• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

dam it , DMC4SE is really a bad port
just alt+ tab the game ,and it will crash after 10-15 seconds
and till now there is no patch

Maybe try to go into window and when you're finished back into fullscreen mode with alt +enter

The community got that "big" due to the lack of LFG tool in the game. Besides that, apparently the game is also lacking in in-game chat feature?
Therefore, people look for groups on the thread instead.

Sounds like a very good and well thought out game.

Tektonic

Speaking of time sinks.. Was hoping to finish up some games today, nope... Elder scrolls online, why do I even care...

(How much time should I spend to get my 20$ worth)

Sounds like a very good and well thought out game.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing a PC game like Destiny at the current state. It may be acceptable for a console game, but it'll be left to dust in a month on PC.
If they were to port the game to PC, they really should put those things on the game.

Speaking of time sinks.. Was hoping to finish up some games today, nope... Elder scrolls online, why do I even care...

(How much time should I spend to get my 20$ worth)

I've spent 60 hours on ESO already.
Totally worth it.

Uraizen

Banned
If any of you want to play a game similar to megaman while you wait for mighty number 9 i would recommend getting 20xx , its basically a roguelike megaman game with 2 player coop mode ( offline and online ) ,been playing it for some time and im really liking it.

Its still at early access so there are some things that need some improvement but its really solid at its current state

I might actually buy this, thanks for the heads up.

MGR's Jetstream Sam DLC is brutal. Armstrong is absurdly fast, which makes it hard to time dodges, and his damage leaves no room for error. Doesn't help that the game decided to checkpoint mid-fight with me having zero nanopaste left.

Here's a little tip that seems to help everyone. Your forward roll has more invincibility than any of your other dodges. So roll toward him when he attacks.

Rizzi

Destiny has LFG stuff for everything that isn't raids of the higher level Prison of Elders.
And no in game social features.

Sch1sm

Wait, destiny has no chat online? that weird

I don't know, I've never played the game. I was just assuming, why would people post party recruitment on a forum if there were one?
Can someone confirm?

There was a time where you could only party up with friends on PSN/XBL and talk that way. There was a patch to address this, but even then not everyone is immediately put into it. You can opt in or out of team chat freely. Strikes/Crucible matches only, iirc.

It's a painful deal. Don't know why Bungie didn't just go the Halo route of things and let them slag each other off in peace.

Tizoc

I had an odd dream where Atlus announced the Raidou Kuzunoha remasters for next gen consoles and PC/Steam.
...though I prob. had that dream from reading a recent Raidou K. thread on GAF :p

Arthea

so, Trails SC won't come this year either, that joke about 2016 summer wasn't the joke after all, as expected.
Oh well

Celestian Tales: Old North releases today, I'm not sure what to do... I'm enjoying FFF too much to drop it now.

Talking about FFF, it still hangs in top sellers list, IF must be pleased, also sales so far according to steamspy
20,091 ± 3,554

edited: I hope Xseed knows that I'm not buying Steel until I played Trails trilogy
who am I kidding...

Sch1sm

so, Trails SC won't come this year either, that joke about 2016 summer wasn't the joke after all, as expected.
Oh well

Celestian Tales: Old North releases today, I'm not sure what to do... I'm enjoying FFF too much to drop it now.

Talking about FFF, it still hangs in top sellers list, IF must be pleased, also sales so far according to steamspy
20,091 ± 3,554

edited: I hope Xseed knows that I'm not buying Steel until I played Trails trilogy
who am I kidding...

Good thing it's only 2015 right now! You can keep up hope. I guess.

Oh well

who am I kidding...

lol

I'll be buying it too :/

Deques

I had an odd dream where Atlus announced the Raidou Kuzunoha remasters for next gen consoles and PC/Steam.
...though I prob. had that dream from reading a recent Raidou K. thread on GAF :p
Why do you still say next-gen console? All of them are out and are now called current gen consoles

Arthea

Good thing it's only 2015 right now! You can keep up hope. I guess.

hope can live just as long, with Trails TC not even announced and SC taking ages to release... ya I don't see things going the way I want them to go.

I still don't understand why Xseed can't hire more people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At that time, we did not have websites to access the Steam registry, so Stallion Free and Nabs were the first ones to leak future releases on Steam.

Then all other forums and some websites would just cite their posts and make a news article about it. This is how I came to learn about NeoGAF.

Steam registry sites have been around since at least early 2012 late 2011:

~February 2012: CDR DB ~October 2011: CDR DB
~March 2012: CDR Parser, the progenitor of...
~December 2012: Steam Apps Database, which was renamed...
~March 2013: SteamDB

I know I'm missing one.

Edit: I'm thinking of Steam Schema, which also went live ~March 2013 but just scanned apps for achievements.

Sober

Ah yes, I remember why I stopped playing BL2 so many months back, the game just loves throwing enemies at you that can just destroy you with no effort despite you having level appropriate gear but shit drops. Guess people saying you should mod the drop rates in BL2 weren't joking. Guess that's what I also deserve for playing solo.

Dr Dogg

So far this month they aren't even in the top 10 except for Salsa. Wonder how the threads were like back then.

Fucking hell. Considering I only impart my wisdom to you buggers during the week I'm surprised that I've posted that much already.

I must have started posting early 2011 in SteamGAF, think I was paranoid in not posting anywhere else at first in case I got banned before my 300th post.

I had list of all Steam threads but I have no idea in which thread it is in now :(

After 2 botched attempts to get a GAF account after finally getting allowed past the rope I took close to a year and a half to get to 300 posts (not that I post anything stupid that would get me banned, at all, ever) but I think the month after the Junior Member stabilisers came off I sunk 300+ post in the Steam thread.

Oh and this is what you were looking for as you did a special OP for the 25th Steam thread with stats galore on who posted, posters present in every thread, thread creators and whole load of other random stats.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847028

Arthea

Fucking hell. Considering I only impart my wisdom to you buggers during the week I'm surprised that I've posted that much already.

After 2 botched attempts to get a GAF account after finally getting allowed past the rope I took close to a year and a half to get to 300 posts (not that I post anything stupid that would get me banned, at all, ever) but I think the month after the Junior Member stabilisers came off I sunk 300+ post in the Steam thread.

Oh and this is what you were looking for as you did a special OP for the 25th Steam thread with stats galore on who posted, posters present in every thread, thread creators and whole load of other random stats.

That's the way I took, as far as I can remember.

It's also a shame that Jasec almost don't post anymore, from my time in the steam thread, he answered most of the questions before and we have no other such "full time" posters.

edited: also I think I don't even post outside of the steam thread anymore, all community threads I'm part of are low activity ones and I mostly read gaming side without much of posting, helps to avoid bans too.

edited:
and you all should buy and play Fairy Fencer, so we can talk about it instead of our posting habits.

edit2:
about my dilemma:
It's not possible to play two RPGs at once, I tried before it never worked, or is it possible?

Deques

edit2:
about my dilemma:
It's not possible to play two RPGs at once, I tried before it never worked, or is it possible?

In my experience it's never possible to play two RPGs at once. You just mix the stories together and you'll get confused.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Durante in the 2008 thread "I support this thread. Especially in light of all the digital distribution fuckups -- recent and longstanding -- by the console companies, Steam needs (even) more exposure. It shows that it's not really all that hard to get almost everything right."

What a long way we've come since then.

Arthea

In my experience it's never possible to play two RPGs at once. You just mix the stories together and you'll get confused.

Ya, not only that, you get confused battle commands and other useful habits...

IDK what to do... FFF isn't a short game, quite contrary, in fact, and it's meant to be played several times too.
otoh, it still could be that Celestian Tales will be too expensive and problem solves itself.

Chariot

I don't understand Gamergate. Sniper Elite 3 seems to be uncut and unsensored in Germany and yet I can't the offer. Is there something I am overseeing?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've been looking around for viva piñata PC but can't find it on any digital stores.

I think Microsoft should release it on their own storefront or steam because right now only way for me to play it is either to buy a disc reader to use my physical copy of it or [REDACTED] it, these situations is always shitty.

Arthea

I've been looking around for viva piñata PC but can't find it on any digital stores.

I think Microsoft should release it on their own store front because right now only way for me to play it is either to buy a disc reader to use my physical copy of it or [REDACTED] it, these situations is always shitty.

wait with me until it's on steam
problem solved

I don't understand Gamergate. Sniper Elite 3 seems to be uncut and unsensored in Germany and yet I can't the offer. Is there something I am overseeing?

you mean you don't see it on store or what?
also it's gamersgate, kindly don't confuse the two, it can end badly, you know

edited: not to mention that it had such price on steam too, I just checked

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Use a VPN. Gamersgate.se and Gamersgate.co.uk used to be accessible without a VPN, but it seems GG finally caught on.

Chariot

you mean you don't see it on store or what?
also it's gamersgate, kindly don't confuse the two, it can end badly, you know
Ah jeez, I'm always making that mistake. S or no s. Why didn't they just call themselves dicktwats.

Use a VPN. Gamersgate.se and Gamersgate.co.uk used to be accessible without a VPN, but it seems GG finally caught on.
I am mainly confused why it's behind a region restriction anyways when it's not censored in Germany.

I can't use a VPN on my phone, is there any offer for two games or a 4-pack? Or only the 17 dollar single game that se7en was so nice to telling me.

ExoSoul

Banned
Regarding Journey of the Light, Steam should take action against it soon and I'm wondering what's the course of action for situations like these?

Considering the game itself is a scam will the cards/badges get removed or will they simply delist the game and keep everything else?

It has already been delisted. Cards and badges remain, of course.

So the dev will still make a minimal amount of profit from it, interesting.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding Journey of the Light, Steam should take action against it soon and I'm wondering what's the course of action for situations like these?

Considering the game itself is a scam will the cards/badges get removed or will they simply delist the game and keep everything else?
It has already been delisted. Cards and badges remain, of course.

About that, one thing I can say is that people who still have the game will not receive card drops anymore, apparently.

EDIT: Bernardo provided a better answer

why wouldn't they?
It's what i've read in some trading card places, not sure on the authenticity. I've edited my post to make it sound better. >_<

MUnited83

For you.
About that, one thing I can say is that people who still have the game will not receive card drops anymore, apparently.

EDIT: Bernardo provided a better answer

It's what i've read in some trading card places, not sure on the authenticity. I've edited my post to make it sound better. >_<

I don't think that's accurate at all. While I don't remember if I ever got drops from a removed game, I did make a few boosters for them. Journey of the Light is also still available for booster pack crafting. If they outright removed the cards I don't think this would be the case.

I don't think that's accurate at all. While I don't remember if I ever got drops from a removed game, I did make a few boosters for them. Journey of the Light is also still available for booster pack crafting. If they outright removed the cards I don't think this would be the case.

I see, thanks. I was unaware of that. Sorry for that misinformation!

Lain

There's a lot of people posting about joining parties and stuff, I guess it's because the game has no raid matchmaking.

Does the game also not have in game chatting system or tools to build your raid parties with your friend lists, or clans/guilds?

MUnited83

For you.
Daily BUY ROCKET LEAGUE post and gif!

ubg42xJ.gif

Arthea

Daily BUY ROCKET LEAGUE post and gif!

http://i.imgur.com/ubg42xJ.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

It's way too hot to play it now

I actually found out that solitaire works for cooling games
just sharing this bit of very valuable info

[quote="MMBosstones86, post: 174875331"]
Because [B]Soccer[/B].[/QUOTE]

*cringes*

Dr Dogg

Tell that to the ref when Lampard got robbed in 2010. Granted Germany probably would have still thumped us but the score would have been 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom