for your weapon, as well as new weapons that you'll be able to use (and upgrade if you are high level enough and have enough gold) after completing the mission.

The action is pretty hectic, with enemies attacking in droves while the player has to try and dodge out of the way of powerful attacks, break the shield of bigger enemies to be able to hurt them or stop certain enemies from casting (or interrupt althogether their spell) all the while managing the use of skills that use a limited energy resource.

Personally, I wanted this to be closer to the old games, something more akin to Sacred 2 but, so far, I have been having fun with what this game has to offer. The action can get very busy and even at the normal level of difficulty I found that dying can become rather easy if not paying attention at getting out of the way. Killing the groups of enemies coming at you and emerging victorious is also another fun aspect of the game.

The commands are responsive, the game looks quite nice and performs really well even when downsampling from something like 2880x1620.
I have found a problem with the game crashing whenever I open the friend menu in game but I'm not sure if that's the game or something on my PC.

All in all, the experience with the game so far is really positive. Probably not an experience worth 50€, but I didn't pay that much for it when I preordered, so it's more of a problem for anyone that would want to grab the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom