• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I'm glad my doing nothing proved useful. ;)

Sometimes when you do something right it's like you've done nothing at all..

Since Stump gave you power over ModBot and linked you, your consciousnesses are linked.. so by placing a thought process in you, it translated over to ModBot... at least that's what my Japanese Animes tell me

lol

Pakkidis

My PC just blue screened while playing Saints Row 4. :/ It seems to be the same problem that made me blue screen when playing CSGO a few weeks ago, but this time another driver is highlighted in BlueScreenView. I'm not sure what to do. :(

Comparison:

Last month's BSOD
nfGaNv8.png

Today's BSOD
1M2hRhs.png

Interesting, I have a similiar blue screen with the exact same driver issue. Using HD 7950 if that helps.

Turfster

My PC just blue screened while playing Saints Row 4. :/ It seems to be the same problem that made me blue screen when playing CSGO a few weeks ago, but this time another driver is highlighted in BlueScreenView. I'm not sure what to do. :(
Have you tried rolling back to an older version of the AMD drivers?

Nete

Last chance to kick doors!

s-w-a-t-o.gif

If you don't have any idea of what this game is about, check the impressions I wrote this morning. Remember is still in early access, but it already has tons of fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Door Kickers -- MB-53E6C8ADA6447F35 - Taken by Strazyplus. 32 entrants total.

t1407712798z1.png

Sharkiller

Comparison:

Last month's BSOD
nfGaNv8.png

Today's BSOD
1M2hRhs.png

I had 4 BSOD this week. 2 playing AC4 for a 2 hours and 2 instantly after open a new streaming page linked here. I don't remember the page but is BSOD instantly after start loading.
I thought that my card is dying but now could be a driver problems (i hope). All bsod related to atikmdag.sys

saunderez

I had 4 BSOD this week. 2 playing AC4 for a 2 hours and 2 instantly after open a new streaming page linked here. I don't remember the page but is BSOD instantly after start loading.
I thought that my card is dying but now could be a driver problems (i hope). All bsod related to atikmdag.sys

It's definitely just the driver. If you're not on the stable I'd roll back. I don't get the crashes as often as you're getting them but I do get them from time to time on the beta.

Turfster

It's definitely just the driver. If you're not on the stable I'd roll back. I don't get the crashes as often as you're getting them but I do get them from time to time on the beta.
I'm running a version that's half a year old by now and haven't gotten a single crash or bluescreen in all that time.
"Recent" ATI/AMD drivers have always been cursed.

saunderez

I'm running a version that's half a year old by now and haven't gotten a single crash or bluescreen in all that time.
"Recent" ATI/AMD drivers have always been cursed.

Yeah ever since the Mantle stuff went in they've been a bit crashy. Some builds moreso than others.

You can say that for a lot of games, unfortunately. Divinity's badges are just basically recolored versions of each other, but they don't look too terrible, just really lazy.
I remember Sleeping Dogs's backgrounds are all lazy and bland.
He's like a dolphin. Only half his brain sleeps at a time.
Pretty helpful for a person with only half a brain working at a time.
I would buy it !
Paid drivers? Please don't give them ideas.

So, uh, finished The Wonderful 101 today and came back to a booster pack in my inventory.

Almost sold it for $0.40, but decided to open it up.

Not bad. My second foil ever, and at least this one is worth more than $0.12 I ended up selling the other one for.

Shadownet

Banned
So, uh, finished The Wonderful 101 today and came back to a booster pack in my inventory.

Not bad. My second foil ever, and at least this one is worth more than $0.12 I ended up selling the other one for.

That's a badass card.

iosefe

too awesome to sell. keep it

DogMeat77

Lunar Flight:

This game has Oculus Rift support !

Lunar Flight had one of the best Oculus Rift implementations in DK1. Sean said he will be updating it for DK2 but it will probably take a few weeks because of the issues introduced in SDK .4.

Anyhow, enjoy the game. It really is great. One of the few games where I would just completely get lost in the Rift. Also can be pretty difficult. Not quite a simulator... not quite arcade... but just about right.

Ozium

Lunar Flight had one of the best Oculus Rift implementations in DK1. Sean said he will be updating it for DK2 but it will probably take a few weeks because of the issues introduced in SDK .4.

Anyhow, enjoy the game. It really is great. One of the few games where I would just completely get lost in the Rift. Also can be pretty difficult. Not quite a simulator... not quite arcade... but just about right.

How comparable is the controls and feeling in Lunar Flight to Kerbal Space Program?

I'm interested in KSP but want to know what I'd be getting myself into..

chixdiggit

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chixdiggit, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mata Hari -- MB-278F4A949FB3F5BB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.

t1407728159z1.png

Mono

i still can't believe i sold a foil for like 17 bucks once

ppl were nuts back in beta lol

For sure! I was selling normal cards for the amount that foils go for now! I really wish I could have gotten a foil drop back then. You're lucky!

zkylon

zkylewd
For sure! I was selling normal cards for the amount that foils go for now! I really wish I could have gotten a foil drop back then. You're lucky!
yea i made a fortune during the beta days

feel a bit guilty now but hey it went towards good causes aka indie games

A friend sold a Pure Pool foil for $6 just the other day. There's still some whales out there you just gotta be lucky I guess.
yea i'm sitting on this tits foil that can't seem to be able to sell and average price keeps going down and down

hopefully i'll get about 2 bucks or something for it, but it's kind of a bummer

i just collect bit by bit and suddenly hotline miami 2 <3

Mono

Just came across this game while browsing the store and it looks amazing..

Point Perfect

Omg, that's like being bored in MS paint and making boxes on the desktop, but actually a game! Looks interesting!

yea i made a fortune during the beta days

feel a bit guilty now but hey it went towards good causes aka indie games

No reason to be guilty! I don't think anyone could have known how much the prices were going to drop since there were so few games with cards back when it was in beta!

DogMeat77

How comparable is the controls and feeling in Lunar Flight to Kerbal Space Program?

I'm interested in KSP but want to know what I'd be getting myself into..

I've never played KSP so I couldn't really say. I watched some videos of the controls for KSP just now and the little kerbal thruster pack does seem kind of similar with the methodical and controlled movement that excels in Lunar Flight.

KingDirk

Started Analogue: A Hate Story and I've enjoyed it, but know some dark twists are probably headed my way. I've been holding off on
enabling the second AI
because of this fear. Does thos game have multiple endings? Or is that a spoiler unto itself?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Started Analogue: A Hate Story and I've enjoyed it, but know some dark twists are probably headed my way. I've been holding off on
enabling the second AI
because of this fear. Does thos game have multiple endings? Or is that a spoiler unto itself?

It does have multiple endings, yes. The dark twists are part of the game though, it isn't exactly a traditional VN story. Hate Plus is even darker.

zkylon

zkylewd
enabling the second AI
you get different endings based on your answers through the game as well as some other choices

iirc (which i probably do as i've beaten this game like 6 times) there's no negative consequences to enabling ai number two and you have to do it as part of the story but i've beaten hate plus a good number of times too so i get the two of em mixed up a bit

No reason to be guilty! I don't think anyone could have known how much the prices were going to drop since there were so few games with cards back when it was in beta!
yea i just did the same as i do now that's just match the lowest price or go a bit lower and see what happens

so yea, a bit guilty, but won't be bothered too much about it

The case of the Xs matches the case of the missing letters in the URL.

One Way Heroics:
(Sega's Legendary Arcade Division behind Daytona and Virtua Fighter - XX2)

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=wYux6cKhkCfv**FU

Ys Origin:
(People often misspell this title: Samurai XXodown)

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MkUY8YWs2FZK**qu

Pixeljunk Shooter:
(Kung Lao's lame MK1 fatality is done by pressing F,X,B,X,F)

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=xx8Ek8SwbqGV4**A

Hope this wasn't too obscure. Basically the missing letters in the URL are the X or x in the hint, with the case matching the case in the URL.

KingDirk

Thanks Cheesecake and Zkylon. I'm looking forward to the darkness, but had an idea that the first play through I'd be nice and hang out with the first AI as long as I could, and then try different strategies for the subsequent. Is there a New Game+ or equivalent?

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i played both hate plus and analogue so many times cos they're both amazing games

a lot of people are missing out on em, give them a shot, go bake a cake, ppl

Thanks Cheesecake and Zkylon. I'm looking forward to the darkness, but had an idea that the first play through I'd be nice and hang out with the first AI as long as I could, and then try different strategies for the subsequent. Is there a New Game+ or equivalent?
not really ng+ as nothing carries over but since you've beaten the game already you can like skip a lot of dialogue, etc. and get to the parts you want pretty quick. also since this is a renpy thing you can like use scroll wheel to check if you got the intended response out of your answers, etc.

i still recommend if you feel like starting it again after you beat it to read a few logs again to find all the foreshadowing and cool details that sneaked past you on first time.

also your strategy's alright, best way to play this game is not think too much about it and just say whatever you feel like saying. then after you've beaten it you can experiment all you want

game's not crazy divergent or anything so don't really go expecting that but it's still full of nice little moments depending on the character you make for yourself. also the writing's great

KingDirk

I really liked Digital, so I'm expecting good things. I really love sci-fi explorations of human nature (or however you'd word that to sound less like a pretentious wank) and this seems to scratch that itch. I'm kinda bummed there's not an equivalent to Her in a video game format, it'd be a nice fit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really liked Digital, so I'm expecting good things. I really love sci-fi explorations of human nature (or however you'd word that to sound less like a pretentious wank) and this seems to scratch that itch. I'm kinda bummed there's not an equivalent to Her in a video game format, it'd be a nice fit.
i think you won't be disappointed

u should play don't take it personally babe too if you have the time someday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom