• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally played screencheat, nidhogg and lethal league with my buddies. They're all great, highly rec. It's great to have not just new but amazing couch multiplayer games.

I suck at screencheat tho, hard to keep track of multiple screens :eek:

Finally played screencheat, nidhogg and lethal league with my buddies. They're all great, highly rec. It's great to have not just new but amazing couch multiplayer games.

I suck at screencheat tho, hard to keep track of multiple screens :eek:

The only issue with nidhogg i have is the terrible netcode. I played it with my brother on the same router...and it still had lag on jumping and running.

iosefe

I mean at this point, I wouldn't even mind if Square Enix pick up Megaman, just someone do it.

I really enjoyed the Megaman games on the Nintendo DS. I feel like they could expand on those and make it a full 3D Megaman games, open world, the whole nine yards.

we need X, Zero and ZX asap

zkylon

zkylewd
yea dark souls 2 glitchy run was pretty much the same as i saw before, but still fun, i like when players are also entertaining like that

Maybe the TASbot runs that are up now would be interesting to you then?

Not exactly game logic glitches, but there's a lot of interesting stuff about frame data and manipulation (and the guys says there are glitches coming).

yea, maybe

i should be working now but i like bugs

Tizoc

Treasure said they had more ports coming after Ikargua. That was a year and a half ago ;-;

Well if people weren't a bunch of cheapass scrubs they and bought Ikaruga for $10 or however much it went for on sale, we would've gotten those other games earlier.
I mean really if Ikaruga is your type/kind of game, just friggin' buy it, it's Treasure for crying out loud, you know they're good and worth your money.

They are sitting on 3 XBLA ports. Why do they hate steambux?

Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (May 4, 2011, Xbox Live Arcade)
Radiant Silvergun (September 14, 2011, Xbox Live Arcade)
Guardian Heroes (October 12, 2011, Xbox Live Arcade)

Yeah, I'd like all 3, particularly Radiant Silvergun.

Add em to the list of stuff that was on x360/XBLA that hasn't been ported to PC yet for some unknown reason.

Cave shmups
Hard Corps Uprising
Treasure games
etc.

They also said they would add online co-op to Ikaruga if it sold well enough.

PC Ports.

As Tizoc says -- blame the cheap asses. :\
I can be as cheap as the next guy, but even I know sometimes you should support the devs and vote with your money wherever/however possible.
Speaking of Ikaruga -- TASbot demo of Ikaruga on gamesdonequick stream right now.

Tizoc

I have no idea wtf is going on in that Ikaruga stream so I'm waiting for the Ninty block that comes after
Will make this first night shift tolerable at least :V

Deques

Well if people weren't a bunch of cheapass scrubs they and bought Ikaruga for $10 or however much it went for on sale, we would've gotten those other games earlier.
I mean really if Ikaruga is your type/kind of game, just friggin' buy it, it's Treasure for crying out loud, you know they're good and worth your money.

I bought it day one, although it was from a Russian trader

Sch1sm

Is Brave New World for Civ 5 considered DLC? I have Gods & Kings, can I buy this and it will add BnW to my game?

http://us.gamesrocket.com/download/...New-World-Addon-Key.html?ref=516&currency=USD

That's the cheapest I could find it for

Yes, it's DLC. Very...expensive DLC on Steam, but DLC. Yes, it'll add it to your game. But. At that price, you're better off waiting for the next complete edition sale so you get all the DLC.

Really, though, just wait for complete:

DNHROBK.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I feel like buying USFIV, but there is no sales now :/

Looked on steam and lowest right now is 14,99€ at DLGamer.

M.D

Yes, it's DLC. Very...expensive DLC on Steam, but DLC. Yes, it'll add it to your game. But. At that price, you're better off waiting for the next complete edition sale so you get all the DLC.

Really, though, just wait for complete:

I bought some edition with a bunch of DLC at the time
This is my DLC, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. I think it's only Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pac? The complete edition sells for $7.49 on sales and includes that and BnW.. maybe I should wait
How close are we to some sort of sale?

7JF9Osc.jpg

(the one you cant' see is Gods & Kings)

Edit: Oh it shows what DLC I'm missing on the Steam page.. of course!
I'm missing 4 DLC packs in addition to BnW. Looks like I'll wait

Uzzy

Outside of the big Steam sales, the next time I can think it'd have a serious discount would be during the Capcom Cup event at the end of the year. Or maybe during the Tokyo Game Show event on the 17th-19th of September. So really, I'd suggest getting it now if you want it.

Should've bought it during E3 sale, not sure when it will have the next one. Probably when another big SFV news drops or another tourney?

Sch1sm

I bought some edition with a bunch of DLC at the time
This is my DLC, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. I think it's only Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pac? The complete edition sells for $7.49 on sales and includes that and BnW.. maybe I should wait
How close are we to some sort of sale?

This Fall, when Rising Tide (the Beyond Earth expansion) releases there will most likely be a Sid Meier's sale. That being said, if you intend on playing the game again before September/October, $3 extra is nothing but a bundle of shitty games for what Brave New World introduces.

1. Culture victories, which you'll probably lose to Gandhi.
  2. World Congress
  3. New policies and ideologies
  4. New Intl Trade routes
  5. Some new civs
  6. New wonders
  7. The Africa imperialism scenario <3

I can't imagine even playing the game without these, seeing as I had bought the complete to start. Looking back I wonder how barren it'd have been without this one, especially. Huge DLC. Worth the price, but yeah, wait since you're missing some others*

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Outside of the big Steam sales, the next time I can think it'd have a serious discount would be during the Capcom Cup event at the end of the year. Or maybe during the Tokyo Game Show event on the 17th-19th of September. So really, I'd suggest getting it now if you want it.

How cheap does it usually go?

Might pick it up for 15&#8364; if it isn't that far from the usual sale price.

also is DLGamer legit? Never bought from there.

EDIT: Feel dumb it was arcade edition, good that I didn't buy.

Might pick it up for 15&#8364; if it isn't that far from the usual sale price.

I think it gets down to $7.50 or so. Check ES/ITAD.

Edit: I did it for you, out of curiosity: It was $10.19 last steam sale.

Uzzy

Might pick it up for 15€ if it isn't that far from the usual sale price.

It had a 66% discount during EVO, which was the cheapest I've seen Ultra. I imagine that we'd see a similar, if not greater, discount in future, with Ultra coming to the end of it's time in focus.

Caerith

This Fall, when Rising Tide (the Beyond Earth expansion) releases there will most likely be a Sid Meier's sale. That being said, if you intend on playing the game again before September/October, $3 extra is nothing but a bundle of shitty games for what Brave New World introduces.

2. World Congress
  4. New Intl Trade routes
  5. Some new civs
  6. New wonders

I can't imagine even playing the game without these, seeing as I had bought the complete to start. Looking back I wonder how barren it'd have been without this one, especially. Huge DLC. Worth the price, but yeah, wait since you're missing some others*
I've been playing since GOTY, and yeah BNW really makes the game feel complete.

The previous "complete" editions all eventually got "upgrade to X edition" options, so maybe they'll add one for the complete edition and all remaining DLC.

That said, I don't think scrambled nations/maps are worth it outside of an upgrade. All the other DLC adds civs and achievements, scrambled just adds maps.

Sch1sm

I've been playing since GOTY, and yeah BNW really makes the game feel complete.

The previous "complete" editions all eventually got "upgrade to X edition" options, so maybe they'll add one for the complete edition and all remaining DLC.

That said, I don't think scrambled nations/maps are worth it outside of an upgrade. All the other DLC adds civs and achievements, scrambled just adds maps.

Oh, they aren't. But if you're going to pay more, you may as well get something extra out of that few bucks if you aren't in some great rush for it, right? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I think the maps make a difference, anyway. Could add a difficulty factor outside of simply choosing which you'd like to play on, you know?

M.D

2. World Congress
  4. New Intl Trade routes
  5. Some new civs
  6. New wonders

I started a new game yesterday but deleted it, set up my 2 cities in a really shitty place and everyone was declaring war on me lol

Does BnW add anything to diplomacy? That's something I feel is really weak (altough I've never actually finished a single game), I would really like to have more options when interacting with other leaders

Isn't that the MAC version tho? Will it work on Windows?

The complete edition (MAC) is $9

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-the-complete-edition-mac

If it's working on Windows, sure! can anyone confirm? ;o

I started a new game yesterday but deleted it, set up my 2 cities in a really shitty place and everyone was declaring war on me lol

Does BnW add anything to diplomacy? That's something I feel is really weak (altough I've never actually finished a single game), I would really like to have more options when interacting with other leaders

It's steamplay, I think, so yes, the code works for windows as well.

Sch1sm

World Congress is a big thing for diplomacy in the game, since you really have to think about the friendships you have, who you'll anger in what you push your delegates to vote for, and what enemies you'll make if you say, make science a priority over arts. This also puts a real pressure on you to gain allies in city-states, to get more delegates and strong-arm through it all.

The new policies and ideologies also have an impact, naturally. Differing ideologies, differing directions.

Its steam page:

This new expansion provides enhanced depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy.
---------

Have there been any recent updates on the Xbox One wireless adapter?

Aside from it being a fall release for 24.99? Nothing I've noticed since June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom