• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Well folks, the M&M promotion comes to a close at Midnight Eastern tonight, so it looks we can post the final tallies:

In an incredibly definitive first place, with $222 dollars of M&M codes contributed is Jawmuncher! Fun fact: the Agol Velociraptor from Dino Crisis 3 is 222 centimeters tall. Coincidence?

Of course, thank you to everyone who gave a code and watched the Serious Streams. Special thanks to the following people who gave codes since the last update: Xclash for 1 code, default two for 3 codes, myshkin for 4 codes, cloudius12 for 4 codes, jawmuncher for 7 codes, Stallion Free for 3 codes, shadownet for 4 codes (and for still collecting them even while in the hospital!), and last but not least, BinaryPork2737 for 1 code.

Without further ado, the full scoreboard:

Grand Total: $1,434.00
Number of codes entered: 239
Number of months paid: 17+

Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you posted when/if the full rebates get posted to my account. We're still at $588.00 applied to the account, but Verizon is terrible and takes a while to do anything.

222 is just too good of a final number to stop on.
Wasn't even tracking the DC trivia, that's pretty cool.

Jawmuncher

Is Papers, Please worth $4.99? That game looks awesome, but $4.99 goes a long way in gabenbux.

It is and this is coming from someone who didn't like it at first.
The game will really grow on you and the tone it has is great. So dark with with a tad bit of humor.

Edit:I'm not sorry for this double post.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is Papers, Please worth $4.99? That game looks awesome, but $4.99 goes a long way in gabenbux.

Mostly. It's a clever little game and it does a few things really well. It's all sorts of depressing though and is incredibly tedious.

Mostly. It's a clever little game and it does a few things really well. It's all sorts of depressing though and is incredibly tedious.

That's interesting, I didn't find it tedious at all. On face value I'd say that the 'core gameplay' is mechanical but that it's all done that way for a reason. Once you start feeling comfortable with the speed at which you can process those visas then they add additional pressures such as an additional id card that you need to check, and this is along with the everyday pressure of processing as many as you can so that you can afford heat, food and medicine for sick family members.

It's a really well done game where the gameplay is the story and vice versa. I can see how people might think it's tedious but if you enjoy the premise then you'll enjoy getting through each day, meeting the people and making decisions about their visa status.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That's interesting, I didn't find it tedious at all. On face value I'd say that the 'core gameplay' is mechanical but that it's all done that way for a reason. Once you start feeling comfortable with the speed at which you can process those visas then they add additional pressures such as an additional id card that you need to check, and this is along with the everyday pressure of processing as many as you can so that you can afford heat, food and medicine for sick family members.

It's a really well done game where the gameplay is the story and vice versa. I can see how people might think it's tedious but if you enjoy the premise then you'll enjoy getting through each day, meeting the people and making decisions about their visa status.

There's a not insignificant chance that I found it tedious because I review ID documents for fraud in my day job. The moment to moment gameplay just wasn't fun though. It was well done and I never got the feeling that it was trying to be fun so I don't hold it against the game, but a lot of people could.

saunderez

I really wish they just kept SR4 as a DLC as it was originally intended to be. SR4 went too far imo in the amount of craziness that it kind of hurt the game. If they did "reboot" the series I hope they go back toward what SR2 in terms of scope. I never did beat SR2 but I felt that one was the best game in the series. It's a shame that the PC port is basically garbage.

I agree Saint's Row 2 is definitely the pinnacle of the series. That'd be a good jumping off point for a whole series reboot.

Papers, Please hooked my interest for a long time - it's well worth the $5.

Yeah, it's a great game. I want to go back to it some day, it's just so well made.

Mono

I found this awesome program that auto-categorizes your Steam library into a games' first-tagged genre from the store page! Pretty useful to get started on organizing your games like that, though it's not perfect.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, well, my boyfriend got annoyed and offered to redeem the key for me... he has 300+ games and says he doesn't care about having a stupid game taint his list.
Turns out it was this game (so I was right XD):
Creepy brony-like game
lol. Apparently JaseC does have that game too!

Crystals ain't a brony game. Just the power of unicorns all up in that bitch.

*Thug Lyfe*

It's okay, my friend highly recommends it. Stump seemed disappointed when he lost a giveaway for the game. A few other GAF members have also recommended it in past Steam threads.

Mono

Hmm, no matter how many times I restart Steam and it says "installing updates", I'm still not getting the new client's beta features. Maybe it's because I'm not using the default skin or something?

BigBoss

So I've been having some problems changing the graphics settings in Riddick, the game crashes every time I try to change anything. I've worked around this by going into a file called "environment.cfg" which allows you to change each setting manually but I can't figure out how to change the texture setting. any ideas which setting applies to textures?

DEFAULTGAME=PB
SND_ENABLE=1
SKIPINTRO=0
XWC_GAME=PB
XWC_GAMEPATH=Content\
VID_RENDER=OpenGL
VID_GAMMA=0.500000
VID_BRIGHTNESS=0.500000
VID_BLACKLEVEL=0.500000
VID_PIXELASPECT=-1.000000
VID_VSYNC=0
VID_MODE=1920 1080 32 60
VID_DWIDTH=1920
VID_DHEIGHT=1080
XR_CHARSHADOWS=1
XR_SHADERMODE=11
R_ANISOTROPY=1.000000
VID_GAMMARAMP=0.000000
DEFAULTGAMEPATH=Content
VID_CABLEPROFILE=0
CON_INVISIBLE=1
XR_LODOFFSET=-1000000.000000
XR_MOTIONBLUR_DOF=1
R_BACKBUFFERFORMAT=4194304
R_ANTIALIAS=4
XR_WALLMARKS=-1
XR_SURFOPTIONS=144
XR_DLIGHT=-1
R_PICMIP0=2
R_PICMIP1=2
R_PICMIP2=2
R_PICMIP3=2
R_PICMIP4=2
R_PICMIP5=2
R_PICMIP6=2
R_PICMIP7=2
R_PICMIP8=2
R_PICMIP9=2
R_PICMIP10=2
R_PICMIP11=2
R_PICMIP12=2
R_PICMIP13=2
R_PICMIP14=2
R_PICMIP15=2
LANGUAGE=ENG
ENABLE_MULTITHREAD=1.000000
GL_SHADERCOMPILETHREADS=1
VIDEO_SSAO=0
XR_SSAO=0
GAME_LASTVALIDPROFILE=Paul

So I've been having some problems changing the graphics settings in Riddick, the game crashes every time I try to change anything. I've worked around this by going into a file called "environment.cfg" which allows you to change each setting manually but I can't figure out how to change the texture setting. any ideas which setting applies to textures?

R_ANISOTROPY=1.000000
That's the only one to me that looks like a texture setting, try changing it to 16.000000

abracadaver

Does Singularity not have any advanced graphics aoptions ? I can only set resolution and vsync. Also it does not show the buttons of the xbox pad but instead JOY7 and JOY11 etc.

R_PICMIPs are related to textures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap

PICMIP = picture multum in parvo

Try settings them to some power of 2

Ah, well, my boyfriend got annoyed and offered to redeem the key for me... he has 300+ games and says he doesn't care about having a stupid game taint his list.
Turns out it was this game (so I was right XD):
Creepy brony-like game
lol. Apparently JaseC does have that game too!
i realize it's a crappy fantasy horse breeding game and it's just so easy to do but i guess that edit was necessary huh

which reminds me i should get around to the achievements for the free dlc

BigBoss

Hmm, not sure then, have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Yeah, I'm currently running in Xp service pack 3 and I'm running it as administrator but it didn't help. Its an OpenGL game and I have Radeon 7870 so I shoudn't be surprised it doesn't work. It ran perfectly last year when I had a GTX 570...

Yeah, I'm currently running in Xp service pack 3 and I'm running it as administrator but it didn't help. Its an OpenGL game and I have Radeon 7870 so I shoudn't be surprised it doesn't work. It ran perfectly last year when I had a GTX 570...

That's too bad, sorry I couldn't be of much help, I have a 7850 and was kinda wanting to play that game sometime too, but I might have some problems too.

maneil99

And today we learned why you don't go AMD unless the $ says so

saunderez

You're not running RadeonPro by any chance?.....It was screwing up a few games for me at some point (including crashes when changing display settings). There was an option involving only using monitoring on games in the list which fixed it for me.

BigBoss

You're not running RadeonPro by any chance?.....It was screwing up a few games for me at some point (including crashes when changing display settings). There was an option involving only using monitoring on games in the list which fixed it for me.

OMG, that was it, it works perfectly now, thanks.

Shadownet

Banned
I get this error whenever I try to launch Hotline Miami.

*BIG RED X* "The program can't start because OpenAl32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Milamber

You won't be disappointed, it's an absolute blast with a few friends.

3KcUB9Q.gif

zkylon

zkylewd

*BIG RED X* "The program can't start because OpenAl32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

tried verifying download?

basically you're missing an audio library there

or you might want to just google "OpenAl32.dll" and throw it on sys32

edit: also game directory and system, just spray it all over the place until it works

Did you try installing OpenAL? Also try searching for the DLL and placing it in the game directory.

Shadownet

Banned
tried verifying download?

basically you're missing an audio library there

or you might want to just google "OpenAl32.dll" and throw it on sys32

edit: also game directory and system, just spray it all over the place until it works

Did you try installing OpenAL? Also try searching for the DLL and placing it in the game directory.

post-43287-Good-Burger-I-know-some-of-the-4u5w.gif

This is me most of the time on SteamGAF.
I verified it, but still same error. I'll try the other approach.

Sharkiller

try to change ENABLE_MULTITHREAD=1.000000 to 0.000000
I remember that caused a lot of crashed when was released. Maybe you can change the options with that change.

I remember that msi afterburner overlay detect hotline miami as directx v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom