• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
if my steam activity looks kinda weird for the next 12 hours...

you all know why

wilflare

For some reason, Google hasn't published the new version I released last night yet. This is the longest it's ever taken for them, so I'm not sure what the issue is on their side.

Hopefully it'll get pushed through soon.

ah my bad :/ oh well hope Google gets the latest build pushed soon!
looking forward to trying the new notes feature!

thanks for the hardwork jshackles!

Shadownet

Banned
Yes but there have actually been recent Mega Man games that weren't burning garbage.

True, as a former Sonic fan. I cringed at all the new Sonic games.

As far as Megaman goes, trust me, you think you do, but really... you don't want a resurrection to come. Ever. Take solace in the fact that his creator is now making a spiritual successor in Mighty No. 9. I awaited Strider Hiryu's resurrection for over 20 years (since I missed Strider 2 on PSX) and I now I wish he'd just stayed dead outside of random cameo appearances in the MvC series.

Sonic is a different story though. I don't even feel like starting that debate up though. :p

Yeah Mighty No. 9 might be the only thing left to look forward to. Though I do hope they make a 3DS Battle Network game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Speedlunky? That doesn't sound healthy. Don't make me do that.

speedlunky is the most fun achievement to do

I've only done it on psn (vita), maybe I should try to do it on steam too

Kaleinc

Banned
Ah well seeing as Ultra is out in a week are we doing anything SteamGAFfy to celebrate? Latency and time related issues aside. Thread wide question so free feel to chip in anyone.
It would take a while to adjust to Ultra, PC only folks will play it like AE.

rookiejet

Ah well seeing as Ultra is out in a week are we doing anything SteamGAFfy to celebrate? Latency and time related issues aside. Thread wide question so free feel to chip in anyone.
I hope so. Perhaps a night of Super to send the old game out, then a night of Ultra.

The SteamGAF 2nd Games Night Saturday Night Showdown: Arcade Edition? Not For Long should be happening tomorrow, at the same time of last week's: 8pm EDT for the Endless Matches and tournament at 9pm EDT.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I can't finish Gundemonium Recolletion, even on Novice :( Final boss kicks my ass. These bullet hell shmups are hard as hell, at least I was able to finish Jamestown. I enjoyed that one more as well.

Dr Dogg

I hope so. Perhaps a night of Super to send the old game out, then a night of Ultra.

That's a pretty good idea. Well there's a week to sort out the finer details and such.

I plan on putting up a lobby (with direct link), along with a stream for others to laugh at. It should be fun.

Hahaha it's amazing to think all we used to do in here was be uber serious and moan about games with the occasional playing scattered in and now we're being a lot more sociable. I blame the Serious Stream.

if my steam activity looks kinda weird for the next 12 hours...

you all know why

I'm really playing Eets Munchies right now honest. Though I do have Deadfall Adventures on my account and that has lots of cards :(

It would take a while to adjust to Ultra, PC only folks will play it like AE.

Well hopefully we can all be fools together!

The SteamGAF 2nd Games Night Saturday Night Showdown: Arcade Edition? Not For Long should be happening tomorrow, at the same time of last week's: 8pm EDT for the Endless Matches and tournament at 9pm EDT.

Nice! I'll try to make sure I'm about (and sober).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well it looks like Deus Ex: The Fall was patched:
Hey folks,

Firstly, thanks for all your constructive feedback. I’d also like to thank you all for your patience.
I know it’s been a while since release, but we’ve been working hard in implementing new features and tweaking some performance issues you all fed back to us at launch.

Patch notes:

Changelog for update 1.0.1

Audio
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1 & 7.1 now supported

Controls
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom Key binding now supported

Stability
Movement/V-Sync Bug now addressed

Miscellaneous
Missing StringID 1942 issue now rectified

That’s all for this patch.

Seems pretty bare and I dunno if it fixes a lot of the problems with it since I haven't gotten to it.

Tellaerin

It wasn't *bad*, but it wasn't as good as the PC version ;)

I much preferred inventory management in the PS2 version, the gamepad control scheme they came up with worked very well IMO, assets had higher polycounts (character models in particular), and I liked the prerendered cutscenes (honestly, I wish someone would just rip them and mod them into the PC version). For me, that made up for the load times and the recut level layouts. YMMV, obviously, but I'd still recommend people at least check it out, to satisfy their curiosity if nothing else.

I'MA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!

Maybe it's just me, but I think the VA sounds like she's drunk off her ass when she delivers that line. >.>

Did they patch that recoil effect?

A few people here have mentioned that the exaggerated recoil effect in those .gifs was actually a glitch.

Toki767

I beat Rogue Legacy last night. It was pretty good. I feel like I was playing it wrong half the time though. Whenever I'd discover a boss door I'd try over and over and over to beat the boss even if I was underlevelled. Much easier to just keep exploring until you die and then start over again. By the time I hit the 4th boss I'd clear out the entire map and end up with a ton of gold to where I could gain 5 levels after one run. None of the bosses felt cheap though there were certainly cheap ways to win.
Dragon
and
Hokage
were my go-to classes. Fun game overall. If I weren't trying to finish 52 games this year, I'd maybe try to do the New Game+ option.

Tizoc

Idle Master's been stuck trying to get this one Card from Divinty OS. Guess I'll run the game soon and idle it so it doesn't run that game again.

Hugstable

Banned
Its no worst than arguing with Megaman fans. We're a sad bunch sitting in a corner waiting for a ressurection that will never come.

Megaman will come back someday... I believe! :(. At least I have so many games in the series and they're easy to play again. We also have Mighty No.9 to look forward too.

Finally got 1 Foil card. From the Banner Saga. "Raider" worth .95 cents. oh well..

Better than my foil being from EYE: Divine Cybermancy and being worth less than most regular cards

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
His reason was 1) because his girlfriend couldn't go. (Honestly she wasn't even part of the plan originally. It was just us two. 2) he said he's training for a new job this week. A job that I did not even hear about until 3 days ago. Which make me suspicious if it is even real.

Lost cause. He's gone until he get older and decides to change for himself.

My Steam profile is proudly saying I've played quite a lot of hours in the past 2 weeks. Hahaha yeah, no that's not really the case. To be fair at this rate of my drops I probably will have the maximum 336 hours until I got everything.

I actually prefer to play the games for the card drops.

SteamGAF, no game playing allowed. etc.

Oddly enough, the Steam backgrounds for Demonicon are some of the best.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hahaha it's amazing to think all we used to do in here was be uber serious and moan about games with the occasional playing scattered in and now we're being a lot more sociable. I blame the Serious Stream.

Serious Stream has really brought this place together by ripping Serious Sam apart.

KarmaCow

I beat Rogue Legacy last night. It was pretty good. I feel like I was playing it wrong half the time though. Whenever I'd discover a boss door I'd try over and over and over to beat the boss even if I was underlevelled. Much easier to just keep exploring until you die and then start over again. By the time I hit the 4th boss I'd clear out the entire map and end up with a ton of gold to where I could gain 5 levels after one run. None of the bosses felt cheap though there were certainly cheap ways to win.
Dragon
and
Hokage
were my go-to classes. Fun game overall. If I weren't trying to finish 52 games this year, I'd maybe try to do the New Game+ option.

That was kinda my problem with the game in the end. I know the devs try distance themselves from even the new gen rogue-likes but that feeling of needing to grind it out really soured the last half of the game for me.

jblank83

Well it looks like Deus Ex: The Fall was patched:

Seems pretty bare and I dunno if it fixes a lot of the problems with it since I haven't gotten to it.

Nothing is going to fix the gameplay and the level design, which despite the hilarious gifs are the real problems with The Fall.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some of these SSF4 modders should get jobs at Capcom

93975845.jpg

I cant even tell thats cammy anymore o_O

Toki767

That was kinda my problem with the game in the end. I know the devs try distance themselves from even the new gen rogue-likes but that feeling of needing to grind it out really soured the last half of the game for me.

I kind of get the sense that that's part of the design of the game though. I also kind of feel like gaining a level or two really don't matter so much as really being able to dodge your way through boss fights since most of them are very mini-bullethell fests.

Manik

A quick giveaway from me, seeing as I've been fortunate to win since I last put one up -

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Manik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_292x136.jpg

t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness 2 -- MB-343F55E8EE5524C3 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of StAidan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Transistor -- MB-D332F830FD4828E7 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 104 entrants total.

t1406915485z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Ultra upgrade is just 5 new characters and their alternate costumes?

if you mean costumes wise yes, the full price one comes with all the costumes from SSF4 if you dont already own them on steam

Man, I've just saw those updates to the Dreamcast collection. I guess that means I'm going to play through Sonic Adventure again! And I don't even like this game that much.

Now, where are those Shenmue ports?

Oh, no.
Do yourself a favour and replay the PC version with a fresh renderer.
Actually, despite having so many new games I've never played, I have the itch to replay Deus Ex for the nth time. Don't know of any mods/renderers though.
I just felt like I owe everyone here a heads up in this thread D: I know I wanted to make a Astebreed OT and I still want and will make it with the risk of it disappearing into the nothingness for being late.
The reason for the delay is me having to prepare for my exams and a unfortunate couple of other issues at the moment but it's still coming, all I have left to do is some write-up and WebM's/GIFs! Sorry about that :(
Dude, no need to apologize. Use your webm script extensively. Which thread should I use for questions for you?
Don't make me repost those Yaiba webms, people.
Oh screw it.
WATCH THESE.
THEY CONTAIN COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF AWESOME:
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.1.webm
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.2.webm
I thought Yaiba is full 3D and not 2D-esque like the original Ninja Gaiden.
http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/Sacred3_2.webm
here's one more ... this time from a regular mission in the game ... damn, the more I play it the more I like it :D a very enjoyable experience so far
Very nice. How do you both get to host +50MB webms?

sprinkles

I can't finish Gundemonium Recolletion, even on Novice :( Final boss kicks my ass. These bullet hell shmups are hard as hell, at least I was able to finish Jamestown. I enjoyed that one more as well.
I feel you. I love bullet hell games (especially played hours of the Touhou games) but I will never be even remotely good in any of them.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Sacred 3 is not charting well at all.

The sad thing is that the trip has already been pushed back 1 week because of him originally. So i'm pretty angry as it is.

Can anyone else see that cameltoe?

It's always hard, when a best friend becomes less.
---------------------------

I didn't want to say anything, but yea.

Hugstable

Banned
Don't make me repost those Yaiba webms, people.

Oh screw it.

WATCH THESE.
THEY CONTAIN COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF AWESOME:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.1.webm
http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/ngz.2.webm

Thanks for reposting this veggie, I missed these Sexy Webms last night when I was playing CS:GO. God damn Frost you're the king of making games look good.

Also I'm in the Flooded District in Dishonored, I feel like I'm getting near the end, how much longer do you guys think the game is. I've enjoyed this ride so far and the game has been really long for me since I've been exploring every nook and cranny of each path that is possible to take. Such a great game, gonna be writing up a full review once I finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom