• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I recently built my own pc and I have 2 questions:

Is it possible to move steam games from my SSD to another internal drive? I only have 250 GB SSD and its size is shrinking as we speak.

And what are some must have games for me to play? I like RPGs like skyrim, RTS like total war and the walking dead (I own the above games).

Divnity: Original Sin I would take a look at, fun RPG.

The Witcher and Witcher 2 are solid and might want to take a look at those as well.

I'd also keep an eye on Wasteland 2 which is launching soon.

I keep forgetting things, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is awesome as well.

Shadownet

Banned
That's pretty nice of you. And luckily for a few people, Shadownet's big giveaway was less than a week ago.

But sadly Transistor wasn't part of my giveaway. I wish it was now that I think about it.

I'm quite happy a good mix of both old and new members won something though :)

Deques

Every thread? I thought it only counted the current and previous thread.

Also, I noticed a few pages back that Might and Magic X - Legacy is on sale on Macgamestore, and includes a Steam key. Does this include the windows version? And is Uplay that much of a hassle to play this game?
It's a steamplay game, so it includes both versions

I got that SpeedRunners itch. Anyone up for a few rounds?
Would love to join, but I'm not home now :(

MUnited83

For you.
Every thread? I thought it only counted the current and previous thread.

Also, I noticed a few pages back that Might and Magic X - Legacy is on sale on Macgamestore, and includes a Steam key. Does this include the windows version? And is Uplay that much of a hassle to play this game?

Yes, it includes the Windows version. Every MAC game on Steam gives you the Windows version too, except for Black Ops.

Nzyme32

I never know who half these characters are that you peeps mention in Street Fighter as for the past 22 years I've been pretty much press start, enter character select, cursor is already on Ryu, press select, fight! Works for me (well most of the time).

I have a weird issue with Street Fighter games recently. I really liked the old SF2 and it's characters because they all felt interesting and unique somehow. Now I find all these new characters just fly right past me. They don't seem inspired or leave a lasting impression or depict an interesting personality.

Oddly Mortal Kombat characters (with the exception of past MK4 to MK8) seem immune to this despite some of the characters just being the same but a different colour. I at least seem to separate them out based on moves that match them and their personalities that are portrayed even from the ridiculously small opportunities in which they are able to do that. Maybe it's because their move sets are often related to a theme, where as some of the new street fighter characters are just all over the place?

Catshade

It's not Japanese developed, is it?

Wait, it's not? I blame the Katamari-like visual and the header image:

header_292x136.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
But sadly Transistor wasn't part of my giveaway. I wish it was now that I think about it.

I'm quite happy a good mix of both old and new members won something though :)

Have you played Transistor? You should go play Transistor! Finished off two more of my CS:GO missions this morning, got crap skins on both lol. Had to play the crazy Arms Race mode, was actually fun for a little bit for what it is, but only 3 maps in the rotation kinda sucks :(

Jawmuncher

I'd like to, but she seems kind of hard to use with the whole holding projectile charges, especially on a pad.

It's not Japanese developed, is it?

I play her with a pad and haven't had too much trouble. Though I'm not a high level player either though.

Genki

Wait, it's not? I blame the Katamari-like visual and the header image:

header_292x136.jpg

Took a bit of digging, but it seems not.

The hook: Lovely Planet is a first person shooter game of jumping and shooting set in a cutesy abstract world with its gameplay and setting heavily inspired by everything from Contra to my recent obsession with Japanese pop music videos.

I play her with a pad and haven't had too much trouble. Though I'm not a high level player either though.

I'll definitely give her a shot.

Shadownet

Banned
Have you played Transistor? You should go play Transistor! Finished off two more of my CS:GO missions this morning, got crap skins on both lol. Had to play the crazy Arms Race mode, was actually fun for a little bit for what it is, but only 3 maps in the rotation kinda sucks :(

No sadly I haven't play Transistor yet. Its on my must play wishlist though :) we need to do more CSGO today.
---------------------
OT
I feel like I can't even count on my best friend anymore. The amusement park trip that I've been looking forward to for pretty much the entire year has been cancelled because he "can't go". It was the only thing I wanted on my birthday.

Link Man

Banned
Ah okay it might just be the previous one and the current thread. I forget sometimes myself :p. Still it's only 5 posts so I don't think it's all to much when the thread goes for 20k posts.

Also I've had trouble with Uplay in the past back when like Blood Dragon came out, but it's not all that bad now, just another program running that you have to launch the game through. Don't know how Might and Magic works with it though.

It's a steamplay game, so it includes both versions

Would love to join, but I'm not home now :(

Yes, it includes the Windows version. Every MAC game on Steam gives you the Windows version too, except for Black Ops.

Thanks, might have to jump in at that price then.

No sadly I haven't play Transistor yet. Its on my must play wishlist though :) we need to do more CSGO today.
---------------------
OT
I feel like I can't even count on my best friend anymore. The amusement park trip that I've been looking forward to for pretty much the entire year has been cancelled because he "can't go". It was the only thing I wanted on my birthday.

That OT sucks to hear, Shadow, sorry : (
He either has a good reason or won't be your "best" friend anymore if he's actually just flaky, because you'd find better ones.

"You have a new item in your inventory."

I always think it is a booster pack, but it is a coupon. ;_;

I pretty much always expect it to be a coupon now :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
---------------------
OT
:(
It's a go for go.

That also reminds me that I need to call my best friend from high school. It's been a while since we've hung out.

Shadownet

Banned
That OT sucks to hear, Shadow, sorry : (
He either has a good reason or won't be your "best" friend anymore if he's actually just flaky, because you'd find better ones.
His reason was 1) because his girlfriend couldn't go. (Honestly she wasn't even part of the plan originally. It was just us two. 2) he said he's training for a new job this week. A job that I did not even hear about until 3 days ago. Which make me suspicious if it is even real.

Honestly it sounds like a bunch of BS, because I've been friend with him for so long. I know how whipped he is when he has a girlfriend. If she can't come, his interest take a nose dive because he rather be spending time with her. Example: his last girlfriend got him so whipped. Whenever it was guys night. He ALWAYS has to go home early because she needed to talk. One time we just got to the bowling alley. He picked up the phone and said "I have to go home... Cause my girlfriend is having cramps." She lives 2 hours away. Even if he was home, there was nothing he can do. Goddamn whipped I tell you.

Turfster

Deus Ex 1 on the PS2 was not a bad experience at all, despite purists slagging it off. Personally, I ended up enjoying it more on the PS2 than I did on the PC.

It wasn't *bad*, but it wasn't as good as the PC version ;)

GreenManGaming also has Saints Row IV at 60% off
Humble Store is selling Defender's Quest:Valley of the Forgotten at 66% off

Dr Dogg

My Steam profile is proudly saying I've played quite a lot of hours in the past 2 weeks. Hahaha yeah, no that's not really the case. To be fair at this rate of my drops I probably will have the maximum 336 hours until I got everything.

I have a friend who's the same. Ryu,ken, and Akuma only. I try to stick with shotos as well since I'm horrible at charge characters. Though Q in SF3 made me learn at least somewhat.

I have a weird issue with Street Fighter games recently. I really liked the old SF2 and it's characters because they all felt interesting and unique somehow. Now I find all these new characters just fly right past me. They don't seem inspired or leave a lasting impression or depict an interesting personality.

Oddly Mortal Kombat characters (with the exception of past MK4 to MK8) seem immune to this despite some of the characters just being the same but a different colour. I at least seem to separate them out based on moves that match them and their personalities that are portrayed even from the ridiculously small opportunities in which they are able to do that. Maybe it's because their move sets are often related to a theme, where as some of the new street fighter characters are just all over the place?

I have no idea why I do it with SF as other games I'm happy to try mixing it up. Tekken for instance I would either go for Paul or Law or for really special occasion when I could remember how to chain 10 throws together I'd play as King. But come Tekken 2 Lei was my go to character and I started to put some work with Jin as well. By the Time 3 came out Hwoarang would be my clutch character if things we're going well with a mixture of Bryan and Eddy if I was feeling particularly cheesy.

Marvel is a whole different kettle of fish as I'd pick some random combinations just for giggles.

Mortal Kombat has always felt to me like something worth exploring each character because the amount of specials and finishers unique to each was worth seeing first hand (though Liu Kang or Baraka are two I know the movesets off the top of my head).

Ah well seeing as Ultra is out in a week are we doing anything SteamGAFfy to celebrate? Latency and time related issues aside. Thread wide question so free feel to chip in anyone.

I'm spending my Friday night arguing with Sonic fans rather than playing more Shovel Knight.

Why?

I've come to the conclusion that each and every one of Man Puncher's post could be avatar quoted.

Uzzy

Ah well seeing as Ultra is out in a week are we doing anything SteamGAFfy to celebrate? Latency and time related issues aside. Thread wide question so free feel to chip in anyone.

I hope so. Perhaps a night of Super to send the old game out, then a night of Ultra.

Does anyone have a Divinity: OS key they are willing to sell? I am looking to pay $20 and pay with paypall.

figured I would check here first.

thank gaf.

-Deimos

Repost.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-7190C8A287E0E0A0 - Taken by Pop

Nabs

I plan on putting up a lobby (with direct link), along with a stream for others to laugh at. It should be fun.

I hope so. Perhaps a night of Super to send the old game out, then a night of Ultra.

Not a bad idea.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
for some reason, my Chrome isn't updating ES to version 6.5 :/

For some reason, Google hasn't published the new version I released last night yet. This is the longest it's ever taken for them, so I'm not sure what the issue is on their side.

Hopefully it'll get pushed through soon.

Its no worst than arguing with Megaman fans. We're a sad bunch sitting in a corner waiting for a ressurection that will never come.

As far as Megaman goes, trust me, you think you do, but really... you don't want a resurrection to come. Ever. Take solace in the fact that his creator is now making a spiritual successor in Mighty No. 9. I awaited Strider Hiryu's resurrection for over 20 years (since I missed Strider 2 on PSX) and I now I wish he'd just stayed dead outside of random cameo appearances in the MvC series.

Sonic is a different story though. I don't even feel like starting that debate up though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom