• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know what's causing it, but downloading Pinball FX2 only produces the DirectX files, nothing more. Other game downloads run fine...

Copons

WOW

My first descent in a CS:GO Competitive game was absolutely brilliant!

I came out second of my team, with a positive ratio kill/death and I was the guy who placed most bombs!

Too bad we lost 16-2. :D

Can't wait for tonight, literally.
I mean, if I wait too much I'm gonna fall asleep.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks both of ya :3. I missed GAF.

Welcome back from beyond the ban grave.

They moe'd it up

I like 2013 Lara's design as an original character, but not as Lara Croft, if that makes sense. The face is just too cutesy to be Croft.

Cool thanks brb bye

Noticed her age, im already back hi

image.php

I was under the impression that they wanted to make her look more average, which, if that's the case, they failed there too as she just looks super plain.
I said that because i'm not exactly sure why, but i totally agree with you. Besides that, i remember reading that they didn't change the anmations for the new face, so it looks really strange.

A while ago I bought Mark of the Ninja but haven't started it yet and just got the dlc in the latest daily deal. Should I play the Dlc after the main game or does it not matter?

What a beautiful day it is... The sun is shining, The birds are singing, liezryou is back.
:D
Welcome back. Never OT again, deal?
2muiRQl.jpg

When we are playing:
http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1408318200z4.png
Quote to see Server Password.
Sounds like there is a lot of interest for CS:GO so I booked a time tomorrow. Hope to see you all then!
Awesome! Just bought CS:GO, only gotta install. Haven't played any counter-strike since over ten years.
My mouse has a slack joint and looses connection every now and then, so I hope my team is forgiving :p
Are we playing just for fun and how many can play?

Sini

Just beat Shank 2. Kinda fun game, and quite hard too. I died a lot, even on normal.

By the way, does anyone know if the leaderboards are filled with hacked scores?

One of my steam friends got a very high score...
Mark of the Ninja has same problem.
Two years ago only about 10 first spots were hacked scores. When DLC came out I checked again and it had increased to about 50 hackers. :(
It discouraged me to try and update my high score.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah there was some weird animation issues with a few eneimies looking like they are animated at a lower framerate than the game is currently updating at. It's not often and is generally enemies that are further away so don't know if it's to do with any post effect or anything.

Hahaha speaking of mechanics that you don't realise that exist until someone brings them up way after you've played the game it's always funny when when it suddenly dawns on you. I've had a couple with the Metal Gear Solid series before but I'm sure there are a few more games out there as well with stuff I have never picked up on.

OH GOD THIS! I tripped the hell out when I learned that you could jump and hang off the side of the railings in MGS2. I played the whole game without ever knowing that, I have no clue how the hell I ever beat it lol.

But you get the added benefit that the more versed GAF players can always give pointers if needed.

Also I think the server would do well with more aim maps and fight yard maps like ice world and pool day.

Ooooh nice GO still has Iceworld, Poolday and Dustworld? Those maps were always fun for random shenanigans. aim_AK-Colt used to be decent also if I remember correctly.

I have no clue how trustworthy this is but the price is very low, so please be wary?
[redacted]
Call of Duty Ghost (Steam) - 14,99€
Call of Duty: modern Warfare 3 (Steam) - 10,99

EDIT: Guess it is not trustworthy? I have never bought from them, so I didn't know.

Porcupine

I have no clue how trustworthy this is but the price is very low, so please be wary?
[redacted]
Call of Duty Ghost (Steam) - 14,99€
Call of Duty: modern Warfare 3 (Steam) - 10,99

EDIT: Guess g2a is not trustworthy? I have never bought from them, so I didn't know.

If it's G2A, I've bought games there several times and it always worked. Had no problems. But I believe these kind of sites aren't allowed at NeoGaf ;)

Yakkue

I finally finished the last episode and beat The Wolf Among Us my good GAFfers.

I really need to get around to playing that, now I might just wait for the colder autumn months :) Thanks a lot for your impressions!

Man, trying to destroy the backlog can be fun. started Scribblenauts Unlimited earlier this week. The perfect podcast game, and very easy to achievement hunt.

Charming game! I've been slowly playing through it as well, they really put a ton of content in it.

Anyone have experience with G2A ?
There's been at least one Steamgaffer who bought Dark Souls from them and got it revoked, if I remember correctly (might have been another shady site).

It's a non-trustworthy Steam game key reseller, avoid it. If the key's revoked, you would most likely not get a refund.
Wow, that's really good to know. I don't know all key seller sites, so I almost bought COD Ghosts. Looks like fun and on Steam price is always way higher.
Well, Porcupine had good experience with them but better safe than sorry.
Reasons why a steam key seller site might be banned: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542
Oh snap! I was on the verge of getting banned, ha. Better edit the site name out (lol). How come they are not brought up to court, selling stolen/credit card fraud keys?

BPoole

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue of mine:

My HDD died a few days ago and I lost my saved data for DmC, a game I would regularly go back to when I was bored and kill time with. On my new HDD, I've tried using the files from this site (as well as others), and every time I extract it into the path (Steam Program Folder>\Steam\userdata\[steam user id number]\220440) and load the game, it tells me the save is corrupted.

I have never had to do anything like this before so I am probably not doing something right. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Shadownet

Banned
Damn I listed my Destiny Ghost Edition on Ebay for the heck of it. Thinking no one would buy it. Someone just about it after 7 days for $261. With my employee discount and coupon. I'm only paying $85 for it.

$175 profit o.0

Damn I listed my Destiny Ghost Edition on Ebay for the heck of it. Thinking no one would buy it. Someone just about it after 7 days for $261. With my employee discount and coupon. I'm only paying $85 for it.
$175 profit o.0
...Minus the 60$ you lost yesterday, it's still enough for Far Cry 4, yay!

Shadownet

Banned
...Minus the 60$ you lost yesterday, it's still enough for Far Cry 4, yay!

Metal Gear Solid V
Assassin Creed Unity
GTA 5
THEN Far Cry 4. Those are my order :p I didn't really lose $60 yesterday.

I won steam gift card because gamestop held a district contest. I got to pick my prize and two $20 Steam Cards was too good to pass up lol

Dr Dogg

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue of mine:

My HDD died a few days ago and I lost my saved data for DmC, a game I would regularly go back to when I was bored and kill time with. On my new HDD, I've tried using the files from this site (as well as others), and every time I extract it into the path (Steam Program Folder>\Steam\userdata\[steam user id number]\220440) and load the game, it tells me the save is corrupted.

I have never had to do anything like this before so I am probably not doing something right. Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Aren't DmC's save Steamcloud enabled? When I did a fresh install I've still got mine on my new machine. In the remote directory there are 3 files dmc5_save_00_checkpnt, dmc5_save_00_info and dmc5_save_00_profile. If you've tried various and they are corrupt they might need to have some association with your Steam account or a very weird coincidence they all had errors. I'll go download the ones you've linked and see what it say for me.

Edit: Well trying the save files from the link you posted I also get it coming up as corupt.

Though reverting back to my old ones it's fine.

I've haven't tried different combinations of files but I'll have a look and see if it's just the checkpoint data that's a bit off. Incidentally one of the file sizes is smaller than my saves. The checkpoint save for mine id 165kb whilst the downloaded one is 1kb, whilst the info and profile file is around the same for both.

Edit edit: Nope that came back as corrupt as well. I guess those saves have some issues.

Metal Gear Solid V
Assassin Creed Unity
GTA 5
THEN Far Cry 4. Those are my order :p I didn't really lose $60 yesterday.
I won steam gift card because gamestop held a district contest. I got to pick my prize and two $20 Steam Cards was too good to pass up lol
Some people have all the luck in the world it seems, happy for you.

But hey, I just won Witcher 1 DC among 3656 entries!!! What are the odds (seriously, what are they?). Only need the second and third game now.
I watched a playthrough of the first one and I have to say, it does look very different than W2. I mean, I was expecting a nice-controlling action-rpg but it looked a bit stiff. And the colors, so much grey.
It's still in my inventory though. Maybe I'll give it to someone on my friend list. Or I can trade it for something else. Gotta watch some more gameplay, maybe W1 is actually a good action-rpg. I was expecting something different after seeing W2 and W3.

ArjanN

Aren't DmC's save Steamcloud enabled? When I did a fresh install I've still got mine on my new machine. In the remote directory there are 3 files dmc5_save_00_checkpnt, dmc5_save_00_info and dmc5_save_00_profile. If you've tried various and they are corrupt they might need to have some association with your Steam account or a very weird coincidence they all had errors. I'll go download the ones you've linked and see what it say for me.

Not sure if it's the same for DMC but I remember with another Cloud supported game you had to turn off the cloud saving (the first time anyway) or it would just keep overwriting the new saves you brought in, as they don't match the one in the Cloud.

Shadownet

Banned
But hey, I just won Witcher 1 DC among 3656 entries!!! What are the odds (seriously, what are they?). Only need the second and third game now.
I watched a playthrough of the first one and I have to say, it does look very different than W2. I mean, I was expecting a nice-controlling action-rpg but it looked a bit stiff. And the colors, so much grey.
It's still in my inventory though. Maybe I'll give it to someone on my friend list. Or I can trade it for something else. Gotta watch some more gameplay, maybe W1 is actually a good action-rpg. I was expecting something different after seeing W2 and W3.

I didnt have much luck yesterday :p for the case opening. But you should play W1 before 2 and 3 :) for the story. Gameplay though, W2 is better :)

Kiru

Some people have all the luck in the world it seems, happy for you.

Where did you win it?

Dr Dogg

Not sure if it's the same for DMC but I remember with another Cloud supported game you had to turn off the cloud saving (the first time anyway) or it would just keep overwriting the new saves you brought in, as they don't match the one in the Cloud.

I've had quite a few issues where I've had to disable and then re-enable them when going from machine to machine but mostly they have been fine, even Dark Souls has been good as gold (touch bloody wood). Though it might be an issue with DmC (I don't think 4 has cloud saves) but thankfully mine turned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom