• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Back from the wedding reception, dead tired, still have a shitload of formalities to take care of in the coming week. Gaming PC am cry, I guess.
Thanks for all the wishes, you're awesome SteamGAF. See you sometime soon.

So it sounds like i have to decide between Transistor and RE4. I may get RE4 just because Capcom doesn't tend to do discounts like i expect Transistor to have. Is that so wrong of me?

Dr Dogg

I just got my first booster pack drop. Shank 2 >__<

Should I open it? or sell it? it's only like .20 cents

Let me put it to you this way, I had a booster pack drop the other day that was at the going rate of 13p on the market where the individual cards were going for an average of 7p. I looked at the buy orders and they were around 1p cheaper than what the sell orders were so I thought undercutting was viable and still could make 1-2p more on individual cards or more if I got lucky and got a foil. I opened it and got 3 bloody cards the same which were going for 6p each so under cutting by 1p would make me 1p worse off than selling the booster pack as in. End of the day it's a gamble but do a few sums beforehand taking into account the market cuts both Valve and the publisher take and by selling 3 items you pay that cost 3 times on the individual cards as opposed to once on a booster pack.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hi guys, I am currently on vacation and didn't follow Steam news much in the last couple of days. Any important news or announcements that I should be aware of?

Heard that Hotline Miami 2 got leaked or something, which makes me happy because the official release shouldn't be too far away

MRORANGE

Hi guys, I am currently on vacation and didn't follow Steam news much in the last couple of days. Any important news or announcements that I should be aware of?

Heard that Hotline Miami 2 got leaked or something, which makes me happy because the official release shouldn't be too far away

music/video might come to Steam.

Hugstable

Banned

METAL GEAR SOLID V!!!!!!

bbd23

MGS V: Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are coming to steam :)

REmake
Metal Gear Solid V + Ground Zeroes
GTA V

Lots of good stuff to buy on Steam coming up. I just beat GZ on my friend's Xbone and finished one side Op, think I'll stop there so I can replay on PC. Will be nice to see at least 1080p and no pop in hopefully.

BPoole

Aren't DmC's save Steamcloud enabled? When I did a fresh install I've still got mine on my new machine. In the remote directory there are 3 files dmc5_save_00_checkpnt, dmc5_save_00_info and dmc5_save_00_profile. If you've tried various and they are corrupt they might need to have some association with your Steam account or a very weird coincidence they all had errors. I'll go download the ones you've linked and see what it say for me.

Edit: Well trying the save files from the link you posted I also get it coming up as corupt.

Though reverting back to my old ones it's fine.

I've haven't tried different combinations of files but I'll have a look and see if it's just the checkpoint data that's a bit off. Incidentally one of the file sizes is smaller than my saves. The checkpoint save for mine id 165kb whilst the downloaded one is 1kb, whilst the info and profile file is around the same for both.

Edit edit: Nope that came back as corrupt as well. I guess those saves have some issues.
Thanks for checking that out. The Steam Cloud save I had was somehow corrupted, but what's strange is my save for Vergil's downfall is just fine. I don't know if there is some way to make Steam think that those save games are "mine" like if there is a Steam ID attached to it or something

Shadownet

Banned
Most boosters are worth about the same as 3 cards, so it's better to unpack on the small chance there'll be a foil in there.

I just unpacked mine. No foil. 3 different cards. all worth around 7-8 cents. So if I can sell those 3 for around that. It should be worth more than 20 cents in the beginning.

I hope youre enjoying your vacation man. We all miss you :)

hummm

jXaJikK3LIkWz.png

derExperte

The more Watch_Doges I play, the more I like it. Just unlocked
the bunker
, chill mission in a great looking area with cool music.

They moe'd it up

You mean derp'd it up. She looks, well, a bit.... dare I say it, retarded. I much prefer her old face.

Dr Dogg

Thanks for checking that out. The Steam Cloud save I had was somehow corrupted, but what's strange is my save for Vergil's downfall is just fine. I don't know if there is some way to make Steam think that those save games are "mine" like if there is a Steam ID attached to it or something

No worries. I've tried a few others from various places and they all load up as corrupt. I'm not sure if it is to do with your Steam ID or anything but I've tried several unconnected site and so have you and it's been the same result so that would in a bizarre coincidence to all have issues. It might even be from and earlier version on the game before a patch or something, who knows.

So... Steam Secret Santa for 2014?

It's only August!

It's Christmas somewhere

Yes if you happened to live on Venus which we all might have a problem due to the surface temperature being around 400 degrees Celsius.

maneil99

No worries. I've tried a few others from various places and they all load up as corrupt. I'm not sure if it is to do with your Steam ID or anything but I've tried several unconnected site and so have you and it's been the same result so that would in a bizarre coincidence to all have issues. It might even be from and earlier version on the game before a patch or something, who knows.

It's only August!

It's Christmas somewhere

Sub Zero

music/video might come to Steam.

So Steam might become the next I-Tunes after all...

The more Watch_Doges I play, the more I like it. Just unlocked
the bunker
, chill mission in a great looking area with cool music

Watch_Dogs is a criminally underrated game. It's a shame that Ubi's disastrous marketing caused so much undeserved hate for the game. It set a very solid foundation for future entries and since it sold exceptionally good we should get a lot of them

Sub Zero

ROekgtH.png

Weird stuff, how should certain countries be interpreted?

Usually it's Eastern European , South American and some Asian countries although this might differ from game to game. You should check Steamdb to make sure

As for AoE II. I think the single app is region free but the 4-pack is region locked. Same with Rise of Nationa iirc

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Watch_Dogs is a criminally underrated game. It's a shame that Ubi's disastrous marketing caused so much undeserved hate for the game. It set a very solid foundation for future entries and since it sold exceptionally good we should get a lot of them
Totally agree. I was looking to see if there had been any recent news about the dlc campaign that's suppose to come out for the game but they haven't said anything since the season pass trailer it seems. Which made me sad.

Turfster

What I've seen being played of it was incredibly Ubi-sausage, only with "hacking" instead of AC parkours and whatever FarCry has.
I was interested at first, but what I've seen of the horrible story and repetitive mechanics totally killed every inclination I had of ever getting the game for myself.
I might be wrong, but... eh.
The first trailers promised "play as you want" stealth hiding in plain sight possibilities, which would have been interesting. Then they introduced guns, guns, guns and my interest dropped.

Dr Dogg

Totally agree. I was looking to see if there had been any recent news about the dlc campaign that's suppose to come out for the game but they haven't said anything since the season pass trailer it seems. Which made me sad.

How long did it take for Freedom Cry to come out? That was about a couple of months after the last gen releases I think. Fingers crossed it will be out soon as after having a playaround the other day with the newer Nvidia drivers I'm really wanting to go back and finish off the last 20% or so I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom