• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Played some Sacred 3 and completed the first level, which works as a bit of a tutorial.

Positive notes about the game is that the action is fun and even on the normal difficulty there is a certain degree of attention required in dodging attacks and using your skills well to break the enemies' guards etc.

Negative notes are the fact that the game crashed on me after I completed the level as I hit friends to see what it was about, if to compare results or invite people to a game.
The framerate acting in a weird way at the start of the level (it was smooth initially, then it started acting up in a way I don't know how to describe, then it got fixed after I set it again as 1920x1080p 60Hz).
The fact that the only things you collect are gold and orbs to replenish your health and skill energy, and some souls used for something later (I guess).

Have you played Sacred 2? Does this game boast a huge game world like that one did?

Here's a game!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Expeditions: Conquistador -- MB-640702A22EA7C3DC - Taken by S1n1st3r

derExperte

Have you played Sacred 2? Does this game boast a huge game world like that one did?

I read it has no open world, only a map where you select missions. Do not buy this expecting anything like the old Sacreds, this is something completely different.

Sparks-and-messages-in-Transistor.gif

Woo, it's MINE!
Thanks a lot for awesome giveaway

MRORANGE

For people who want to submit game recommendations for September:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for September (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in September that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th August

Indignate

Indignate, how many more days do you have left with that avatar? wasnt it from winning Phoenix Bad Rats giveaway?

Less than a day.

I'm not sure what the statute of limitation is on this, but I'll probably just change it whenever I get around to it at this point.

Unless Phoenix-Senpai disagrees.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-FBD74043E7D382D6
Jack Lumber -- MB-FEEA281E68E8251C
1000 Amps -- MB-DD142DB46990F898

More games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for billmcdougal:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Konung 2 -- MB-A8C3ED7AF181F1E1 - Taken by Knurek
Mata Hari -- MB-9369A0B819FB2A9B - Taken by xeris
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-ABFF0B39A8FEA29C - Taken by Catshade

mannerbot

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mannerbot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-AF0474AFBDCE5CA7 - Taken by Murry33

Reverse tower defense for anyone that doesn't have it yet.

RS4-

ModBot said:
Instructions for RS4-:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RS4-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Titan Quest -- MB-D6517EE541092F6C - Taken by CrunchyFrog

have fun

dot

Oh man, Gang Beasts is coming to steam this month? I watched Nova play this. It looks so fun and hilarious!

It's misspelled in the new releases section of the OP by the way, MRORANGE. It's Gang, not Game.

Lain

I have played Sacred 2 a bit on PS3. This is nothing like that.
You get dropped on your mission, constantly killing enemies as you progress through the level, activate checkpoints on your way, kill the level boss and exit the level (this is how the first level/mission was and I expect the rest to be just like it).
Also the game doesn't take itself seriously at all which is nice, but I don't think the delivery works as it was envisioned.

For people looking for something like the old games, this is nothing but a huge disappointment. If I hadn't got it for cheap I would have been hugely disappointed too. If anything, killing stuff is fun.

Kifimbo

Daily giveaway:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sentinel -- MB-89F6B2B7401807C5 - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.

t1406853923z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
haha love the new thread title! <3 You guys are the best.

Also chixdiggit, I saw your post towards the end of the last thread and wanted to share my thoughts.

It looks like the steam-idle application isn't launching properly. I noticed that you have idle master installed to E:\Steam\ Is this your Steam installation folder? Or a folder in your Steam library? It's possible that, if it is, it's interfering with how steam-idle is executing. My only thought at the moment is try moving the Idle Master folder somewhere else and see if that works.

Sorry I haven't put up a dedicated thread for Idle Master yet. It's been a rough couple of days for me, my kids flew across the country to stay with family for a few weeks for the summer and my wife has been near inconsolable. Still, I'll try to get something together, tomorrow at the latest.

Uzzy

tioslash

So, is Red Faction Armageddon really a big step down from Guerrilla or just a different gameplay experience? I´m thinking about getting it but would like to read some opinions first.

Double

Sorry I haven't put up a dedicated thread for Idle Master yet. It's been a rough couple of days for me, my kids flew across the country to stay with family for a few weeks for the summer and my wife has been near inconsolable. Still, I'll try to get something together, tomorrow at the latest.
Stuff like this can wait without a problem, your real life has to go first always. You're already a blessing to this community as is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom