• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

oh man.. gamescom tomorrow. you guys think microsoft will announce anything PC related at their xbox conference?

Microsoft don't care about PC gaming. So no, I don't. I also expect the standard reply of 'we're renewing our focus on PC games' to come after gamescom in an interview somewhere.

Besides, the proper place to announce PC gaming news is at DOTA2 tournaments and the like.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why you gotta be like that?

Also, this would just mean more games to never buy and play when they're free on PS+ =p
That's been my approach. I've never been able to stick to it. Although having a pc helps.

Are you asking me how stupid publishers can be? :p

image.php

well I'm back and exhausted. All of my crap is now in a different house and now begins the long process of unpacking.

Since the dicks at Comcast neglected to mention our current location isn't wired yet, no internet until Wednesday at the earliest.

I miss vidya games.

Saty

oh man.. gamescom tomorrow. you guys think microsoft will announce anything PC related at their xbox conference?
When Spencer was tweeted before E3 about when can we learn about Microsoft's newly commitment on PC, he said\suggested it will be at Gamescom.

well I'm back and exhausted. All of my crap is now in a different house and now begins the long process of unpacking.

Since the dicks at Comcast neglected to mention our current location isn't wired yet, no internet until Wednesday at the earliest.

I miss vidya games.

They did the same thing to me. I called them a month in advance to tell them the exact date I'd need my service switched, and all they do is schedule someone to come out on that date...to say "oh, there's no line yet, we'll have to send someone out in a week or so."

When Spencer was tweeted before E3 about when can we learn about Microsoft's newly commitment on PC, he saidsuggested it will be at Gamescom.
Xbox One controller with wireless dongle would be nice, then we have the option of both wired and wireless in one controller.

Jawmuncher

I think I'll have to wait until I can hook my PC back up to a monitor to try out divintyOS. Looking way too small at 1920x1080 and my couch and tv aren't that far apart.

MadGear

They will announce that they still don't give a shit :D
But honestly, i doubt MS will use a stage to announce PC related stuff. They simply want to draw the most possible attention to the Xbox One only, especially with all the attention these conferences create.

An besides, i doubt they would have much to announce anyway. A wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller maybe, but thats the limit of support i expect towards pc gaming by Microsoft.

kudoboi

When Spencer was tweeted before E3 about when can we learn about Microsoft's newly commitment on PC, he said\suggested it will be at Gamescom.

yeah i remembered that too. hopefully its not just false hopes though

they have been teasing halo on PC for awhile now. with major nelson playing halo on a MS surface and the halo mouse that was announced

i mean.. those 2 have to mean something right? or else they are just rubbing more salt to a wound

I think I'll have to wait until I can hook my PC back up to a monitor to try out divintyOS. Looking way too small at 1920x1080 and my couch and tv aren't that far apart.

Welp... that just delayed (or killed) my purchase. I'm 100% PC couch gaming right now. I don't mind using a kb/m but if I can't see the screen..... nope.

They did the same thing to me. I called them a month in advance to tell them the exact date I'd need my service switched, and all they do is schedule someone to come out on that date...to say "oh, there's no line yet, we'll have to send someone out in a week or so."

I'mma be pisssssed if they have to do ANOTHER trip out. I'm already mad I have to call back and let them know I'm not paying the X number of days we're without service.

RAGE

Echoplx

IIRC they added a UI scaling option in the last patch, give that a try if you haven't already.

Zaphod

Yeah Divinity would seem a bit tougher to play on a controller? Does it actually have controller support I never looked into it haha.

I don't need a controller to play on a couch, as a wireless trackball and keyboard have served me well for years. Tiny text on a UI is needlessly annoying when there is not a scaling option.

IIRC they added a UI scaling option in the last patch, give that a try if you haven't already.

Good to know. I really want this game.

Jawmuncher

Just what I needed!

Oh... I don't doubt that. It's just that I need to be able to see the screen to play. I don't even have an office room anymore. So I only game from my couch on a 50" screen.

I don't need a controller to play on a couch, as a wireless trackball and keyboard have served me well for years. Tiny text on a UI is needlessly annoying when there is not a scaling option.

Good to know. I really want this game.

Just found the option guys and it looks just fine now.

Lomax

Alexander the IV is such a fucking crock of shit in Rogue Legacy. Whole boss is just play rng and see how long you can last til you lose!

Shadow thing is nigh on worthless because the skulls will camp right on fuckign top of it, you cant safely move anywhere because shit is flying everyone off screen. This is the dumbest shit I've ever encountered.

But he's dead.

Those bosses are so bad that when they added them to the game, it actually diminished my overall opinion of it. I don't think the game would have gotten nearly the positive buzz it did around here had it shipped with them included, they are horribly designed and unbalanced and don't suit the playstyle of the rest of the game at all. They also destroyed a lot of people's perfect game achievements as well.

On that note, Steam really needs to give games the ability to segregate achievements for individual DLC instead of just lumping them in with the base game. Then you could have things like each Pinball FX2 table having its own set of achievements instead of one massive list, you could keep the base game and DLC achievements separate, and it makes the DLC and expansion products more distinct. Can't imagine it will ever happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom