• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Deals suuuuuuck this week. I think I might grab The Forest after all. Any reason I shouldn't? My only concern with it is that I won't get much out of it for a while.

And is Operation Breakout worth buying access to?

Annubis

The graphics: A combination of stock RPGmaker and bad Deviantart.

Here is my take on the main character:

194212_3stars_medium.jpg

=

269003-claude.jpg

+

01-skirtsh-wades-beard-memorium.jpg

me0wish

Deals suuuuuuck this week. I think I might grab The Forest after all. Any reason I shouldn't? My only concern with it is that I won't get much out of it for a while.

Zeno Clash 2 is pretty good and its only 2$, I paid 20$ for it and I don't regret it.

Benedict

What games in weeklong deal is it possible to make a profit on selling cards?
That is, getting more in your steam account than you paid for the game.
Bad Rats?

MattyG

Banned
Zeno Clash 2 is pretty good and its only 2$, I paid 20$ for it and I don't regret it.
I played that on PS3 a while back. I reaaaaaally didn't like it, but every time I see someone on Gaf mention it they say they loved it. I feel like I missed something crucial to my enjoyment of the game.

Benedict

Regarding Enchanced Steam.
It seems that if you have several accounts active on the computer, another accounts games are showing up as owned for an account that don't own them. At least in Google Chrome.

Edit: This is in lists, for example weeklong deals page. When you go into the gamepage it shows correctly that account x don't have account ys game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It seems that if you have several accounts active on the computer, another accounts games are showing up as owned for an account that don't own them. At least in Google Chrome.

This happens if you family share

Says I own a game that is being shared by someone else

But in Ys...you visit only one city?
I mean, the game is pretty limited, all the dungeons are just nearby the city or inside other dungeon, I thought this was like Final Fantasy (travel among the world, a lot of cities etc).
Are other games of the series like Felgana?

They're low budget action RPGs with intense battle systems and limited exploration. I've played Ys I, II, and i'm playing Oath right now
that fucking fire dragon, i finally figured out how to beat him but i had to put the vita down to get back to work

They're just really solid action JPRG romps that tend to be about 8-10 hours long each. Nothing really epic about them outside of the boss battles.

Lomax

They talk about Kickstarter in the blog entry, may still happen but there are a lot of issues with doing that. And it doesn't sound like Battledroid will be (or would've been....) one of the dreaded p2w f2p games. At least that's what they're promising. Also something about internet trolls: http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574

I think this went a bit unnoticed. It's not really about internet trolls, it's about the state of the market today. It's something deep down we all know, but it is rather dark and disturbing. I strongly encourage everyone read it, it's probably even worthy of it's own thread:

Because You’re Worthless: The Dark Side Of Indie PR
http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574

The_Monk

Oh wow, I just found out that Trails in the Sky is on Steam. And 40 GAFfers already own it! I also been checking my old Humble e-mails and found out that I missed The Darkness II, guess this is what I get for being busy during these days...

Oh well, see you all in 90 minutes. Going to finally play the 4th Episode of The Walking Dead S2. :)

HRose

Banned
Can someone bugfix me this?

I've just installed Windows 8.1 on the new PC and was trying to install Steam over there. Installation is fine, but when I try to log-in it wants me to input a security code, since it's a new machine.

So I go look in my email (the one I always used these years without any problem) and the security code isn't there. So I try to send to that mail some other test mails from half the world away, and it arrives instantly.

No spam filter, no other problem. It's just the Steam message that does not arrive for some weird reason.

What to do?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Edit: This is in lists, for example weeklong deals page. When you go into the gamepage it shows correctly that account x don't have account ys game.

Enhanced Steam is supposed to be completely clearing the cache when a user logs out, but sometimes it doesn't finish in time before Steam's servers log you off.

For best results, clear the Enhanced Steam cache (using the menu at the top) before logging in.

And speaking of Enhanced Steam issues, it looks like Valve updated their "add_to_cart" forms to include the user's session ID. So for the time being, DLC checkboxes aren't working. I should have a fix available for that later this week.

Kerrinck

My Xbox 360 pad just broke down and I was wondering if anyone is using the ps4 or Xone pads to play on the pc. Curious to see if they are worth while and as simple to use as the 360 one.

Jawmuncher

Can someone bugfix me this?

I've just installed Windows 8.1 on the new PC and was trying to install Steam over there. Installation is fine, but when I try to log-in it wants me to input a security code, since it's a new machine.

So I go look in my email (the one I always used these years without any problem) and the security code isn't there. So I try to send to that mail some other test mails from half the world away, and it arrives instantly.

No spam filter, no other problem. It's just the Steam message that does not arrive for some weird reason.

What to do?

I had this issue awhile back where I just didn't get it. Ended up just waiting a few hours tried again. Lo and behold it decides to come instantly later.

Jawmuncher

My Xbox 360 pad just broke down and I was wondering if anyone is using the ps4 or Xone pads to play on the pc. Curious to see if they are worth while and as simple to use as the 360 one.

XONE with a micro USB cord and drivers works just like the 360 pad. You need tools for DS4 and a micro USB or a Bluetooth but they're very easy to set up. Though the Bluetooth can be very finnicky.

Comes down to preference really and or price.
Both are great on PC but 360 pads are just so much cheaper.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm using the Xbox One controller and I like it a lot. The only bad thing is that it's not usable on the PC unless it's wired in with the USB cable (no wireless dongle) but otherwise it works great.

A lot of people here have said they also use the PS4 controller and that it works well.

Darkroronoa

But in Ys...you visit only one city?
I mean, the game is pretty limited, all the dungeons are just nearby the city or inside other dungeon, I thought this was like Final Fantasy (travel among the world, a lot of cities etc).
Are other games of the series like Felgana?

Origin and the ark of napishtim are like the oath in felghana, 3D action. Ys 1 and 2 are old school with a camera from above, you dont even have an attack button (except spells i think), you just go and touch enemies and kill them (still needs skill because you hit them from the side except if you outlevel them if i remember correctly). Ys 1 that i have finished i think had more than 1 city and was kinda zelda like, had exploring and you had too find some items to proceed and a level was like a maze. Its really old school but was great.
Origin doesnt even have a city, you play the whole game in a tower, but it is great too.
Ys seven is kinda like oath but you have a party and its longer game, it also has more cities i think (played only half, cant remember it good).

Anyway, you dont play Ys for the plot, you play it for the non stop action, the huge difficult bosses and the Amazing music (with capital A).

Turfster

Well the blog post itself says it was posted today... maybe you don't even read your own links! heh

That's what I get for only casting half an eye on the channel while working.
I totes did post the other puppygames link about how they had money troubles and were doing Basingstoke tho!

There have been inexplicable Metal Wolf Chaos teases/begging in the Steam threads for months. I really hope this is stealth viral marketing by someone who knows something we don't. I'd LOVE that game. I don't expect it to happen, however, so I wish the mentions would stop. Why create false hope? :(

Dr Dogg

Oooohhh what's this a notification on Steam.

Daily Secrets of Raetikon 50% off
Humble Daily Killer is dead 40% off

Weeklong deals are up... including Bad rats for 24 cents.

Dear Friends List,

You're fucked.

Love, Man Puncher

Hmmmmm....

MOTHER FUC....

Well I guess it's rude not to accept gifts. And it's not like I can get fucked over twice unless Bath Rats 2: Rat with a Revengance comes out. That and who can resit a Robert Palmer reference.

Cheers I guess Man Puncher.

Beelzebubs

Figured whilst I have some money in Steam wallet I'd do a small giveaway before the Bad Rats shitstorm. All cheap games but all have cards. The Exceed is the first one, Modbot picking up as the 2nd one sue to my bad formatting

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Exceed -- MB-E78E01AC66C18B86 - Taken by Ruruja. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros #2 -- MB-7F1BE4320C426D80 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Super Sanctum TD #2 -- MB-1DDD13202A9DF41F
Exceed #2 -- MB-E5B19047B84B9847 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-E8AFB14C35E61A31
Super Sanctum TD -- MB-E5FE610C2643CBA4

t1408393527z1.png

Lain

Just as I received my Bad Rats gift (thank you, holder of the best avvy on GAF), I realized I forgot to grab a couple OST from the Japanese sale before it ended. Guess it'll have to be the next time.

Just as I received my Bad Rats gift (thank you, holder of the best avvy on GAF), I realized I forgot to grab a couple OST from the Japanese sale before it ended. Guess it'll have to be the next time.

Same here, be careful guys, seems someone with an awesome avatar is a serial bad ratter.

Darkroronoa

I'm playing Felgana on Very Easy XD

Plz no :(
You miss the enjoyment of beating a difficult boss with pure skill. Bosses in oath are really fair, its really an awesome feeling beating a boss in Ys!
Even if you have trouble and die multiple times the game will offer you to lower the difficulty so you can pass the spot. Also if you have trouble you can just farm a couple of levels and it becomes much easier (this happens in all Ys games i played).

Why? The game is only hard when you don't understand the importance of leveling up.

This, you can make the game hard or easy, its up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom