• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

The green notification box in the new blue client is so ugly, lol. They should just make it blue too!

I'm fine with that green (old was better though) but it bugs me that now when there is an item in it, the link is white instead of green.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313340/

$0.99

WW83usG.png

The system requirements are great.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haha, unless Deponia has the most bleak ending to a lighthearted point and click adventure I've ever seen I think I just had an unfortunately timed crash. Spoilers for the third game:
I just injected Goal with an overdose of truth serum, the game told me she was dead, I was thrown overboard and then the game closed itself down.
THE END.

Edit: Oh I bought Mountain from the Humble Store. I wonder if they'll give me a Steam key?

I saw you guys being pretty meh on the mountain and i wondered why you're all hating on a good ios game.

then i realized that Monument Valley and The Mountain are not the same game.

Hilarious how much the opinions on Destiny have turned around on this site. I remember the lukewarm reactions and even doomsayers (mostly due to the budget), but now it's going to be the biggest, best thing ever. A new Bungie IP published by Acti. How predictable. Still not sold on it btw, but a PC release would be welcome nonetheless.

Aww yiss. Silent Hill 2 works very well. It doesn't recognize the R2/L2 triggers of my PS3 pad (or directional arrows) but I don't really need those though. Even the Steam Overlay worked until I made the game run in Administrator Mode so I could actually save.

Hilarious how much the opinions on Destiny have turned around on this site. I remember the lukewarm reactions and even doomsayers (mostly due to the budget), but now it's going to be the biggest, best thing ever. A new Bungie IP published by Acti. How predictable. Still not sold on it btw, but a PC release would be welcome nonetheless.

There's been hints of a PC release for some time next year. I can't decide if I want to wait for that or just get it on PS4 when it releases. I guess I'll wait and see how much I want to play it once it is out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Enhanced Steam is supposed to be completely clearing the cache when a user logs out, but sometimes it doesn't finish in time before Steam's servers log you off.

For best results, clear the Enhanced Steam cache (using the menu at the top) before logging in.

And speaking of Enhanced Steam issues, it looks like Valve updated their "add_to_cart" forms to include the user's session ID. So for the time being, DLC checkboxes aren't working. I should have a fix available for that later this week.

Speaking of ES, the community features aren't playing ball with HTTPS Everywhere.

Turfster

I still don't give a flying fuck about Destiny ;)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

"It will be huge."

*watches another bland trailer showing underwhelming take on Venusian environments*

It's almost like people's responses are tonally consistent with the hyperbolic press quotes tossed into each trailer.

I'm so happy I passed my genetics course. Here's a giveaway.

HINT: It totally isn't Bad Rats.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-3D4D76448B4D2C52 - Taken by derExperte. 18 entrants total.

t1408385127z1.png

"It will be huge."

*watches another bland trailer showing underwhelming take on Venusian environments*

It's almost like people's responses are tonally consistent with the hyperbolic press quotes tossed into each trailer.

Ironic, isn't it? But when it's a game they don't care about it, then enter "manufactured hype!" and confusion.

derExperte

Don't know why it's cheaper, I'm afraid. Maybe it's to do with the Cologne championship?

Doesn't matter, 2,19€ (thx for no currency conversion bullshit) made it an impulse purchase and might bring me to finally play more CS.

I still don't give a flying fuck about Destiny ;)

A few hours into the beta I was mildly interested, a few hours later I had my fill. It's so middle of the road and unexciting that it could actually be a huge hit.

Turfster

I can see lots of people raising a shitstorm about Mountain.
I knew what I was going to get going into it, but I doubt many others do.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I still think that one day there will be a game that treats players' choices with respect. I don't mind if the game has to end early because of some choice I made. Add in an option to rewind time if that's what it takes. It's just that no matter if it's Mass Effect, The Walking Dead by Telltale Games or Always Sometimes Monsters they market the game for offering choice but it really is just an illusion.

Of course making such a game is way more expensive but I think the result would be worth it.

In this respect I think you may want to try Alpha Protocol. The gameplay lacks polish and reverts to a stats based affair, thanks to a mandate from Sega, but the RPG elements are some of the best I've experienced when it comes to player choice. Just remember, if you want an easier time in combat, to invest in the Pistol discipline as it is over powered.

I played the alpha and the beta.

It's PSO meets Borderlands but with an ok multiplayer mode and a shit ton of polish. It's good, but nothing about it screams to me GET THIS ON DAY ONE.

Then again, steam has conditioned me into paying little for AAA experiences and i feel weird paying $60 for just about anything that isn't a first party nintendo game. It doesn't help that you know there will be a GOTY edition with all of the DLC packs and a possible PC port down the line.

Like i said, nintendo's first party games (because those games retain their value and tend to take a long ass time to get "cheap"), a fighting game (because getting in early lets you learn the online game and matchups along with everyone else), and maybe the occasional COD game on a console (rather play against others with a controller) are the only things i can kinda pay $60 for and not feel squeamish or that i've done a terrible wrong by me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of ES, the community features aren't playing ball with HTTPS Everywhere.

There are so many instances where ES specifically pulls data from HTTP sites that I'd almost go so far as to say it's not compatible with HTTPS Everywhere.

I know that Chrome now allows you to load elements with "//www.whatever.com" notation (whereas it determines HTTP or HTTPS based on the way the current site is loaded) but to my knowledge Firefox does not.

Until both Chrome and Firefox can come up with a standard way to handle this, I'm going to have to keep it this way. Sorry in advance to HTTPS Everywhere users.

Turfster

Humble Rhythm bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Probabilty 0
  • Electronic Super Joy Groove City
TIER 2: BTA
  • Electronic Super Joy + Bonus Content
  • Bit Trip Runner 2 + Good Friends
TIER 3: 7$
  • Kickbeat Steam Edition

Copons

MOTHER FUC....

WELL I'LL BE DAMNED

I was just minding my own business when BOOM!

RDLg1Ns.png

Internet really is not safe anymore. I totally miss the good old times when at worst you would be sexually harassed by some 30-something nerds pretending to be a teen girl.

Of course, as I am a man of strong ethical values, I accepted my fate and I'll sell those cards with my head held high.

Nabs

Yeah, but the fact is I have a massive backlog to clean, so I want achieve this game fast way. If I'll like it, one day I will replay it the way is mean to be played, but for now Very Easy is okay, really don't wanna spend hours on grinding levels.

It's not that type of JRPG, "grinding" takes minutes.

I just knew when I was fighting that boss encounter in the beta that required five minutes of concentrated shooting at to whittle down its lifebar while it did nothing but stand in one spot and attacked, killing you almost instantly if it ever hit, that it was going to be something special.

Whenever you get to the point in a dungeon where the level up bar barely moves, that's when you know you're good for the rest of the dungeon. Otherwise, that thing is popping off all of damn time while you're in there haha.

madjoki

I know that Chrome now allows you to load elements with "//www.whatever.com" notation (whereas it determines HTTP or HTTPS based on the way the current site is loaded) but to my knowledge Firefox does not.

It should work on Firefox too. Used this notation on my script to add buy & sell orders to inventory page and it works on http & https page.

Tizoc

I think my total grinding time is like 2 hours, tops, maybe 2:30 since I needed to grind somewhat for the final boss.
The game however is more about learning enemy patterns, once you got them down, defeating bosses isn't too hard.

I just knew when I was fighting that boss encounter in the beta that required five minutes of concentrated shooting at to whittle down its lifebar while it did nothing but stand in one spot and attacked, killing you almost instantly if it ever hit, that it was going to be something special.

Is that still the formula for fun, then

Sounds a lot like Borderlands, which was not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom