• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tropico 4 needs some Kalypso account but after registrating no e-mail is being sent to me.
Worst 0.40 ever.

You can block Tropico 4 from accessing the internet (or block the Kalypso launcher's website) and it'll skip the Kalypso account stuff and just jump you into the game.

ArjanN

Kick-Ass 2
When was this game announced? Where's Kick-Ass(1)? And why does it have a "Anime" tag? o_O

It has kind of a cellshaded look, but people tend to use the "anime" tag mostly ironic.

Also, huge red flags based on it being a licensed game that wasn't advertised at all. Pretty sure it's terrible.

Tellaerin

Tropico 4 needs some Kalypso account but after registrating no e-mail is being sent to me.
Worst 0.40 ever.

From a post in the Tropico 4 thread:

"Also, for those that wondered about the Kalypso launcher for Tropico among other games recently, you can just add 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to your hosts file and it'll think you're offline and skip the whole account stuff"

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it sounds like that'll let you bypass the account business altogether.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or does the steam client lately cause terrible mouse stutter and lag? CPU usage seems high in task manager.

It seems fine to me. Have yet to experience any problems with it, knock on wood.

Kick-Ass 2
When was this game announced? Where's Kick-Ass(1)? And why does it have a "Anime" tag? o_O

Because the kawaii tag automatically becomes the anime tag when applied now :/

The moshi moshi and desu tags still work, though. Soon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Does this mean that people can have better guns than others? Because I can't find the guns other people are using, like the AK-47. Unless I use a sniper rifle I can't seem to get one shot kills that others do to me without using sniper rifles.

Yes, people can have better guns than others. If you want a better gun, buy it at the beginning of the round, or drop yours and pick it up from around somebody's corpse.

also, some weapons are only buyable by terrorists, and some are only buyable by counter-terrorists

wilflare

okay folks
I kinda need help with Killer is Dead

what I have done
- set to 60fps
- set to 4K reso so it is downsampled to my 1920:1200 screen via GeDoSaTo
are there any other settings I need to do to get the best image quality for this game?

and where can I change the voiceacting to Japanese?
and the subtitle font to be larger :O

and where's the option to set the controller buttons to take after the PS3 instead of 360

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cheddahz, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-3E3F8E190C6688A9 - Taken by Blak_Status. 19 entrants total.

t1408220178z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Came back from watching a movie (The Man with the Iron Fists. HORRIBLE). I hesitated to buy the Tropico Collectors Bundle. Have the base game and never played it. Should I feel bad for missing out ?

Couldn't have been worse than Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Teppic

Yes, people can have better guns than others. If you want a better gun, buy it at the beginning of the round, or drop yours and pick it up from around somebody's corpse.

also, some weapons are only buyable by terrorists, and some are only buyable by counter-terrorists
Thanks. I did figure out that terrorists and counter-terrorists had different guns. I guess it means that there's a gun in the other team that's the same as the other teams guns? I know you can buy things at the start, but I never figured out what the prices are for. Any gun I choose I would just get.

Many questions :p But I blame Valve for not including a tutorial in the game (at least I haven't found one). I went from the excellent tutorial in Team Fortress 2 to this game. It almost feels like it's not made by the same company.

Tizoc

okay folks
I kinda need help with Killer is Dead

what I have done
- set to 60fps
- set to 4K reso so it is downsampled to my 1920:1200 screen via GeDoSaTo
are there any other settings I need to do to get the best image quality for this game?

and where can I change the voiceacting to Japanese?
and the subtitle font to be larger :O

and where's the option to set the controller buttons to take after the PS3 instead of 360

The game's revive mechanic requires you to mash a button rapdily, this gets borked when the FPS is set to 60 or 120 FPS.
There is a fix for it if you check the game's Guides via Steam.

Grief.exe

From a post in the Tropico 4 thread:

"Also, for those that wondered about the Kalypso launcher for Tropico among other games recently, you can just add 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to your hosts file and it'll think you're offline and skip the whole account stuff"

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it sounds like that'll let you bypass the account business altogether.

Bookmarked for posterity, thanks for doing the legwork.

Grief.exe

Came back from watching a movie (The Man with the Iron Fists. HORRIBLE). I hesitated to buy the Tropico Collectors Bundle. Have the base game and never played it. Should I feel bad for missing out ?

If I remember correctly, you really only need the Modern Times DLC. The rest is not necessary.

Dr Dogg

Well Lords of Shadow 2 isn't shy with the Symphony of the Night callbacks/dialog winks and nudges. Playing with fire there Mercury Steam. Asides from a few low res textures here and there and some spotty mapping it looks pretty sweet so far and performance good.

Grief.exe

Well Lords of Shadow 2 isn't shy with the Symphony of the Night callbacks/dialog winks and nudges. Playing with fire there Mercury Steam. Asides from a few low res textures here and there and some spotty mapping it looks pretty sweet so far and performance good.

Mercury Steam and Konami would have been better served remaking Symphony of the Night for 3DS/Vita/PC/Last-gen instead of Mirror of Fate.

Admittedly, I have not actually played Mirror of Fate.

t0rment

fuck you valve, just because i bought tropico 4 10 min later is almost free. gonna be a long time before i buy something from this shit.

Sendou

Buying Secret Ponchos. Seems kind of neat top-down wild west themed shooter. It's still in Early Access. I just watched a stream with the devs and they seem like nice and receptive folks. Currently it's 40% off (till 19th August) and you get a free copy. One thing I'll worried about is small online base at the moment but we'll see.

maneil99

Buying Secret Ponchos. Seems kind of neat top-down wild west themed shooter. It's still in Early Access. I just watched a stream with the devs and they seem like nice and receptive folks. Currently it's 40% off (till 19th August) and you get a free copy. One thing I'll worried about is small online base at the moment but we'll see.

It's also going to a PS+ game

ArjanN

Couldn't have been worse than Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier is overrated, but man with the iron fists is actually terrible. The story and acting being bad is still ok for a martial arts movie if the fights scenes are actually good, but it fails at that as well.

I think i need to give up on getting any drops in Counter-Strike. Still, its been years since I've played it, and between the couple of GAF matches and just playing competitive, I've totally gotten my 7.50 out of it. Just wish my luck didn't suck

I think i need to give up on getting any drops in Counter-Strike. Still, its been years since I've played it, and between the couple of GAF matches and just playing competitive, I've totally gotten my 7.50 out of it. Just wish my luck didn't suck
I think I should just give up o getting on the cheap and just pay the 7.50 so I can play with gaf :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom