• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

To be fair the game was on Xbox.
So no controller support there is weird even if it was before xinput

True, but that still shouldn't be a reason to dismiss new and improved Thief DS, the last good/real Thief game ;)

Also, pretty sure you can play Thief DS with a controller with something like joy2key or whatever it is the cool kids use these days.

Why do you make me sad?

if it makes you feel better, it seems that the game lends itself well to joy2key so i might go that option.

My PC is basically a HTPC/Steambox, connected to my TV as i don't have a monitor. Anything that doesn't have controller support is kind of a pain in the ass : /

Have you at least played one of the first two?

nope, though i owned Thief 1 many years back. Thief 3 is the only one that's kinda interested me because it's relatively modern when compared to T1 & T2 and had a console release, meaning that it would work decently enough with a pad.

Dr Dogg

I never know who half these characters are that you peeps mention in Street Fighter as for the past 22 years I've been pretty much press start, enter character select, cursor is already on Ryu, press select, fight! Works for me (well most of the time).

Double

Oh shit! I beat Spelunky for the first time! Eat it, Olmec!
given I googled how to beat him after I was standing there with no clue BUT WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANYWAYS! =)

chronomac

Does anyone know of a way to transfer Steam funds to someone else? I was going to try letting the person put up a cheap item on the market and then buying it from them for the price I wanted to transfer but Steam seems to have blocked that method.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
udfulv.png

hakan.jpg

bring it Nabs

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone know of a way to transfer Steam funds to someone else? I was going to try letting the person put up a cheap item on the market and then buying it from them for the price I wanted to transfer but Steam seems to have blocked that method.

Not yet, but about a month ago some code showed up in the trade windows that seems to indicate it's something Valve is working on allowing in the future.

Jawmuncher

I never know who half these characters are that you peeps mention in Street Fighter as for the past 22 years I've been pretty much press start, enter character select, cursor is already on Ryu, press select, fight! Works for me (well most of the time).

I have a friend who's the same. Ryu,ken, and Akuma only. I try to stick with shotos as well since I'm horrible at charge characters. Though Q in SF3 made me learn at least somewhat.

True, but that still shouldn't be a reason to dismiss new and improved Thief DS, the last good/real Thief game ;)

Also, pretty sure you can play Thief DS with a controller with something like joy2key or whatever it is the cool kids use these days.

My first thief game is going to be thi4f.
No regrets I always do it wrong so that way the older stuff will be better.

I think you'll be fine. Even with the EVO win rose isn't very common online last I played. Vega is a god choice though not a lot play him and he's always a pain in the right hands.

I've always had a thing for playing non-popular characters in fighting games. Or at least not any of the top five or so most common. I think that I just have it in my head how annoying it is to play 6 Ken / Akumas in a row so I like to contribute a little bit to the character variety pool. Plus I'm not a very good player so I feel like picking someone less common might actually be to my advantage. Players at any level are familiar with the toolsets of the most common opponents, but beginner players at the level that I play at might not be as fully familiar with what a less common character might do, so I figure that works to my advantage.

Amzin

I remember jshackles saying it doesn't currently work for non-English language regions, so it might be that's the case with you.

Does the Game of the Century edition of SR:IV come with a huge amount of DLC? GMG are offering it for £6.79, but I think I can get the GOTC edition from a trader for just a few pounds more.

There's a dedicated thread for IdleOverlord now, and as mentioned it may not work on non-English regions. But make sure your steamProfile URL is http, not https, I had the same error message because of that.

Link Man

Banned
Entered for Transistor, only to realize that I didn't have enough posts in the last thread to qualify. This community moves too quickly.

Turfster

nope, though i owned Thief 1 many years back. Thief 3 is the only one that's kinda interested me because it's relatively modern when compared to T1 & T2 and had a console release, meaning that it would work decently enough with a pad.

The Thief trilogy is a trilogy for a reason, btw ;)
There's marked character progression between the games, which influences on the world around you and there's callbacks to the happenings of the previous games.

Hugstable

Banned
There's a dedicated thread for IdleOverlord now, and as mentioned it may not work on non-English regions. But make sure your steamProfile URL is http, not https, I had the same error message because of that.

Ahh good, even though I don't really get to use it since I idled all my cards two weeks ago, this will be perfect when one of those bundles comes with alot of cards. Gonna probably use it to finish getting the cards for my brothers account as well. Such a useful tool, JShackles has done it again.

just a Humblebundle key

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mundharmonika, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Last Remnant -- MB-BAA930F92B16B40A - Taken by pupo. 5 entrants total.

t1406907565z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
Yes, but over 1200 posts already is a bit ridiculous. How many threads are we going to go through in a month?

New month, new thread and alot of game recommendations and releases these last 2 days. It usually cools down a bit after the first day of the new topic at least from what I saw with July OT3. Hopefully it can just be 2 OT this month if this thread goes the same speed as July OT3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
given I googled how to beat him after I was standing there with no clue BUT WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ANYWAYS! =)

Congrats. It's a milestone! Now time for Speedlunky.

wilflare

yea. so I can easily copy that list to my own spreadsheet or what not to mark as redeemed, given away, etc.

while they have been getting better - their system of marking as used or redeemed isn't reliable.. (Groupees wiped my tags I think recently...)

possible next project for jshackles? Bundle Manager - to help you track all your bundles (gets data from all the sites)
you can sort it by platform/service (Steam, Desura, GOG)
you can sort it by games (if you have multiple copies of the same game - it will show which bundle it is from) - you can mark redeemed or given away
you can sort it by bundle provider (humble Groupees etc)

I would pay for something like this.. and help send emails to the bundle providers to support the Bundle Manager api (if it ends up using an api)

hahaha anyone else possibly interested in the project?!

Oh, no.
Do yourself a favour and replay the PC version with a fresh renderer.

After having watched my brother play it on the PC shortly after i finished the PS2 version i've gotta say it was a pretty competent port. It's even better in some spots!

Aint got time for that anyhow, with this backlog hanging over my head like a dark cloud. There are a handful of games from that gen that i want to go back to and play, such as all the hitman games after H2 and thief 3. gotta keep trucking.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats! Now go to hell :)

Genki

Excited to see the Ultra is coming out soon, I'd forgotten the PC date. I keep thinking about getting back into some SFIV so this seems like a perfect time to do so. Only downside is that my usual main from back in the early super days (Rose) just won Evo. So I'm going to look like a bandwagon rider if I jump back on with her. Might move to Vega instead, I love me some poke characters.

Oh man, just saw the release date is the 8th. For some reason I had it down as the 5th :/. Although I should probably just hit training mode.

Martian

So, I recently built my own pc and I have 2 questions:

Is it possible to move steam games from my SSD to another internal drive? I only have 250 GB SSD and its size is shrinking as we speak.

And what are some must have games for me to play? I like RPGs like skyrim, RTS like total war and the walking dead (I own the above games).

Link Man

Banned
Its only 5 posts.. and it counts every Steam thread.

Every thread? I thought it only counted the current and previous thread.

Also, I noticed a few pages back that Might and Magic X - Legacy is on sale on Macgamestore, and includes a Steam key. Does this include the windows version? And is Uplay that much of a hassle to play this game?

Man I love Mike 'Mike Ross' Ross.

http://i.imgur.com/aeuuKiE.png[IMG]

Also, I am ready to play online and get absolutely slaughtered.[/QUOTE]

I feel so left out.
But I'll be there... I swear.

Try to keep my interest, please. I get bored so easily these days.
[QUOTE][IMG]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110729081521/streetfighter/images/f/f1/Cody-alternate.jpg

We're going to break MRORANGE'S brain, btw. :p

On SF4U does anyone else use Juri?
For her being so high on the popularity poll I rarely see her online.

I used Juri in SFxT -- I don't know if I can make the transition with her to Ultra, but she's on my list of characters to try.
And Juri might be higher tier now, but not high tier enough for everyone to jump on her bandwagon if they didn't already like her.

Hugstable

Banned
Is it every Steam thread or just the last one?

Also, I noticed a few pages back that Might and Magic X - Legacy is on sale on Macgamestore, and includes a Steam key. Does this include the windows version? And is Uplay that much of a hassle to play this game?

Ah okay it might just be the previous one and the current thread. I forget sometimes myself :p. Still it's only 5 posts so I don't think it's all to much when the thread goes for 20k posts.

Also I've had trouble with Uplay in the past back when like Blood Dragon came out, but it's not all that bad now, just another program running that you have to launch the game through. Don't know how Might and Magic works with it though.

StAidan

Yeah, it's just this thread and the most recent previous one. That basically means at 2-3 threads a month, you've got to post 10-15 times per month to stay eligible for nolurker giveaways. I generally find it's not too difficult -- I usually don't have time to post a lot, but I always have the thread open whenever I'm at a computer, so I manage to jump in any time I have something relatively useful to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom