• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Maybe you can consider it a remake if they bring the content that didn't make it on the unfinished US version.

I don't think that quite counts as a remake :p

Anyhow, there's exactly ZERO need for a remake of it. The game already looks super ridiculously good. Some update to the textures and models is all it needs.

iosefe

FF12 is already a REALLy pretty game. it just needs a bit of buff and polish and it will be perfect. plus Orchestral Score in full

IZJS tho

Parsnip

They could put proper shadows on everything, bring cutscene models to gameplay, increase LOD, add aniso filtering and stuff like that, that would be a nice improvement.

Tizoc

FYI:

Borderlands TPS w/ Season Pass: ~$16

https://www.gameagent.com/games/borderlands-the-presequel-season-pass-bundle

Just make sure you choose to pay in $AUD when you checkout.

--

El Donte, best Donte:

Gracias senior, so in-store AUD 20=16 USD? Good deal for me.

FF12 is already a REALLy pretty game. it just needs a bit of buff and polish and it will be perfect. plus Orchestral Score in full

IZJS tho

Much like the KH HD remasters this'll be the IZJS.

Man imagine if we do Get FFX+X2 HD on Steam. Sony ain't scared of dat Steam money.

Sch1sm

Brave New World is a substantial expansion to the game and adds quite a bit of content and features.

Also, Civ5 came out in 2010. If Civ is something you really enjoy, then waiting for 5 years to get a complete version seems rather silly to me.

Selectively reading seems silly to me, but you're doing it anyway. I had more than one post on the topic, bud.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173798424&postcount=664

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173798415&postcount=663

FFXII-HD announced on a concert. (distant worlds)

Hoping for PC version, FFXII was one of my favorite FF games.

PC version or not, this is brilliant.

Remakes suck, never understood why people like those. I prefer a remaster/re-release.

Yeah, but some games definitely need a remake, like FFVII. Remastering FFVII won't add that much difference to the original version, it's too blocky.

Anyway if it's PS4 only, it'll pretty much seal my PS4 purchase next year (or 2017) when they're ready.
FFVIIR, FFXII, FFXV, Dragon Quest XI, Star Ocean 5, Nier 2, etc. I'll be crazy if I were to miss those.

Yeah, but some games definitely need a remake, like FFVII. Remastering FFVII won't add that much difference to the original version, it's too blocky.

Anyway if it's PS4 only, it'll pretty much seal my PS4 purchase next year (or 2017) when they're ready.
FFVIIR, FFXII, FFXV, Dragon Quest XI, Star Ocean 5, Nier 2, etc. I'll be crazy if I were to miss those.

I will still prefer ff 7 in high resolution since i am a purist. I always prefer the exact original.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the theory, these PS2 to PS3 ports were done using proprietary Sony tools, thus making them exclusive to Sony platforms.

A theory that makes a lot of sense I think. I mean, if they made Type-0 HD for PS4/Xbone/PC, I don't see why FFX/X-2 wouldn't have the same treatment if it was possible to do so.

soccergod

Banned
Hopefully someone here can help me out with this, seeing as how its a steam thread (i have no clue why i cant start a thread)

Im trying to use in house streaming, from a 1920x1080 to a 13.3 rMBP (2560x1600).

I followed http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...e-host-computer-with-steam-in-home-streaming/ Step by step and did get it to a point where i could set the resolution to match the rMBP however the mouse isnt showing in the proper place, it actually click up and to the left of where it shows on the screen (good luck playing dota like that)

Is there a better way to fix the streaming at a higher res?

Hopefully someone here can help me out with this, seeing as how its a steam thread (i have no clue why i cant start a thread)

Im trying to use in house streaming, from a 1920x1080 to a 13.3 rMBP (2560x1600).

I followed http://linustechtips.com/main/topic...e-host-computer-with-steam-in-home-streaming/ Step by step and did get it to a point where i could set the resolution to match the rMBP however the mouse isnt showing in the proper place, it actually click up and to the left of where it shows on the screen (good luck playing dota like that)

You can't make a thread because you're a junior.

Sch1sm

Junior Members can't make threads.

Oh Frost.

For what it's worth, you may also want to throw this into the tech support thread in Off Topic.

ExoSoul

Banned
I don't think that quite counts as a remake :p

Anyhow, there's exactly ZERO need for a remake of it. The game already looks super ridiculously good. Some update to the textures and models is all it needs.

Some changes from the Zodiac Edition would be nice such as the higher cap on damage.

I'd say full on-Zodiac but I didn't like being tied to a class I had no idea how it played out/wha skills it had so if they can work in a FFT job change system it'd be much aprecciated.

PSA: Regarding KF2 Soundtrack

One of my small complaints against KF2 was that the music was really repetitive because there didn't seem to be a whole lot of tracks. Then I was poking around the options one night while I was waiting for a round to finish so I could get in a match and I found an option in the sound menu to "enable music lyrics" or something to that effect. This seems to greatly expand the soundtrack and the music is pretty awesome in and of itself. Unless you hate metal-ish type music... then I guess you should leave it off.

Some changes from the Zodiac Edition would be nice such as the higher cap on damage.

I'd say full on-Zodiac but I didn't like being tied to a class I had no idea how it played out/wha skills it had so if they can work in a FFT job change system it'd be much aprecciated.

One of my main problems with the US version was that all of the characters were pretty much interchangeable and there was no reason in the core game play to use anything but your 3 favorite characters. I played 90% of the game with my party consisting of Vaan, Balthier, and Fran. I can barely remember any of the other 3 (?) characters, except Penelo.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the theory, these PS2 to PS3 ports were done using proprietary Sony tools, thus making them exclusive to Sony platforms.

Actually, i just saw this post in another thread:

Not really that ridiculous... if you take in consideration that both ReMix (1.5 and 2.5) use Sony Corp. technology (SBMV, aka "Super Bit Mapping for Video", I think?) for all the cut-scenes, hence why we didn't see the KH ReMix on Xbox 360 or even WiiU. If they really want to release a proper collection of the past games, they will have to re-render those cut-scenes, which will most likely bring them to re-format/re-configure the assets to a new "system" for the cut-scenes.

source: Can be found in the copyrights claim in the back of both games.

("SBMV" and the SMBV logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation and represents the Super Bit Mapping for Video technology developed by Sony Corporation.)

Anteater

Onikira - Demon Killer's release date delayed

Hey fine gamers

In the months since early access we've been working our collective butt off to finish this game. Our final deadline for release was to be July 30th and while we've fixed countless bugs, and added 3 times the content, we feel that if we release tomorrow, the game will be missing that final layer of polish that will take it from being a fun game to being an amazing one. We know that the game in it’s current state far exceeds the early access version in every possible way, so we’re anxious to get it out there, but obviously everything needs to be running as smoothly as possible before that can happen.

So, we have decided to hold off on release for just a few more weeks while we put our final marks on the game. We hope you understand and that this doesn’t come as too much of a disappointment. We promise it will be worth the wait! All of us here are so excited for Onikra’s full release, and we’ve been working like crazy to get there. Thank you for all your reviews both good and bad. We read every one to help us push harder to make the game as good as it can be.

I honestly don't think that game will end up being good, the last time I tried it it still needed a lot of work even though the concept was decent but the updates didn't improve much, then they went silence for several months. I like what I've played so I'd love to be proven wrong and if they deliver it'd be a pretty fun game.

Turfster

(ending spoilers) Man, the Witcher 3
boss fights against the wild hunt are the most boring things ever. Wait, dodge, slap twice to take down a sliver of health, rinse, repeat, for ages.

Man, the Witcher 3
boss fights against the wild hunt are the most boring things ever. Wait, dodge, slap twice to take down a sliver of health, rinse, repeat, for ages.
Oh turfster you sneaky son of a bitch, how many times will you try to take advantage of me subconsciously always clicking on spoilers to try and ruin w3 for me?!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Oh turfer you sneaky son of a bitch, how many times will you try to take advantage of me subconsciously always clicking on spoilers to try and ruin w3 for me?!

giBmoxq.gif

I always click spoilers when scrolling, my fault and I should stop doing it :p

If CDPR could boost his damage and tune down his health, that'd be great.

Agreed.
The battle with
the Wild Hunt mage with his golems just before that is more fun. And in fact, harder, at least for me.

If CDPR could boost his damage and tune down his health, that'd be great.

He needs mores move than damage. Too predictable.

Turfster

Agreed.
The battle with
the Wild Hunt mage with his golems just before that is more fun. And in fact, harder, at least for me.
That was
easy as pie. Let him summon his golems, use them as a shield, he kills his golems, rush in, igni, slap slap slap.
The fucking high grand dickwad of the elven "we're rich and bored and needed a weekend club" club is just... ugh. There's no skill or anything involved in this, just waiting and rolling around a lot.

Oh turfster you sneaky son of a bitch, how many times will you try to take advantage of me subconsciously always clicking on spoilers to try and ruin w3 for me?!

Hey, at least I mark mine clearly.
If you click them, you have only yourself to blame! =p

ExoSoul

Banned
One of my main problems with the US version was that all of the characters were pretty much interchangeable and there was no reason in the core game play to use anything but your 3 favorite characters. I played 90% of the game with my party consisting of Vaan, Balthier, and Fran. I can barely remember any of the other 3 (?) characters, except Penelo.

Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, Fran, Basch, Ashe.

Maybe something in the middle like certain characters only having certain jobs available but they can change freely?

And I kinda liked Zodiac's take on it but for instance the moment you have to chose Vaan's job is too early, at least without a preview of som sort besides the brief useless description.

cyborg009

Banned
So can anyone recommend me tools to keep track of my PC performance and cpu tempeature? I seen some of my people using some of these programs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy XII remaster? I'll buy it. Twice if it's coming to PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
the miniskirt on ashe was so fucking bad omg

my ff ranking would be 7 > tactics > 6 > 8 > 12 > 9 > 10 (haven't played the rest)

i keep putting 9 really low cos i really didn't enjoy it back then but i think i owe it a new playthrough and i bet i would love it if i played it today. i just didn't care for the characters except vivi and didn't like the story (omg that shitty plot twist) or the fact that they went back to chibi designs

my ranking is mostly preferences, i think all of these games are pretty good in their own right, but the first three are the ones that really stayed for me, and ff8 to a degree did too.

Deitus

Here it is, the end of another day, and I haven't done a thing. I haven't even so much as launched a game. What the hell is wrong with me?

the miniskirt on ashe was so fucking bad omg

The costume design in FFXII was just awful across the board. I guess Balthier wasn't bad, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom