• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

XX #R releasing on Steam is just one step closer to SEX HARD~
ieNKcx4yG5y1D.gif

BELIEVE!

Cinematic Mod? Brilliant?
Artistically it's a disgusting mess. It's mindboggling how dedicated the modder is at screwing it all up. The above two pics aren't even the worst examples, believe it or not.
The character models do look weird. The females especially. Don't know what's the right word? Babe, (is bimbo bannable?). They look very off.
But hey, the city models and textures look really good!
Some of those cost almost half of my laptop!
Oh wow, I won Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed on reddit. Soon I will see what all the hype was about aaaaand I get the to play with Dunder some day. :D
Congrats Kiru! The feeling of winning is really nice, right? I got Witcher 1 from steamgifts yesterday. Gonna need some mods though.
--
Also, thanks anon for influx! Really appreciated. Very nice for relieving stress!

Nabs

Isn't there already 50 different version of this already? I think I've even got a couple of copies of this on the Wii.

Noice! Actually what is the difference between vanilla (well the Gold Edition in Steam's case) and the Championship Ed?

Two new levels, new moves, save slots, and some other stuff.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing it's a slow day here today just catching up with all the Gamescom shenanigans of the past week and I'm slowly coming round to Alien Isolation. Still on the fence and will probably wait until it's outs to make a decision on (and hopefully there are still cheap/tradable copies kicking around) but graphically it looks pretty sweet. Though I'm not too sure I trust Creative Assembly much more than Gearbox after the Rome II and Colonial Marines fiascos respectively.

Five different versions according to the wiki page

Well I am the master of over exaggeration lately. You should have seen the size of the fish I caught the other day.

Two new levels, new moves, save slots, and some other stuff.

Brilliant cheers. I wonder if this will be a separate app, DLC or part of an upgrade path or everyone gets a free update? Still need to get around to finishing it regardless.

Uhhh... No. Dota 2 keys are the best right now in long term (10 month) investment for two reasons.

#1) They now will turn into any new chests that are released by valve.
#2) They are no longer available in the store, thus decreasing supply and increasing prices eventually.

welcome back duders!

Tizoc

I don't want to believe in something that's not going to happen :(

Look at this poor scrub, with his unfunny Pretendo avatar.
It shall happen, Jase had decreeed thus, for Jase forever seeks the +1, blessed by the grace of our fair lady
giphy.gif

Jigga we got MGS5 games, Dead Rising and Ryse of the QTE, this game can come

kiyomi

Are download speeds slow for anyone else? I'm trying to update F1 2013 and it's crawling along at 230 KB/s. My internet is fine.

Tizoc

It may not be Xrd, but that ain't no excuse not to get hype for one of the best GGXX iterations
www.youtube.com/watch?v=35XOLVeNMMw

Oh wow, I won Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed on reddit. Soon I will see what all the hype was about aaaaand I get the to play with Dunder some day. :D

It's my GotY 2012, and I been pimpin' the game for 2 years since, don't tell me you missed out on ALL the times it was $5?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When did you start collecting or better when did the thought came up I need everything?

As the 2012 Summer Sale drew to a close. It was the first time the sale started in July rather than June and it happened to coincide with tax time here, so after buying everything I wanted, I started buying games simply because they were cheap enough... and the habit stuck. Unfortunately, Christmas plans got in the way of me spending much during the Autumn/Winter Sales of that year and 2013, so consequently I've missed the boat on some stuff (e.g. CSI: NY).

Why do you want to have everything?

saoirseshrug8njim.gif

What are you gonna do after you have all games?

Wait a week and buy some more. ;)

Do you want to leave this to your kids for them playing or more like a curiosity/museum-type of collection?

The latter. I don't plan on having kids (my younger nephews are annoying enough), but if I happen to change my mind one day, I suppose it'll be both.

How much did you spend already?

No idea. My account page says a little under $8,700, but this obviously doesn't take into account games bought through traders using PayPal (either directly or indirectly), which has been my go-to method for more than a year now, or digital/physical retail games. If I had to guess, though, I'd say at least double that figure -- but that's just a guess.

What was your most expensive/hard to get game?

Most expensive: Technically the Steam Greenlight Submission Fee ($80), even though it didn't count as a game despite being listed as one in the registry, haha. It was supposed to get me to 2,000.

Most hard to get: Probably Order of War: Challenge, after Squeenix removed it from user accounts. The game was later re-added to Challenge-specific subs but not the Order of War vanilla subs, the latter of which is how I'd got it, so I had to chase down a retail key. I eventually found one on a reseller's website, but my order was refunded (I assume because the person running the site realised the keys weren't for Challenge in particular but rather Order of War vanilla), however an RU GAFer pointed me in the direction of Plati.ru and I managed to snag the very last copy.

Most treasured: Strategy First's version of Infected: Twin Vaccine. It was pulled after just 10 minutes and I'm not aware of anybody else who has it, which is why it's featured on my profile. Oh, how I wish I had enough time to buy a spare...

What is your most desired/hard to get game and what would you be willing to do for it?

Excluding games that were yanked due to licensing issues (e.g. film tie-ins like Golden Compass and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs), and excluding Wheelman because just you wait WB is going to bring it back soon enough, probably Arkham Asylum vanilla as I'd then have all the Batman titles. The game was originally going to be included alongside the GOTY Edition when WB patched out GFWL in favour of Steamworks, but the key redemption issues people were having gave enough time for WB to change its mind. I tried e-mailing WB Support, and also hit up Andy (GAF's resident Nvidia rep) in hope that there were still keys left over from the 2009 promotion, but alas both were fruitless endeavours. I'm going to try e-mailing WB again, but theoretically, if someone did happen to have a copy to offer, I'd be willing to pay just about anything. I know there are some GAFers who hate having the vanilla editions sitting alongside the GOTY ones, especially now that they're practically pointless, so if by some miracle Valve allows users to repackage owned games into gifts, maybe I'll get my chance (assuming of course that WB Support comes up short yet again).

kudoboi

0piS51F.png

so i just pre-ordered the xbox one limited edition controller. since its a pre order i can cancel it so i wanna get PC GAF's verdict on this. do you guys think it is worth it if i currently already have an xbox 360 controller which works perfectly fine other than the left thumbstick moving slightly to the left at times and making squeaky noises?

have any PC game so far supported the trigger vibration? and to clarify i can use a standard USB to micro USB cable for this right?

Kiru

You won't be disappointed.
Good! :)
It's my GotY 2012, and I been pimpin' the game for 2 years since, don't tell me you missed out on ALL the times it was $5?
I did. :p

BTW guys. If you want to get rid of all those F2P games that got added to your account and are worthless now, you can use another script to remove them:

http://pastebin.com/DaMUyYr6

It just ignores Defiance, No Room in Hell, War of the Roses & Magicka WW (because Cards) and newer stuff I think.
If you want to show the playtime of some removed games on your profile (Like Path of Exile or You Have to Win the Game) just readd them, nothing is lost. :)

yuraya

so if by some miracle Valve allows users to repackage owned games into gifts,

What do you think the chances of Valve ever doing this? It would be truly amazing if they did. There is a risk of many bad things happening if they do ofc but I think it could work with proper moderation.

JaseC

What do you think the chances of Valve ever doing this? It would be truly amazing if they did. There is a risk of many bad things happening if they do ofc but I think it could work with proper moderation.

A little better than what I would have said five years ago now that people can no longer delete inventory items. Don't hold your breath, though.

BTW guys. If you want to get rid of all those F2P games that got added to your account and are worthless now, you can use another script to remove them:

http://pastebin.com/0fA38ELc

It just ignores Defiance, No Room in Hell, War of the Roses & Magicka WW (because Cards) and newer stuff I think.
If you want to show the playtime of some removed games on your profile (Like Path of Exile or You Have to Win the Game) just readd them, nothing is lost. :)

Thanks for this.

Sendou

http://pastebin.com/0fA38ELc

Thanks for this. The taste of sweet 500-club was so short lived ;(

Tizoc

Kinda regretting not having gotten like 10 copies of Tropico 4 and then trading them off at this time, but I'm gonna wait for the 1 TF2 Key traders to fade away so I can trade them for 2 TF2 Keys a piece :V

As the 2012 Summer Sale drew to a close.[...]
Thanks for taking the time. Fascinating, really.
The latter. I don't plan on having kids (my younger nephews are annoying enough), but if I happen to change my mind one day, I suppose it'll be both.
Kids and family are great man and you are always nice and helpful. You'd make a great dad!
No idea. My account page says a little under $8,700, [...]I'd say at least double that figure -- but that's just a guess.
Holy... smokes.
Most expensive: Technically the Steam Greenlight Submission Fee ($80), [...]
Yeah, I saw that you own it a couple days ago. Thought you plan on releasing a game sometime, ha. Can't think of any witty game title including Irish cuties and game collecting.
[...]probably Arkham Asylum vanilla[...]
Would have never thought something as widely owned as that. Maybe a gaffer has a spare?
You are great JaseC!

Deques

Kinda regretting not having gotten like 10 copies of Tropico 4 and then trading them off at this time, but I'm gonna wait for the 1 TF2 Key traders to fade away so I can trade them for 2 TF2 Keys a piece :V

You have to hurry to sell them. :)
So you don't end up with region locked gifts, (remember Valiant Hearts?)
I am not saying that this is gonna happen, but it who knows?

Jawmuncher

0piS51F.png

so i just pre-ordered the xbox one limited edition controller. since its a pre order i can cancel it so i wanna get PC GAF's verdict on this. do you guys think it is worth it if i currently already have an xbox 360 controller which works perfectly fine other than the left thumbstick moving slightly to the left at times and making squeaky noises?

have any PC game so far supported the trigger vibration? and to clarify i can use a standard USB to micro USB cable for this right?

Nothing so far has supported the trigger vibration that I have played. Though I can see that happening in the future when crossgen isn't as prevalent. You can play on the PC with just a micro USB cord. It sounds like your 360 controller has seen better days so you're in for a upgrade. Whether a XONE controller is a upgrade over a 360 controller depends on if you like the XONE controller over it. If you do then that pretty much answers that. If you're not sure try and get more time with the controller. Thankfully the build quality of the XONE controller don't have issues like the launch controllers.

Sini

You have to hurry to sell them. :)
So you don't end up with region locked gifts, (remember Valiant Hearts?)
I am not saying that this is gonna happen, but it who knows?

Where would they region-lock them?
Because that price mistake was in all regions.

Jawmuncher

XX #R releasing on Steam is just one step closer to SEX HARD~
ieNKcx4yG5y1D.gif

BELIEVE!

It's Unreal Engine so if it doesn't come over much like Tekken than that's just a waste of the engine. Since the ease of porting games with that engine to PC I see as one of it's most important features.

JaseC

Kids and family are great man and you are always nice and helpful. You'd make a great dad!

Haha, maybe. I don't hate kids, just to be clear, but I can't say I'm excited by the idea of having any myself, at least at this juncture.

Yeah, I saw that you own it a couple days ago. Thought you plan on releasing a game sometime, ha. Can't think of any witty game title including Irish cuties and game collecting.

I almost did put it to use once for an indie dev who couldn't quite afford to buy the fee himself, but that didn't pan out. The issue is that a game would be submitted under my account and so any communication or updates would need to be relayed through me. The post-Greenlight phase wouldn't be problematic at all, though, as I could just confer Steam Partners access to the actual devs and let them handle things from there.

Would have never thought something as widely owned as that. Maybe a gaffer has a spare?

I've looked for Steam gift copies to no avail. Really, grovelling at the feet of WB is my only chance, haha.

You are great JaseC!

<3

Where would they region-lock them?

Disabling cross-region trading/gifting region-locks at the activation level new/unused gift copies bought by Eastern European, South American or South-east Asian (due to the incoming support for the Thai Baht) users. It has no impact on copies that have already been activated, regardless of the source.

Jawmuncher

sadly i can't even do that because xbox one have been released here. microsoft and their slow international launch

Ahhh ok.
Well it's not a bad controller though the space on the top of the analog sticks is smaller if that's a issue. Though that only applies if you have really big hands. Personally I would say you're better off with another 360 controller just because of how you described the status of the one you have now. Though if you're fine with that just wait for the Xone controller.

When was the last game to have TF2 Promos? That game is dying quickly in terms of attention from Valve, the last update was big but the games population is going down, and I think it's linked to CSGO

TF2's player numbers have been stable for years now. The last game to get TF2 promos was Wolfenstein, although they added a promo item just last week for a plush Spy Crab.

Dr Dogg

I'm still in two minds wether to pick up a Dual Shock 4 or a Xbox One pad as a replacement for my 360 pad (I talk about doing it more than actually sorting it out!). I think in my heart of hearts I'm really holding off until the Steam Controller is out :(

Xbone launches in Taiwan in September, and I'm tempted to buy one now, saw walmart selling it for 60 bucks, but no wireless dongle:(

Hahahah I've just noticed that it's also launching in Hong Kong and Singapore at the same time as well. Aren't all Xbox One's made by Foxconn? Oh the fucking irony.

Tizoc

It's Unreal Engine so if it doesn't come over much like Tekken than that's just a waste of the engine. Since the ease of porting games with that engine to PC I see as one of it's most important features.

I'm starting to give in to the notion that we get console games 1 year after their release, on Steam :p

wilflare

I'm still in two minds wether to pick up a Dual Shock 4 or a Xbox One pad as a replacement for my 360 pad (I talk about doing it more than actually sorting it out!). I think in my heart of hearts I'm really holding off until the Steam Controller is out :(

Hahahah I've just noticed that it's also launching in Hong Kong and Singapore at the same time as well. Aren't all Xbox One's made by Foxconn? Oh the fucking irony.

Tier 3 countries... am cry

Edit - Get a DS4 the touchpad is perfect for switching profiles (button configurations) with DS4Windows

derExperte

The durability issues of the DS4 still aren't fixed so if you want something you can rely on, get the X1 pad which I would say is on par anyway (maybe not the bumpers but I have less problems with them than others).

I care naught for Xbone, only its controller, it seems like the x360's sticks have grown less sensitive after 4 years of service, but it can still hold while longer.

I'm leaving for NY in a some minutes, perhaps I'll find cheap Xbone controllers there(?)

kudoboi

The imported model of both the PS4 and Xbox One is actually cheaper than the MSRP here. not sure if that is normal. sadly there is only 1 shop that i know of that imports these consoles and the imported models are always sold out because they are a lot cheaper

fantomena

Definitely sell. Since Steam Trading Cards came out, I've made $377.56 selling all of my trading cards. It's almost like a rebate system where you get money back in your Steam wallet.

Let's see. I used about 50€ from my cards seeling fund during the summer + 20€ during the Halloween + 30€ here and there + 136€ I have right now = 236€.

Guess Ive made myself about 315$. :)

I like the touchpad of the DS4 sometimes but I have had issues with the plastic on the sticks and the button prompts in games are usually Xbox oriented. The Xbox One pad is nice but you can't run it wirelessly which means I still usually still use my 360 pad when playing PC games (and not using m/kb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom