• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Oh. That's why.
GMG updated their Indie top 10, in their usual messy and bad way.
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Skullgirls
  • Chivalry
  • To The Moon
  • Banner Saga
  • Velvet Assassin (are you fucking shitting me GMG?)
  • Lifeless Planet
  • Spintires
  • Habitat
  • Stick it to the man

Dr Dogg

I'll take any emotes or backgrounds for free if this is a neurotic "please let me empty my inventory" compulsion. But I'm pretty choosy about what I buy, normally only totally awesome stuff.

Hahaha nah it's just that I see even at selling them at 3p I would make around a 50 pence return on them. I'll keep them on hand for the next time you're experimenting with ModBot 2.0.

Yeah, unfortunately the publisher just does gambling software now. The dev has repeatedly asked the publisher to discount the game on Steam but no dice. I would not expect another sale ever; you have to imagine that as a 50-MC rated z-tier first person shooter, they'll be lucky to get 1000 sales during a major sale event, so it's not like the $7000 in revenue that'd bring in at 50% off is really anything of substance for the publisher.

Ah that's right, well technically it's still some kind of gaming. I seem to recall Kabouter trying to get in touch with them but can't recall anything else being said in here. I'm not really sure I'd get too much a kick out of playing it but the who Timecop-esque idea of going back in time to right the wrongs of the past but with modern technology did have me curious. Then again the fact Timecop is the first thing that pops into my head when thinking of the premise of Darkest of Days might be a bad sign in of itself.

That's a bummer to hear. I've been selling tons of my 360 games including most of my LEGO collection with the intent to rebuy on Steam later. Hmm.

Looking at IsThereAnyDeal the last time they had any discount was the Summer Sale last year and that was only 33% off. Since then there has been the usual big sales as well as a Star Wars and a couple of Lego themed sales and they were sadly absent.

Lego Star Wars 3 aside, they're quite cheap in Russia, for what it's worth (US price versus RUB -> USD converted price):

Lego Indy: $19.99/$8.30
Lego Indy 2: As above
Lego Star Wars Saga: As above
Lego Star Wars 3: $19.99/$12.49

Snap them up during the Winter Sale if Disney ignores them again.

Yeah I've just been look at the prices via the DB. Just got to find a plan to get my wallet funds out into my PayPal account to get cheaper keys. Which going by current UK Steam prices is going to be a bit tough until a sale. Maybe the stars will align.

Oh. That's why.
GMG updated their Indie top 10, in their usual messy and bad way.
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Skullgirls
  • Chivalry
  • To The Moon
  • Banner Saga
  • Velvet Assassin (are you fucking shitting me GMG?)
  • Lifeless Planet
  • Spintires
  • Habitat
  • Stick it to the man

How much cheaper has Banner Saga been? Wondering if its worth my GMG creditz

Grief.exe

Yeah, unfortunately the publisher just does gambling software now. The dev has repeatedly asked the publisher to discount the game on Steam but no dice. I would not expect another sale ever; you have to imagine that as a 50-MC rated z-tier first person shooter, they'll be lucky to get 1000 sales during a major sale event, so it's not like the $7000 in revenue that'd bring in at 50% off is really anything of substance for the publisher.

It may be insignificant, but it still pays a portion of an employee's salary for an extremely minimal amount of work.

Tizoc

If Kerbal Space Program goes for $10 or less I might get it...

I have a problem with Oath in Felgana.
I aquired Wind Bracalet, but I can't understand how I can glide for long distances.
I saw on youtube that is required to proceed in the game, but simply I can't do this.

Simple. Hold the Magic button to charge up. Then jump, release Magic button and you'll be able to glide. There is a ledge with a chest that will upgrade your Wind Magic for stronger damage and longer spin, maybe look up a YT vid for it, since I can't properly describe that location atm ^^;

I have a problem with Oath in Felgana.
I aquired Wind Bracalet, but I can't understand how I can glide for long distances.
I saw on youtube that is required to proceed in the game, but simply I can't do this.

damn, i wish i could help you but I just got thrown into the lava dungeon : / it's been a fun ride so far and hopefully you'll figure this out soon enough.

Grief.exe

I wonder if my mom would enjoy Kerbel. She was an aerospace engineer and worked in the industry for many years.

To my knowledge, she has never played video games. Think she would have fun?

Anteater

Some Walking Dead season 2 impressions, probably some minor spoilers from both seasons I don't know how to tag, so be ware!

Finished the 4 eps of the walking dead season 2, looking forward to the conclusion but I can't really say I care about anyone in the game at this point. I guess I might not have cared in season 1 either but there was always the bond between Clementine and Lee that made a big difference.

I think the interactions were kind of good between Lee and the gang in s1, even when some characters were kind of assholes, the responses you can choose (like kicking Kenny's ass, and deciding Lily's fate, Kenny's family, etc) were interesting compared to things you can do as Clementine this season (but it can be that I made crappy dialogue choices), you just kind of watch things happen and the outcome aren't exactly too satisfying, characters will go on a tantrum but the next scene they're ok. In one scene you try to help but then it doesn't really matter.

Didn't we used to have a GMG thread?

Wondering the best way to ever get notified if Dishonored GOTY comes back in stock there. Not hopeful, but, would buy it if it did.

Dr Dogg

I wonder if my mom would enjoy Kerbel. She was an aerospace engineer and worked in the industry for many years.

To my knowledge, she has never played video games. Think she would have fun?

I've only played the demo from ages ago but while some of the calculations, tolerances and variables are tweaked so you don't have to physics major to understand what is going on it's really, really in depth. Go check out the OT here for the latest build and see the amount of stuff you have to take into account to get a rocket to the moon. It's not just point and shoot lets put it that way.

Tizoc

If I hold magic button nothing happens at all :l
I'm stucked in abandoned mines, because a long glide is required to proceed.

Aha, then you gotta back track! Just remembered what you gotta do here.
Remember the lava pool you had to cross to get the Wind Bracelet? You fought a boss after that was a snake/dragon? Before that area you climb or descend a bunch of ledges to reach that boss' area.

Now in that area is a ledge on the left as you climb or descend it. Reach it with the wind power to get a Wind Gem to let you charge your Wind magic and be able to proceed.

Jawmuncher

My PC gaming has been taking a break as I clear my recent purchase backlog on consoles. If it all works out I should be done by the end of the month.......
So long as I ignore those damn JRPGs.

tjohn86

ModBot said:
Instructions for tjohn86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tjohn86, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

volt -- MB-97C9DF00C71B5E42 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 4 entrants total.

t1408376306z1.png

Enjoy!

Finally saw a PS4 at my local store..heh
Taiwan?
Morning everyone! I missed game night last night :( my aunt was being annoying
Hi dude. Yesterday's match was nice. Hopefully we'll play tonight again with you and maneil99 this time :)
They talk about Kickstarter in the blog entry, may still happen but there are a lot of issues with doing that. And it doesn't sound like Battledroid will be (or would've been....) one of the dreaded p2w f2p games. At least that's what they're promising. Also something about internet trolls: http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574
I read it. Wow, just wow. Guess close to bankruptcy the dev needed to vent. Hope they'll pull through.
One point he made is plausible though. How Steam and bundles lead to value deflation.
I mean, as a customer I am happy I can get so many great games at super low prices - which were not possible in the past. But as a dev (or someone who has to live off, feed kids/family) this must be rough?!
You work years (!) on a game to see it only being bought for >1 buck. And how much do you even get of that? Pretty harsh. Wonder how much the percentage of indie devs is who banishes their dream of being indie game devs because despite high numbers of purchases they still get too measly amounts?
Stay strong indie-gaf.
What is weird though, he says fixing computers but shouldn't it be patching bugs?
Visibility being a big problem, yeah I can totally see that being true. Valve should make a big permanent section on the store page with only indies in the spotlight. Scrolling and changing etc.

Tizoc

Oh my God I hate that place :\
By the way, thanks a lot, try it now.
EDIT: Solved. Just teleport to Illburn Ruins Depth, go up a screen and that is the location with the Emerald.

Aha, my memory of the Gem locations is iffy as I hadn't played the games in months ^^;
Well make sure you get the Gem in the Fire caverns if you haven't yet, and if you're STILL in the fire caverns get ready for
the hardest boss in the game so far XD

Tizoc

On fire caverns I beat two bosses, now I defeated the abandoned mines one.
By the way, this game is HARD.
I mean, if you forget a chest, you are screwed and you need to backtrack for it, it's impossible for example proceed without charged-up wind magic.

Ah OK, getting the Gems just makes boss fights and enemies faster to defeat. It is possible to beat the game with at least 1 gem per bracelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom