• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if these don't work, but they should!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ingueferroque, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Wizardry 8 -- MB-713E84A2D9AEAEF6 - Taken by KingDirk
System Shock 2 -- MB-57C555C0D8EBB112 - Taken by Oublieux

Oublieux

I just got another blue screen while playing SR4, even though I uninstalled Catalyst 14.7 and reinstalled 14.4. :/

I had the same problem with an R9 290. I exchanged the card for a new one via warranty; I've only had one blue screen since whereas before, it would occur more frequently (although a bit unpredictably) in Titanfall and Diablo 3, which were the only games I had been playing at the time.

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually played that when it came out! Didn't care g or the monologue at the end but ultimately enjoyed it.
yeah i think the moral of the story or whatever isn't necessarily one i agree with but i'm glad
it did get me to question shit even if ultimately i didn't come to the same conclusion as cl did

that's the point of all of this in the end, just try and poke inside your own head a bit.

Oublieux

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oublieux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hell Yeah! Plus DLC (Steam) -- MB-DC2D96F70F630370 - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.

t1407725699z1.png

Khronico

Ugh this new pc has me considering buying games I've already played on ps3 just to experience that sweet, sweet 60fps. I've already added like 4 games the past two days.

wilflare

10:55AM
going off to campus for the first class of my last undergraduate semester
pretty intensive semester with 3 research modules (history) + 1 programming module (I'm gonna learn Python - inspired by jshackles and stump!)

so some changes need to be made
- I would guess that I'll be posting less (than I am already posting), would probably lurk around
- hope to join you guys on more Games Nites (those few sessions of CSGO I had the chance to join were pretty fun... that knives-only matches lol)
- I'll be around on Steam to chat (idle master)

have fun folks, lol summer was pretty fun with you guys around!

Mono

pretty intensive semester with 3 research modules (history) + 1 programming module (I'm gonna learn Python - inspired by jshackles and stump!)

- I would guess that I'll be posting less (than I am already posting), would probably lurk around
- hope to join you guys on more Games Nites (those few sessions of CSGO I had the chance to join were pretty fun... that knives-only matches lol)

Best of luck to you!! \o/ That sounds like a rough workload. And wow, your uni starts early!

Khronico

Dude have fun. Python is pretty cool and a really easy language to pick up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well folks, the M&M promotion comes to a close at Midnight Eastern tonight, so it looks we can post the final tallies:

In an incredibly definitive first place, with $222 dollars of M&M codes contributed is Jawmuncher! Fun fact: the Agol Velociraptor from Dino Crisis 3 is 222 centimeters tall. Coincidence?

Of course, thank you to everyone who gave a code and watched the Serious Streams. Special thanks to the following people who gave codes since the last update: Xclash for 1 code, default two for 3 codes, myshkin for 4 codes, cloudius12 for 4 codes, jawmuncher for 7 codes, Stallion Free for 3 codes, shadownet for 4 codes (and for still collecting them even while in the hospital!), and last but not least, BinaryPork2737 for 1 code.

Without further ado, the full scoreboard:

M&M Scoreboard said:
222 from Jawmuncher
198 from Morningbus
102 from Toki767
96 from default two
90 from Anustart
84 from Cloudius12
72 from Chocobro
72 from Stallion Free
60 from BinaryPork2737
54 from Myshkin
48 from shadownet
48 from Xclash
42 from Mokoi
36 from Mono
36 from CorrosiveFrost
30 from Cheddahz
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
24 from Servizio
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic

Grand Total: $1,434.00
Number of codes entered: 239
Number of months paid: 17+

Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you posted when/if the full rebates get posted to my account. We're still at $588.00 applied to the account, but Verizon is terrible and takes a while to do anything.

saunderez

So I finished Saint's Row IV last night....and is it just me or did those last few missions drag on to the point of tedium for everyone? If I never have to play another "Defend X" or "Destroy X of Y" mission for the rest of my life it'll be too soon.

So I finished Saint's Row IV last night....and is it just me or did those last few missions drag on to the point of tedium for everyone? If I never have to play another "Defend X" or "Destroy X of Y" mission for the rest of my life it'll be too soon.

once the novelty of being able to do things like running up buildings etc wore off I thought the whole game in general was kind of mediocre as a whole Then again I know some people really enjoyed it so meh

saunderez

once the novelty of being able to do things like running up buildings etc wore off I thought the whole game in general was kind of mediocre as a whole Then again I know some people really enjoyed it so meh
I was enjoying it until the missions all started to get really samey. The
Iron Man armour for the final level
misses the mark because you've got super powers the entire game, it would have been far more exciting in a more grounded game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So uh, a friend dropped me a Steam key but won't tell me what the game is. I have (very good) reasons to believe he's playing a joke on me and the game will end up being something really awful (and possibly embarrassing to have in my library :p) so I didn't redeem the key yet. He also steadfastly refuses to tell me what the game is, and when I threatened to give away the key to someone else he said "you're no fun" (which only increased my suspicions).

Is there any way to check what the key is for without redeeming it?

Indignate

I found Rise of Incarnates to be really simple and boring.

So uh, a friend dropped me a Steam key but won't tell me what the game is. I have (very good) reasons to believe he's playing a joke on me and the game will end up being something really awful (and possibly embarrassing to have in my library :p) so I didn't redeem the key yet. He also steadfastly refuses to tell me what the game is, and when I threatened to give away the key to someone else he said "you're no fun" (which only increased my suspicions).

Just redeem it, gosh.

mannerbot

Sure, just give it to JaseC to redeem since he already owns everything. Duh.

I was enjoying it until the missions all started to get really samey. The
Iron Man armour for the final level
misses the mark because you've got super powers the entire game, it would have been far more exciting in a more grounded game.

I don't know what they're planning to do for a SR 5
seeing as how they destroyed earth
but I hope it's a more fleshed out game. Having to do a lot of the minigames/side missions in SR4(which were mostly from 3) to progress in the main story left a bad taste in my mouth

mannerbot

Forgive my ignorance (I rarely hang out in the Steam threads), but I can't tell whether you're serious or yanking my chain... >_>

Well, it's kind of a joke but it will also work. If you redeem a key for a game that you already own, it doesn't use up the key but it does prompt you to install whichever game it was.

Mono

I'm kind of avoiding the main missions and having fun just running around, climbing buildings, and stealing cool cars. And I've probably put a few too many hours in customizing clothes and vehicles, lol.

saunderez

I don't know what they're planning to do for a SR 5
seeing as how they destroyed earth
but I hope it's a more fleshed out game. Having to do a lot of the minigames/side missions in SR4(which were mostly from 3) to progress in the main story left a bad taste in my mouth

I'd like a full reboot to be honest. Either go back to Stilwater and start afresh or create whole new series with a whole new version of the Saints.

I'm kind of avoiding the main missions and having fun just running around, climbing buildings, and stealing cool cars. And I've probably put a few too many hours in customizing clothes and vehicles, lol.

There's some really cool missions, don't get me wrong. But the last 4 or 5 are about as anti-climatic and tedious as it gets.

Been putting a bunch of time into Saints Row IV

- Still suffers from being a non-medy. (Yeah I'm using the term from redlettermedia) The jokes are either bad or poorly delivered. SR2 and SR1 to an extent were funny and had some great one-liners. SR3 and this game though? ehhhhhh
-I didn't like how a lot of missions in SR3 were basically side-activities that were dressed u p as "oh hey a story-related NPC said for you to do this." SR4 adds even MORE of them.
- Vehicles are pointless. Yes I know this has been ran into the ground but yeah, all they seem to be good for is getting blown up. Having upgradeable vehicles like Crackdown could have been really interesting. Instead it just feels like padding to have some extra activities.
-Steelport still sucks, even virtually.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, it's kind of a joke but it will also work. If you redeem a key for a game that you already own, it doesn't use up the key but it does prompt you to install whichever game it was.
Ah, well, my boyfriend got annoyed and offered to redeem the key for me... he has 300+ games and says he doesn't care about having a stupid game taint his list.
Turns out it was this game (so I was right XD):
Creepy brony-like game
lol. Apparently JaseC does have that game too!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Would've backfired if it was something you really wanted though!
Nah, family sharing ;) I have access to all his games. But I was 99% sure it was gonna be something stupid. lol @ the reviews of that game, the "most helpful" one is so over the top it almost stops being funny and is more groan worthy haha.

I'd like a full reboot to be honest. Either go back to Stilwater and start afresh or create whole new series with a whole new version of the Saints.

There's some really cool missions, don't get me wrong. But the last 4 or 5 are about as anti-climatic and tedious as it gets.

I really wish they just kept SR4 as a DLC as it was originally intended to be. SR4 went too far imo in the amount of craziness that it kind of hurt the game. If they did "reboot" the series I hope they go back toward what SR2 in terms of scope. I never did beat SR2 but I felt that one was the best game in the series. It's a shame that the PC port is basically garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom