• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

I need your help. I want to play a meaty game that will suck me in but can't decide between System Shock 2 and Deus Ex: GOTY edition

I've played neither.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's on my wish list and I will buy it, but only when it reaches 3$. I'm buying it for the boobs, not the writing.

I'll be buying it for cards, too. Those card prices are going to be so lucrative, along with the backgrounds and emotes.

I need your help. I want to play a meaty game that will suck me in but can't decide between System Shock 2 and Deus Ex: GOTY edition

I've played neither.

They're both really good, but don't believe the title.

Deus Ex isn't just GOTY.

It's GOAT.

I must try this iDLEM@STER out one of these days. There are some games where I'm just interested in the cards than the game itself.

BruteUA

Share in my Idlemaster proceeds. Enjoy some gorillas.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BruteUA, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction Guerrilla -- MB-354E75002E0DC5ED - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 6 entrants total.

t1406864904z1.png

Played a few hours of Wildstar today, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it, the art style is fresh and different enough from other games to make it a nice game to look at, it's almost like Star Wars The Old Republic mixed with Shadowrun Returns in terms of visuals, the combat is really nice and responsive with a little bit of a action RPG vibe to it, the story isn't super interesting but that might change as the game goes on but for a 7 day trial, I feel like it's a really fun game that I look forward to playing when it goes free to play.

Ozium

well considering the games listed are 1/100th as meaty

we have very different definitions of the word

how is DOTO meaty? It's 1 map and people just constantly yell at you.. people say it takes 100 hours to 'get good' at dota 2.. I don't consider that meaty, I consider that obtuse.

NO YOU DON'T. YOU JUST NEED AN EXCUSE TO PLAY IT LIKE ME.

eh, getting yelled at for an hour by russians is not my idea of fun

tioslash

I've played neither.

Haven´t played SS2 yet myself, but I did play Deus EX and I think it´s an absolutely brilliant game.

Miker

I got into Dota 2 a week or two ago, and now I'm not sure I'll ever get out. But then again, a few years ago I played nothing but SC2 for half a year, and now I barely even care about the last expansion.

I'll be buying it for cards, too. Those card prices are going to be so lucrative, along with the backgrounds and emotes.

They're both really good, but don't believe the title.

Deus Ex isn't just GOTY.

It's GOAT.
It's the GOATY

Game of all the years.

But Ozium, just pick one, play through it, then play the other one. You can't go wrong with either.

EdmondD

System Shock 2 is actually not that long. I would play that first and then play Deus Ex. You can't go wrong with either one.

Ozium

Yes but after that first 100 hours, you can't stop.

Do you know why Heroin is so addictive? because the first time you do it you feel amazing. If it takes 100 hours before the addiction kicks in, then how do you explain the 99 hours beforehand?

chronomac

I may have recommended this before but I think that, along with the list of most posts, we should have a leaderboard for those that have given the most games away. Yes, Jase would probably be at the top of that one too, but it'd still be cool to see.

Oublieux

I thought this game was charming. If you like Double Fine, you'll certainly love this game :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oublieux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Cave (Steam) -- MB-347532491963F935 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 13 entrants total.

t1406855183z1.png

GaussTek

Yeah, Idle Master has been pretty useful, although I found out that some games are taking a lot more time to drop cards than when used SAM, but I guess that it depends on each game, right?

Nabs

Yeah, Idle Master has been pretty useful, although I found out that some games are taking a lot more time to drop cards than SAM, but I guess that it depends on each game, right?

It's doing the same exact thing SAM does, so it's probably just the game being bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of only if

didn't enjoy it in the slightest :/

i'm also quite claustrophobic and had to quit when you get stuck in a coffin

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Doooooom!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stuggernaut, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doom 3: BFG Edition -- MB-E10D652A23CB87C0 - Taken by drakaenae. 32 entrants total.

t1406865263z1.png

Double

I've played neither.
I guess DE is meatier but SS2 will suck you in more. Play both =)
So probably SS2 first though :>

Pool Nation 1,49€ bought! Virtua Pool was fun back in the day...

GaussTek

It's doing the same exact thing SAM does, so it's probably just the game being bullshit.

Yeah, I thought so. Batman AO has been idling for about 4 hours now and still have 3 cards left to drop :/

Edit. I'm stupid, it has been idling for about 2 1/2 hours, not 4 lol (bad math). I guess I'm just being impatient haha

What is SAM?

Steam Achievement Manager.

Ozium

Thanks everyone I think I'm gonna go with SS2 first since people are saying it's shorter.. Hopefully Ken Levine won't let me down like he did with Bioshock Infinite...

are there any worthwhile mods for SS2 or is the vanilla game OK?

Finished The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. Outside of how dumb the Ally A.I. can be & how dumb the story got at the end I really enjoyed it. I suck at at Strategy games so I appreciate the more casual approach this game takes. I'll probably give XCOM: Enemy Unknown shot but I don't expect to make it much further than I did the last time I played. (All my agents are either too injured to fight or dead.)

Also, The Bureau End Game *SPOILERS*
I had no problem shooting Carter, fuck that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom