• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

So, leftovers/duplicates from the current Humble Bundle.

The first guy to quote this post with a picture of a cute kitten gets a free key for Ace Combat Assault Horizon and DeadCore.

Jawmuncher

So, leftovers/duplicates from the current Humble Bundle.

The first guy to quote this post with a picture of a cute kitten gets a free key for Ace Combat Assault Horizon and DeadCore.
I just really wanted to post this
72cc206e24e08ace73e596e4c77f64aa.jpg

Wrong tread?

I don't get it. You can give away a game however you want. I one time held a art contest for the inversion & enslaved bundles.

iosefe

Speaking of not being in the right thread, I'm sitting in a mostly empty Theater waiting to watch a matinee for Rogue Nation

Dr Dogg

If anyone makes a MS Paint giveaway again I'll personally pull out their finger nails with a pair of rusty pliers.

Speaking of horrible things I'm tempted to pick up the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC while it's 'cheap' for bizarre reasons. Isn't there another DLC dropping tomorrow? Fuck off I know it's on Origin but no one goes to that thread as it smells of death.

zkylon

zkylewd
super late responses cos half of argieland was out of internet yesterday and i had these written and ended up copying them in a notepad to post them later lol.

No main computer and no internet would've been super boring if i didn't have to vote and
didn't just go play with my baby brother who's officially the cutest thing on earth

anywho here goes my xj02 (or whatshisuruname) post

Yeah, that last line from me was unnecessary, tbh.
It really doesn't has anything to do with profit. It's just my wit though, they really hate piracy so they'll do anything to stop it. And it can be seen from their recent terms with Denuvo DRM and always online for some/most of their games. Always online is the perfect DRM against piracy, Blizzard teaches us that with Diablo 3, and I think EA is following their footsteps.
i mean, the thing is, blizzard does a whole lot other things that get ppl to buy their games, least of them all is probably the always online thing. like, my friend that has pirated every single game of his life bought diablo 3 because he loves the series and wants to play it, so you could say it works, but also you could say it works because it's diablo and a lot of ppl love it already. there might be a ton of clones but there's only one diablo made by blizzard, and that carries a lot of weight

attaching always online to something like need for speed isn't the same cos you can just pirate like two dozen car games instead, including previous need for speed games (it's not like there's like one a year right? lol)

Is Psycho-Pass any good? Been watching 3 episodes, I hope the story get better soon.
it's great, it gets dumb at times but it's fantastic, i love the world and the characters and the music and the overall style, it's awesome. season one only, tho, the second season and the movie both suck

Fear not, I didn't intend to. If you do ever see one...Well, I can easily see you being much more afraid of those.

They're like armored giant mutant spiders of a crabby variety.
yeah, keep ur creepy descriptiosn to urself -__-

Miyazaki and From are poised to launch "several new projects."

I'm positively giddy. I've stumbled into some Armored Core threads and its been said that those games are even deeper than Souls.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1093062
nice, i really hope to see something entirely new. like vanquish for from, i want to see what the design sensibilities from the souls series would mean to a shooter, or an action adventure game, or a jrpg, or a strategy game, or whatever

Completed Alpha Protocol and I picked up the dumb ending as usually because I took a wrong way during a crucial decision. Basically
I was in the boat with Steve and we blasted the hell out of the facility :S
i mean, u roleplayed as a boring character, boring is what you get

try to use some creativity next time

I could see a GITS game like Dishonored working. I remember wanting Dishonored to have a bit more environmental interaction and reactivity to possession. Something like GITS could build around that pretty well. For the action, and conveying the intensity of a cyborg and augmented fights...It's hard to think of deep mechanics beyond what's already been done--bullet time and QTEs. How do you make it surprising and interesting that everyone has a cannon for a knee? It's one of those things that's always going to clash between fiction and gameification--fiction can have every character be uniquely modified but a game needs enemy types.

I could also see a GITS game being way too complex. Yes, you can invis stealth onto the elevator when someone else uses it--but you have to hack the weight limit alarm first. I mean, I'd love that because it'd be a lot like a Hitman game--but the level design would be crazy hard to do.
i dunno, i think it'd be an awesome game to license arkane with, but it's never gonna happen...

Huh. I hadn't actually considered a Fallout game done using the Pillars engine. That'd make a lot of sense if Bethesda wanted to expand the Fallout brand, like they're doing with that Vault game.

That's...Almost plausible. That's a painful bit of hope to nurse there.
this won't probably happen either, but boy is it nice to dream about it

yeah i need to check these a bit more. i'll read them later, thanks

Few days ago
What is happening? Why do so many people get banned lately?
So far this month they aren't even in the top 10 except for Salsa. Wonder how the threads were like back then.
7WYK4RN.png
I do post that much? Hm. Almost all of my +5000 posts are in Steam threads but still. Maybe I should decrease posting.
I still remember the time(~March 2014) when it was JaseC and Grief.exe that were usually the top two posters. Stallion Free has dropped off the most from that list.
Stallion had good game impression posts but I haven't read one from him since some time now. Would like to see them again.
If you graph them over time, I'd imagine you will see the majority of the top five drop off a cliff in the last year or so.
Wait, a year ago? What a weird coincidence. That was just the time when I started posting here... Well, I try to be optimistic that it is just a coincidence.. and not me being part of the reason.. I know I am part of the decrease in quality..

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Why are there so many alternate headers for mystery giveaways, when garbage dumps only have one?

This is prejudice. Just because a dump truck isn't sentinent or contributing to the beginnings of SkyNet like Modbot is, doesn't mean y'all can discriminate against it. #stopmachinism

Annubis

If anyone makes a MS Paint giveaway again I'll personally pull out their finger nails with a pair of rusty pliers.

Speaking of horrible things I'm tempted to pick up the Dragon Age Inquisition DLC while it's 'cheap' for bizarre reasons. Isn't there another DLC dropping tomorrow? Fuck off I know it's on Origin but no one goes to that thread as it smells of death.

Next time I do a waifu game giveaway, I'll be sure to ask people to submit their favourite waifu drawn in Paint.

Also, DA:I, did the patch to make the interface better on PC ever happen? I don't recall hearing it did but I may have missed it (I'm waiting for the Complete edition anyway).

zkylon

zkylewd
lol that's hilarious

unquote that tho, we duno what big brother might think

also just found out little finger is on quantum break

that's still an xbone exclusive rite?

lol that's hilarious

i mean yeah

but you know the deal

just give it 12-18 months

Well, I am just quoting his post. It's not hateful stuff or anything.
That shouldn't cause problems for me.. I think.

naw, there shouldn't be a problem quoting someone within gaf. I think the issue is with posting a banned person's message for them, like what was happening with Shadownet this weekend. Pretty sure that's a nono

Dsyndrome

Well, I am just quoting his post. It's not hateful stuff or anything.
That shouldn't cause problems for me.. I think.

Gotta be careful with quoting... That should be fine though, since it doesn't echo chamber someone's personal info. Just watch that the entire thread doesn't devolve into it.

Anybody ever get an error that Steam can't finish installing something because the server wasn't communicating, even though everything downloaded? Had it happen yesterday and couldn't mess around with it due to being late, and early work this morning.

Lolcomin

Banned
lol that's hilarious

probably going to be a delayed release to PC some months to a year after it drops for Xbox

Dr Dogg

*quietly puts away plans for "Best rule 34 of Safety Inspector from Cook Serve Delicious" giveaway*

Considering I feel like I've fallen down 4 flights of stairs at the moment I don't think I'd put up much of a fight against a wt blanket so it's a harmless threat anyway. That and buggered if I'm globetrotting to strike down vengeance because of some MS Paint horrors ruin the thread for a couple of hours.

Next time I do a waifu game giveaway, I'll be sure to ask people to submit their favourite waifu drawn in Paint.

Also, DA:I, did the patch to make the interface better on PC ever happen? I don't recall hearing it did but I may have missed it (I'm waiting for the Complete edition anyway).

Don't know to be fair as I dropped in at around January after 50ish hours dude to it being one fetch quest too many. Though we had a bit of a Game of Thrones boxset bender over the weekend so got the hankering for some fantasy sex and violence. Would finish off The Witcher III but still waiting to see if most of the critical bugs are sorted in 1.08 before plodding on. Also Pillars' expansion is out in a couple of weeks and I've got that paid for as part of my pledge but still got to finish acts 2 and 3 but I'm after something a bit more sofa bound in terms of gameplay and controls at the mo. If only the Steam Controller were here now :(

lol what was dex' crime

Check this thread:-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1093521&highlight=

Then look at all the banned members and what they posted about.

Gotta be careful with quoting... That should be fine though, since it doesn't echo chamber someone's personal info. Just watch that the entire thread doesn't devolve into it.
You guys sure are making me all doubtful about editing my post. Would be a pretty stupid thing to get my first ban.

You know who else has shit ping?

Salsa.

But you've seen how good he is

Uh. Sure.

He's good.

Ping never works in anyone's favor

Uh, no.

We both know that's a lie

Yup.

Well MS Conference demo wasn't that different from what he described in second article. I never thought that MS Conference demo was amazing. Cover, dash through time, shoot. beside time laps inside building it was more-less game we played 100 times before. So it is really strange to see 180 turn when honestly MS never showed mind blowing footage of QB.

Banned? What do?

Linking Jimquisition? You're a monster.

i mean yeah

but you know the deal

just give it 12-18 months

Ha. We can hope.

Lain

I was thinking about a drawing contest with the theme DinosaursXMGS4 and have Jaw be the judge and a MGS5 copy as prize. You say it should be limited to MS Paint entries only?

Isn't any post about Kotaku automatically driveby-shitposting?
I don't understand the rules to be honest. I see a lot of "lol polygon" "kotaku is crap" and similar stuff and there are no bans.

Maybe it was because the two articles dex linked to were about different demos. Still, I too found it funny that the same person liked the game in one and disliked the game in another article. Banworthy? Apparently.

dex is out for two weeks by the way. He and lashman are the guys for infos, so he'll be missed.

Dr Dogg

I've clicked on 4 threads this morning. He's posted that exact same post in all 4 of them.

He was really proud of himself finding that.

I'm waiting for someone to dig through my post history and find that I said I was tired and fatigued by Souls games and then less than a day later after seeing some Dark Souls III footage (only off screen, shitty phone footage mind) hypocritically demand that the game exist in my hands right now. We're only human and even polarising opinions can change quite quickly given the circumstances.

I don't understand the rules to be honest. I see a lot of "lol polygon" "kotaku is crap" and similar stuff and there are no bans.

Maybe it was because the two articles dex linked to were about different demos. Still, I too found it funny that the same person liked the game in one and disliked the game in another article. Banworthy? Apparently.

dex is out for two weeks by the way. He and lashman are the guys for infos, so he'll be missed.

Here's some helpful advice from your friendly neighbourhood duckroll:-

Heads up, here's what is and what isn't acceptable in a thread about an article from a publication:

- It's fine to critique content of an article and to open it up for discussion. If there are things you disagree with or feel contradict facts, do go ahead.

- It's not fine to drive-by and shitpost about the publication with nothing more to add. That's a derail.

- It is absolutely not fine to suggest that publications should be banned on this site because they don't like a game you might like. Leave the moderation to the moderators.

- If you don't care to read the article before commenting on it, you should not bother posting in the thread if you just want to shitpost.

Have a nice day.

Teeth

I'm waiting for someone to dig through my post history and find that I said I was tired and fatigued by Souls games and then less than a day later after seeing some Dark Souls III footage (only off screen, shitty phone footage mind) hypocritically demand that the game exist in my hands right now. We're only human and even polarising opinions can change quite quickly given the circumstances.

I'm pretty sure that's moreso the reason for the banning; actually reading the articles show why seeing the trailer can make you say "neat! Looks good." then seeing an extended gameplay demo, and going..."wait, that's it?"

It's not hypocritical in any way shape or form. Disingenuously posting it as hypocrisy (or somehow corruption?) and then crowing about it in the Halo thread and the Steam thread and in two different QB threads is looking for kudos is likely the scope of the banning.

EDIT: and there we go, reason shown.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
All I'm gonna say: I see too many people on GAF trying to follow that Wario64 career path by posting on a forum.

I did realize that people get a crap ton less banned for posts here than in gaming though. Maybe people here are a bit more thoughtful when posting, maybe gaming sides nature of short threads in quick succession coupled with the many more posters than just the few active here lead to a desire of standing out by being more edgy or funny?

Teeth

I did realize that people get a crap ton less banned for posts here than in gaming though. Maybe people here are a bit more thoughtful when posting, maybe gaming sides nature of short threads in quick succession coupled with the many more posters than just the few active here lead to a desire of standing out by being more edgy or funny?

Mods just come into community way less.

It's also less presented. The gaming forum is GAF's public face. Community is like a bunch of cliques whining amongst themselves. The moderators care much less about these threads. Some of the sports threads in Off Topic Community had gotten incredibly toxic for years before a single mod would wander in and make it a bloodbath of permanent bans.

Mods aren't a panopticon, they only police what they see.

Phawx

Cripes, I leave this thread on Friday and come back to this?

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine went swimmingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom