• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Looks like a pretty interesting premise, but then again so did Remember Me and the execution was somewhat lacking. Will definitely keep an eye out for it though.

Wool I'm going back to NYC tonight! That means by tomorrow I'll be reuinited with my steam account after nearly a month + I have a reason to come back here :3 everyone can stop crying for me now.

If you like "Cook, serve, delicious" you may also like this one, it's very good.
Oh well, I may elaborate a little more.

You run a restaurant and there are some monsters - who are your customers - waiting in line outside.
Basically you have to let them sit and serve them quickly - otherwise they leave and don't pay you, affecting your final score -, besides there are some monsters who don't go along well ith others so they have not to sit near to each as they tend to brawl.
Another element is combos, if you streamline all the workflow you get higher scores so there's a lot of multi-task action going on.

Happy Monday

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Famaze -- MB-E349FE67540DF631 - Taken by Benedict
Aeon Command -- MB-8F608E459605D559 - Taken by Kifimbo
Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside -- MB-1A668CA391AD85CF - Taken by bluechox2
Blockland -- MB-9398CC14B846C627 - Taken by dave is ok
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade -- MB-C771ED4091EE0236 - Taken by arts&crafts
Etherlords II -- MB-DE177D7BDDE144A9 - Taken by drakaenae
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-9112C45682500D33 - Taken by ReduxMachine
N.P.P.D. RUSH - The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-D797BCBF2EAF8B0D - Taken by Saty
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-2BBA9CE3D9F92808 - Taken by KingDirk
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-51A51D6D919A269A - Taken by Woody Invincible
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-622E1636835D12D6 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Frozen Hearth -- MB-9674662CC7763EAE - Taken by saunderez

It's a good Diner Dash clone with zombies and monsters, it's really nothing like CSD.

Yeah, I know that Cook, serve, delicious is a different game, maybe I mentioned it as you have to serve quickly your customers, anyway I have edited my previous post elaborating a little more.

Saty

I don't follow bundles but this explains why so many people already own it

Those were before the Steam release. How can you put your game on Steam for 15$ and then put the game in a cheap bundle one week after? There should be 'ethics' for those kind of stuff. Don't put your newly released game in a bundle until after X months\weeks. You are screwing your most important supporters. Game didn't sell well on Steam in the first week? So do a discount there. The Sun at Night didn't have any sales - put it in a weekend\midweek\all week sale.

Jawmuncher

I broke my sword in divinity since I wanted to break a level 5 chest and didn't see the lock pick right by it. Thank god I found this hammer.

Not really, no. Mind expanding on the actual similarities?

It has been a long time since I played BG&E but i Keep remembering a part where you are in a hoverboat (like HL2) and have to break into a building with patrolling guys but after looking at screen shots that is only a small part of the game. Great game BTW.

XShagrath

why the hype on this mini metro game?
I didn't know anything about it until today. It looked pretty neat, so I went ahead and pre-ordered. I feel it'll be a fun little timewaster, and seems like it'll be my wife's kinda game too.

I also just picked up Crazy Plant Shop, since the sale is over today. My wife has a huge love for botany, so any game that she'll spend time with is a purchase for my account.

Newblade

Redacted

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Famaze -- MB-A696CD30DD4BB111 - Taken by deejay

Jawmuncher

I've never actually played BG&E, but I always hear how good it is.

What is the game about? Does its quality still hold up?

I was recently playing it about a year ago and it. Definitely holds up. If you want a Zelda like game but with a unique scifi setting and look its well worth your time.

Copons

Can't say if the technical quality still holds up (nor how is the PC conversion, as I played it on Gamecube back in the day), but I firmly think it's the best Zelda-like game ever together with Okami. Of course themes couldn't be more different, but the actual gameplay is the same.

I'd love to play it again but evry time it goes on sale I miss it (or it likely doesn't go down enough for me to justify a double dip on a game I already own, I've already played and this version isn't some kind of HD remaster).

Yakkue

Thanks to the generous gift from a frosty gaffer, I was able to play through Transistor today, so here are some impressions:
V5UrUVC.png

Transistor takes place inside a digitized reality. You play as a woman named Red and are thrown right into the game (no menus or options, the game just starts). Visually, the game is incredibly beautiful. It has a very pleasing art style that creates a great atmosphere through its use of colour. You can control Red with either keyboard + mouse or with a gamepad. They both work very well, so what you choose is simply a matter of preference.

As someone who loves turn-based combat, I had quite a bit of fun in this game. You can either run around and engage the enemies in real time, or freeze the game and carefully plan your moves, before unfreezing and unleashing your plan on your foes. Most of the time, I used a mix of both. You acquire different abilities and are able to modify them to your liking, so that you can greatly vary your strategy by trying out different combinations. Like in Bastion you can change the difficulty of the combat to your liking by using different limiters.
I liked how you temporarily lose an ability every time your life bar hits 0, which forces you to experiment with different abilities and play styles. What I didn’t like is that you can only look at what functions you’ve equipped at access points, I would have liked to inspect them whenever.
FyP5FGe.png

Scattered around the world are lots of terminals, through which you can access some backstory, take part in polls or even order delivery. I thought this part of the world building was very well done.
Apart from fighting and reading texts you find, there isn’t a lot to do in this game. I thought it was a shame that there doesn’t seem to be a lot of exploration. The level design pretty much just makes you move from one battle to the next (and those battles could have been a bit more varied).

The story in this game is told in a very vague way, so that the players can come to their own conclusions. Although I like not having everything spelled out for me, I would have appreciated a few more titbits about the world of this game, its characters and their motivation. There are quite a lot of things I’m confused about after finishing the game. For example, I’m still not sure what exactly the Transistor is or where it came from and how
many of them there even are
. If the Transistor
stole Reds voice
, how the hell is she humming? That was a charming feature, but it didn't make any sense to me. Maybe those things are explained somewhere in the game and I just missed it.
jAAXRFW.png

Overall I really enjoyed my time with this game, even if there are some areas it could improve on.

Teppic

It's Zelda + stealth. Story is about fighting a powerful organization that is corrupt. Has good gameplay with a bit of freedom. Also good characters and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom