• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Worst thing about Beyond Good And Evil was how quickly it ended. It felt like it barely scratched it's potential.

Yeah, I forgot to mention this.

I guess it was one of the first times Ubi pulled this kind of open ending teasing a sequel even if there was no sequel planned yet, as they were waiting for sale figures to decide.

Strider

Who's up for some Speedrunners?

1. InvisibleStride
2. Dunder
3. iosefe
4. Kirura

Just quote this or message me or Dunder on steam.

Edit: full

KainXVIII

DONTNOD is back

d1f52592379a0ce3a5c9068b193a7784.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872231

WTH with that ps2 era hair?

Ah, well, my boyfriend got annoyed and offered to redeem the key for me... he has 300+ games and says he doesn't care about having a stupid game taint his list.
Turns out it was this game (so I was right XD):
Creepy brony-like game[...]
Having "crap" games on your account is basically having a badge of honor. You wear it proud!
Also this game has cards. You messed up son.
Wool I'm going back to NYC tonight! That means by tomorrow I'll be reuinited with my steam account after nearly a month + I have a reason to come back here :3 everyone can stop crying for me now.
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed the sandy beaches. So jelly.
Can't even wrap my head around what you have missed on Steam in the last month.
I have a vita :p but I loaned it to that girl I went on those dates with. (which honestly I don't think will work out.)
[...]
She wanted your p
svita
and she got it firmly in her hands now. Sorry for your loss.

Sendou

Got all achievements in Scribblenauts Unlimited (my 10th perfect game).

scribblenautsnkjgl.png

Pretty basic achievements essentially requiring you to 100% the game and try out the user created content a bit. Still it's a fun game to mess around in short burts. The basic concept "write anything and it comes to life" remains cool.

Grief.exe

Can't say if the technical quality still holds up (nor how is the PC conversion, as I played it on Gamecube back in the day), but I firmly think it's the best Zelda-like game ever together with Okami. Of course themes couldn't be more different, but the actual gameplay is the same.

I'd love to play it again but evry time it goes on sale I miss it (or it likely doesn't go down enough for me to justify a double dip on a game I already own, I've already played and this version isn't some kind of HD remaster).

Checked out PC gaming wiki and the PC port looks fairly solid. 60 FPS and a wide screen patch to play natively above 4:3.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Checked out PC gaming wiki and the PC port looks fairly solid. 60 FPS and a wide screen patch to play natively above 4:3.

Did the community fix all the issues the PC port had finally? I was under the impression that the HD re-releases on consoles were better than the original on PC.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Turfster

God, the GMG 40-31 in their "50 games you must play" is so meh I don't even want to list them.
Good if you haven't bought any games in the last 10 years, I guess...

BorntoPlay

Today is my Birthday, so i want to give something to my favorite community....=D

Good Luck!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Demonicon The Dark Eye -- MB-211048F919112375 - Taken by hitoshi. 40 entrants total.

t1407858480z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
God, the GMG 40-31 in their "50 games you must play" is so meh I don't even want to list them.
Good if you haven't bought any games in the last 10 years, I guess...

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition is the only thing that stands out. It's $8.16 after using the O7CNAE-Z1Y29P-QZAJ1I coupon, which is the cheapest it's ever been.

Jawmuncher

Thanks to the generous gift from a frosty gaffer, I was able to play through Transistor today, so here are some impressions:
V5UrUVC.png

Transistor takes place inside a digitized reality. You play as a woman named Red and are thrown right into the game (no menus or options, the game just starts). Visually, the game is incredibly beautiful. It has a very pleasing art style that creates a great atmosphere through its use of colour. You can control Red with either keyboard + mouse or with a gamepad. They both work very well, so what you choose is simply a matter of preference.

As someone who loves turn-based combat, I had quite a bit of fun in this game. You can either run around and engage the enemies in real time, or freeze the game and carefully plan your moves, before unfreezing and unleashing your plan on your foes. Most of the time, I used a mix of both. You acquire different abilities and are able to modify them to your liking, so that you can greatly vary your strategy by trying out different combinations. Like in Bastion you can change the difficulty of the combat to your liking by using different limiters.
I liked how you temporarily lose an ability every time your life bar hits 0, which forces you to experiment with different abilities and play styles. What I didn’t like is that you can only look at what functions you’ve equipped at access points, I would have liked to inspect them whenever.
FyP5FGe.png

Scattered around the world are lots of terminals, through which you can access some backstory, take part in polls or even order delivery. I thought this part of the world building was very well done.
Apart from fighting and reading texts you find, there isn’t a lot to do in this game. I thought it was a shame that there doesn’t seem to be a lot of exploration. The level design pretty much just makes you move from one battle to the next (and those battles could have been a bit more varied).

The story in this game is told in a very vague way, so that the players can come to their own conclusions. Although I like not having everything spelled out for me, I would have appreciated a few more titbits about the world of this game, its characters and their motivation. There are quite a lot of things I’m confused about after finishing the game. For example, I’m still not sure what exactly the Transistor is or where it came from and how
many of them there even are
. If the Transistor
stole Reds voice
, how the hell is she humming? That was a charming feature, but it didn't make any sense to me. Maybe those things are explained somewhere in the game and I just missed it.
jAAXRFW.png

Overall I really enjoyed my time with this game, even if there are some areas it could improve on.

When it came to the story and such we definitely have different opinions. I liked it staying vague and not answering to much. Also enjoyed that the game was pretty straightforward in terms of exploration. Though overall we both enjoyed it so that's what matters in my book. Thanks for the impressions.

Strider

Age of Mythology for $8.15 is absolutely worth it. My favorite game of all time so I'm biased, but even if you're not into MP then campaign is worth that price alone.

Got all achievements in Scribblenauts Unlimited (my 10th perfect game).

scribblenautsnkjgl.png

Pretty basic achievements essentially requiring you to 100% the game and try out the user created content a bit. Still it's a fun game to mess around in short burts. The basic concept "write anything and it comes to life" remains cool.

Congrats! I tried to 100% Scribblenauts but those achievements got really boring after a while. Maybe I'll teach my niece how to play it and have her do it for me this weekend.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

also - Dead Island 2 gameplay trailer :) looks like it might be a fun little game :)

What is different about the gameplay this time around?

for me, the pyramid of awful goes as such:
Code:
        /\
  Dead Island
      /     \
  Borderlands
   /          \
    Serious Sam

Edit: Oh no, my pyramid!

Knurek

Be sure to play with KB+M though, the game was made way before XInput and as such doesn't have controller icons. Maybe there's a community patch for it, but it still plays best with mouse for aiming/camera control.
Since Kya: Dark Lineage is PS2 exclusive, this is quite possibly the best Zelda-like on PC. (Fair warning: I haven't played Darksiders yet).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
DualWielding. Aside from that the regular gameplay looks similar aside from perhaps more items to combine like Dead Rising.

While I did personally enjoy the game more than Borderlands 2 (even if I can admit it is technically of a lower quality), the game is still in my top 5 worst-gaming-experiences-that-aren't-universally-considered-terrible.

The game is going to have to be something more than a co-op offline MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom