• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

140 -- MB-002D0BF625F371CC - Taken by Copons

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

140 -- MB-A40509DDC1C1C858 - Taken by xeris

jblank83

These are both great games. Runner 2 is as solid as Bit.Trip Runner, if not more so, and 140 is a surprisingly good, relatively unknown music platformer.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jres80, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Runner 2 -- MB-0C0448B3171E3DA2 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
140 -- MB-E8AD32E0CF4EE5BC - Taken by Ezalc. 14 entrants total.

t1408396107z1.png

Oh, and you don't need to email me. Just play the games and spread the word.

Nabs

Whenever you get to the point in a dungeon where the level up bar barely moves, that's when you know you're good for the rest of the dungeon. Otherwise, that thing is popping off all of damn time while you're in there haha.

Exactly. It's something to remember if you're having trouble with bosses.

Tellaerin

There have been inexplicable Metal Wolf Chaos teases/begging in the Steam threads for months. I really hope this is stealth viral marketing by someone who knows something we don't. I'd LOVE that game. I don't expect it to happen, however, so I wish the mentions would stop. Why create false hope? :(

It's good to keep it in the public awareness, I think. If the powers-that-be are listening, it's nice for them to see that the interest is there. It's also a way for people who've never heard of Metal Wolf Chaos to discover the game (and hopefully join the crowd of people clamoring for a Western release). I've been dying to play it for years now myself (ever since playing the "hidden" Xbox Magazine demo), so any kind of release would make me a very happy camper.

already had 140, so hope someone enjoys this :)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dio Brando, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

140 -- MB-F68272419A666A6F - Taken by NingenJanai

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Tellaerin

did you read the last NPD thread, where some guy's GF got him a WiiU for his birthday and he fucking flipped out about it because it was a wiiu?

that guy deserves ALL of the bad rats.

...I misread that as "some guy's GF got him a waifu for his birthday".

I love you guys, but sometimes this thread takes my mind to bad places.

Yakkue

Thanks both, guys. I will do Origins too (the only other game I have), but I don't really know if I will take 1+2 too.
I mean, I like exploring, talking, findind stuff in houses etc, and there's none here.

At least in Trails in the sky are there those elements?

There's a ton of talking and exploring in Trails, with lots of sidequests to do, things to collect..it's a fun game :) (you don't really find stuff in houses though)

Haha, unless Deponia has the most bleak ending to a lighthearted point and click adventure I've ever seen I think I just had an unfortunately timed crash. Spoilers for the third game:
I just injected Goal with an overdose of truth serum, the game told me she was dead, I was thrown overboard and then the game closed itself down.
THE END.

Haha, perfect timing. Such a shame that Daedelic games are so prone to crashes. How are you liking the trilogy so far?

Probably the wrong thread, but do PS3 owners get a discount on the new Guacamelee as well? I have the original on both PS3 and Steam.
And have played neither version yet. :(

StAidan

The discount for Guacamelee STCE makes the game $4.99 to those own already own the original

My head tells me to leave it for a sale, but my gamer gut instinct demands a purchase even though the original is still sitting in my library waiting for its turn.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as all we do in here is talk about how bad Bad Rats is but not actually what the gameplay consists off here's a quick demo for you folks (can't be bothered to make a webm for this game so raw mp4 it is).

http://a.pomf.se/gofvjv.mp4

Everyone getting Bad Rats but me? :(

Oh, well. I am not gonna cry about it :p

Yeah don't count your chickens ;)

Actually this is the really freaky part as if you sell the cards drops you get from Bad Rat you can afford to buy another copy to gift. So in effect this could be like some newfangled chain letter type of affair but instead of a letter you need to pass on to someone else so not to bring you bad fortune you can send someone another copy of Bad Rats. I don't know what is worse to be honest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've sent a few unlucky GAFers out there Bad Rats - and not a single one of you has redeemed them yet.

You know who you are. ;)

Jawmuncher

did you read the last NPD thread, where some guy's GF got him a WiiU for his birthday and he fucking flipped out about it because it was a wiiu?

that guy deserves ALL of the bad rats.

I'm going to need a link to that.

I meant more being sad that my gift wasn't accepted I would never flip out. Well unless it was like that one scene in beyond 2 souls.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Steel and Steam - Episode 1 -- MB-AFEAFEB04FDACCC4 - Taken by VikasNarula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom