• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the other starting gifts are kind of worthless; I wouldn't say a new player should outright avoid getting the Master Key, just be mindful of going too far into any path it unlocks.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The bugs that introduces seems to be ones that would bother me more than the difference betweent 30/60. But I will try unlocking it in a bit and see how it will go.
The jumps it affects can be done in 60, just the timing is different/harder. The ladders you just need to remember you can't slide down, or remember to hit the 30fps toggl button.

Vibranium

Banned
Hmm, apparently I missed that Tropico price mistake. Ah well, no skin off my back.

With the new UI, I've been wondering about the Steam cardboard box in MGSV. Looks like Kojima will have to update the icon to match the new one.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-55261EAC0ED8DD48
Gateways -- MB-125F3885CA155B05 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
InFlux -- MB-E059F4CC452744CE - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Restaurant Empire II -- MB-3D709306E702F2EB - Taken by wagamer. 1 entrants total.

t1408301362z1.png

I never could unlock the frame rate in Dark Souls. Even with DEP turned off and all the other potential fixes I heard, the game would just freeze on start up.

rtcn63

The Dark Souls of running Dark Souls.

GWFL is technically the first boss, and the second, and the last. He likes to return every few sessions like Nemesis in RE3, making you wish that he was never included, and that yes, some men just want to watch the world burn- the developers/publishers specifically.

Tizoc

GWFL is technically the first boss, and the second, and the last. He likes to return every few sessions like Nemesis in RE3, making you wish that he was never included, and that yes, some men just want to watch the world burn- the developers/publishers specifically.

I liked Nemesis' inclusion in RE3 tho.

rtcn63

I liked Nemesis' inclusion in RE3 tho.

True story- I originally played RE2 on PC back in the day, and as a kid, never knew about the "second" scenarios that existed after you beat the first one with a character. It wasn't until decades later that I replayed and discovered the awesomeness that was Mr X harassing your shit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Armoured Priest, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Home Sheep Home 2 -- MB-02F4EC52EA53BE3F - Taken by Vuze. 9 entrants total.

t1408301902z1.png

Martian

Any word on Everybodys gone to the rapture coming to pc as well? I loved dear esther and I just saw that those developers were making a new game.

Nabs

Can it be unlocked on-the-go? Because having to restart the game every time I have to jump.. eh...

It's binded to backspace. I recommend playing at 60 if you can, and toggling it off for very specific jumps. You'll know when you see a large gap and start sweating.

Tizoc

Are there any graphic filters I can apply to Gunhound EX? I'm not a big fan of it's pixelated look in full screen...

KarmaCow

I've decided to keep playing CS:GO until either I get to the point where I'm not completely useless or I make my money back from selling weapons/cases. I've made about 50c in the 5 hours I've had it so I'll probably make my money back before I go a round without missing every shot and dying instantly.

Tizoc

For some reason the frame rate in Age of Mythology is weird for me, I turned off some graphical settings but it can't keep consistant 60 FPS. Disabling shadows keeps at 60 FPS 99% of the time though.

I've decided to keep playing CS:GO until either I get to the point where I'm not completely useless or I make my money back from selling weapons/cases. I've made about 50c in the 5 hours I've had it so I'll probably make my money back before I go a round without missing every shot and dying instantly.

Play with the Gaffers tonight, its a bit more welcoming

Shelter 2 is delayed and will not be out in August.
Ah that's disappointing. I really enjoyed the first game from an aesthetic point of view. It relied a little too much on stealth for my liking but I was glad I finally got around to the game.

(managed to save just two mini badgers)

Game found me at an interesting time, I stumbled across a hundred or so people marching against the badger cull in the UK yesterday.

Dr Dogg

Only issues I've ever had with unlocking the frame rate in Dark Souls is realising how fucking massive the performance hit is on the alpha effects at bonfires and fog gates are. I had everything set up nice for pushing my hardware and getting a good, smooth update then bang hit a boss fog gate and got smacked down to 10 or so fps for about 3 seconds. Doesn't matter that much well maybe
Capra Demon as you might get wrecked by the time order resumes

Once you know the 2 or 3 larders not to slide down (one under the bridge by the
Dragon
in Undead Parish, one in Blight town I recall and one of the longer ones in Darkroot Basin I seem to recall) you shouldn't have too many issues.

Anyway why has it taken me this long to get back to Wolfenstien TNO. The main story might be really stupid (I'm back at the hub looking for some new age German equivalent of pykrete and have to go find some guy named I swear was called Seth Rogen) but the individual character stories are fucking something else. And I mean that as in really good at building these people who you slowly get to know about their tragic back stories. That and for me the gameplay blows most first person shooters of the last couple of years out the water.

Hugstable

Banned
It's not a matter of the players being dicks or rude, I'm just terrible.

CS plays alot different than most other FPS these days though and it does take awhile to get down the recoil of each gun and how you should be shooting as well as learning the maps, which corners to check and what not. And don't worry you'll pick it up over time. Also I suck too lol.

Hugstable

Banned
Only issues I've ever had with unlocking the frame rate in Dark Souls is realising how fucking massive the performance hit is on the alpha effects at bonfires and fog gates are. I had everything set up ice for pushing my hardware and getting a good, smooth update then bang hit a boss fog gate and got smacked down to 10 or so fps for about 3 seconds. Doesn't matter that much well maybe
Capra Demon as you might get wrecked by the time order resumes

Once you know the 2 or 3 larders not to slide down (one under the bridge by the
Dragon
in Undead Parish, one in Blight town I recall and one of the longer ones in Darkroot Basin I seem to recall) you shouldn't have too many issues.

I was surprised in some instances to have framerate problems happen in the game for me as well, mostly with the main area boss of the Demon Ruins as well as the guy in Duke's Archives the first time you meet him. what I always thought was strange was how the FPS of the skeletons looked sometime as they reformed, just seemed off compared to how everything else was running. And you can slide down ladders? The hell why did I not know this?!

EDIT: Whoops double post :(

CS plays alot different than most other FPS these days though and it does take awhile to get down the recoil of each gun and how you should be shooting as well as learning the maps, which corners to check and what not. And don't worry you'll pick it up over time. Also I suck too lol.

When i said that, i meant a lot of us Gaffers kind of suck, and we're all learning, so its better place to learn.

Deques

Just beat Shank 2. Kinda fun game, and quite hard too. I died a lot, even on normal.

By the way, does anyone know if the leaderboards are filled with hacked scores?

One of my steam friends got a very high score...

KarmaCow

When i said that, i meant a lot of us Gaffers kind of suck, and we're all learning, so its better place to learn.

I tried before and it was pretty much the same as playing a random casual game. There are a couple people clearly better than everyone else and the others just play spectator mode. There are probably people who are just as bad as me but they get picked off as fast as I do so it doesn't really matter.

Man, trying to destroy the backlog can be fun. started Scribblenauts Unlimited earlier this week. The perfect podcast game, and very easy to achievement hunt.

Dr Dogg

I was surprised in some instances to have framerate problems happen in the game for me as well, mostly with the main area boss of the Demon Ruins as well as the guy in Duke's Archives the first time you meet him. what I always thought was strange was how the FPS of the skeletons looked sometime as they reformed, just seemed off compared to how everything else was running. And you can slide down ladders? The hell why did I not know this?!

EDIT: Whoops double post :(

Yeah there was some weird animation issues with a few eneimies looking like they are animated at a lower framerate than the game is currently updating at. It's not often and is generally enemies that are further away so don't know if it's to do with any post effect or anything.

Hahaha speaking of mechanics that you don't realise that exist until someone brings them up way after you've played the game it's always funny when when it suddenly dawns on you. I've had a couple with the Metal Gear Solid series before but I'm sure there are a few more games out there as well with stuff I have never picked up on.

I tried before and it was pretty much the same as playing a random casual game. There are a couple people clearly better than everyone else and the others just play spectator mode. There are probably people who are just as bad as me but they get picked off as fast as I do so it doesn't really matter.
But you get the added benefit that the more versed GAF players can always give pointers if needed.

Also I think the server would do well with more aim maps and fight yard maps like ice world and pool day.

Nabs

It was in the very early stages of development when I had just about finished the game entirely. By the time Durante had really gotten in implemented at a stable level I had moved on.

It's time to fall into that Dark Souls depression again.

Regarding Dark Souls' frame rate, I played the whole game at 60FPS and loved it. I experimented with 30FPS during NG+...I quickly went back to 60FPS! It's not just that it seemed like the game was running in slow motion, the game felt glitchy. 60FPS or bust, people!

Grief.exe

It's time to fall into that Dark Souls depression again.

I'm still holding out hope for an eventual Steamworks conversion, then I will jump back in until I've earned every achievement.

I'm actually a little Souls'd out currently from Dark Souls 2 anyways.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Regarding Dark Souls' frame rate, I played the whole game at 60FPS and loved it. I experimented with 30FPS during NG+...I quickly went back to 60FPS! It's not just that it seemed like the game was running in slow motion, the game felt glitchy. 60FPS or bust, people!

you'll need to toggle it down to 30 fps temporarily to make certain jumps, because From made certain calculations tied to the framerate

and did it again with durability in DS2

ugh

Nabs

you'll need to toggle it down to 30 fps temporarily to make certain jumps, because From made certain calculations tied to the framerate

ugh

It even happens in Ninja Blade (port by a different company). The 60 toggle made it impossible for me to wallrun properly. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

ugh

I only really had problems with ladders in 60FPS so I just endured the slow descent. The only time I used backspace is the ladder to
Kalameet because that was huuuuge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom